Preview Lions v Dogs Marvel Stadium Thursday 30th March 6.20 pm Brisbane Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilmot and McKenna both have excellent top speed but also - arguably more important - excellent starting to speed. They are able to cover other teams on a break better than any HBF combination we have had. I think we need to have that as our starting point for the backline. Starce lockdown. Rich still plays for now. Coleman if in - to the wing? Does that upset our balance? Kiddy is an excellent tackler and has good speed if not elite. The tank is the worry i guess. He seems less gassed this year?

I have been staunch about McCLuggage being a pure mid. Changed my mind after the weekend. Keep Berry and Dunkley in there. Clugga can rotate through but he is a gun wing and it will help us win a flag more than him as a mid.

Wings Clugga / Ashcroft / Coleman - would that work? Might be too attacking.

Tomorrow for the injury report but think Fagan said it was just a stinger for Berry.

Coleman would assume as a likely in. Hard to see an out after that game unless dropped Fort. That'd be rough but its a horses for courses decision.

Prior and Dev I'd like to see play but tough to see who for.

Fingers crossed Berry can keep playing inside with McCluggage more outside. Absolute winner over the weekend

Wilmot and McKenna both have excellent top speed but also - arguably more important - excellent starting to speed. They are able to cover other teams on a break better than any HBF combination we have had. I think we need to have that as our starting point for the backline. Starce lockdown. Rich still plays for now. Coleman if in - to the wing? Does that upset our balance? Kiddy is an excellent tackler and has good speed if not elite. The tank is the worry i guess. He seems less gassed this year?

I have been staunch about McCLuggage being a pure mid. Changed my mind after the weekend. Keep Berry and Dunkley in there. Clugga can rotate through but he is a gun wing and it will help us win a flag more than him as a mid.

No reason why Coleman can't have stints on the wing just a matter of Fagan and coaches changing things up a bit.
They did make adjustments last week regarding midfield/wing rotations.

Half backs over the last few years have become very important.
I don't see why we can't add some half backs into the wing/midfield rotation group.
So, we end up with 2 groups, wing/halfback/midfield & wing/forward/midfield.

To win a premiership you need to make moves that other clubs are not doing. Or do it better.
A good midfielder can play halfback and a lot of halfbacks can slot into the midfield.
It's just that all these players are usually not in the one AFL team.

These Lions players i see capable of filling both roles, some even as an inside midfielder.
Rayner, Zorko, Wilmot, Ah Chee, Coleman, Ashcroft, Answerth, Dev, Prior, Berry, McKenna, Madden

They can't all play in the one team but that is a good thing.

Hard to change a team that was so dominant against the best team in the comp. Wilmot feels most likely to go but it isn't like for like which makes it a worry. Assuming we don't rest Rich and want it to be like for like only, I could see us playing Coleman as the sub.

What is a stinger? I have seen it a lot. From context I assume it means just hurt for a bit but not injured?

My understanding is it's like a cork - a direct hit on a part of the body that hurts like hell but subsides quickly.

My understanding is it's like a cork - a direct hit on a part of the body that hurts like hell but subsides quickly.

If that's not right, it can only be one thing:

544026.jpg

This is a great point, I sometimes feel McKenna dashes away knowing a natural small defender like Wilmot can run back and help if needed. Adds more flexibility to the line up that Wilmot can pick up the slack while McKenna goes attacking.

Kiddy goes pretty hard at it when he plays, in the air or hunting the ball on the ground. Often putting his head where he shouldn't. I like how brave he attacks the ball. So he is more than likely to cop some sort of contact to the head, most won't be concussion causing. Another week off to be sure won't hurt.

If anyone knows, does flying affect head knocks? If pressure changes makes your ears pop, would it have negative effects on a brain injury? Inflammation or a bleed.

Kiddy goes pretty hard at it when he plays, in the air or hunting the ball on the ground. Often putting his head where he shouldn't. I like how brave he attacks the ball. So he is more than likely to cop some sort of contact to the head, most won't be concussion causing. Another week off to be sure won't hurt.

If anyone knows, does flying affect head knocks? If pressure changes makes your ears pop, would it have negative effects on a brain injury? Inflammation or a bleed.
I am basing this almost solely on JWP having to be driven back to Qld after suffering a beating in Perth. It had nothing to do with the fact he was KO'd but the broken bones in his face. That was based on drs advice IIRC so I am doubtful that they currently have evidence to suggest it's a risk if you have a concussion only. But I would not be surprised to find out that it is an issue in the future either. Obviously if there is inflammation or a bleed that is completely different. I would (in my completely ignorant opinion) be surprised if they let you fly with brain inflammation or bleeding if they stop you from flying due to facial fractures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having trouble with Ticketec.

Put my members numbers in and there seems to be no way I can get a genral admission ticket without paying more.

Rang the club, was put on hold and then told to leave a message.

I want a membership plastic card
Only way that happens is if enough people phone/email the club.

Even then they give you the run around.

Ryan Gardiner looks likely to return for the dogs this week. A good defender so will help the Dogs defense.
Lobb & Treloar a chance also according to the article.
Hopefully both those players stay unavailable.
We need the win as our opening 4 rounds were always going to be tough.
The more good players missing for the Dogs the better.

Ryan Gardiner looks likely to return for the dogs this week. A good defender so will help the Dogs defense.
Lobb & Treloar a chance also according to the article.
Hopefully both those players stay unavailable.
We need the win as our opening 4 rounds were always going to be tough.
The more good players missing for the Dogs the better.

Even if all 3 are inclusions so long as we turn up with the right mentality we should beat them regardless.

Even if all 3 are inclusions so long as we turn up with the right mentality we should beat them regardless.
Maybe, but i want the easier path to a win at this time of the year.
Teams don't win the GF in the first 6 weeks of the season, but they sure can lose that opportunity.

was gardner the spud they put on charlie last year
I can't recall who was on Charlie when he kicked 4 goals last year.
Seeing Berveage is their coach anything is possible.

However, Gardiner is a KPD 197cm and 95kg so it is doubtful.
Gardiner played only 21 games in his first 3 years.
Last year he improved out of sight and played 22 games.

Having trouble with Ticketec.

Put my members numbers in and there seems to be no way I can get a genral admission ticket without paying more.

Rang the club, was put on hold and then told to leave a message.

I want a membership plastic card
The GA tickets to the Melbourne game should appear in your account either later tonight or tomorrow- it’s normally 72 hours before the day of the game. Also very likely the Melbourne office will organise a bay on level 3 for Brisbane lions members to sit together this week. Emailed the club last week re that. Happened before Covid and it was fantastic sitting with other Lions. Keep an eye out for an email. Hopefully see you up on Level 3!

Yes can we please just have a card with a barcode!

Bevo put MacRae forward and Daniel into the guts. He has lost the plot.
The number under column rounds 1 & 2 are %.
TOT = Total number of CBA's attended.

Seeing the chart is only for 2 games you can work out that Daniel attended 13 CBA's in round 2 as 0% round 1.
Another reason i want Treloar to miss this week.
Their midfield is not that strong without Treloar playing. It appears depth an issue for them.
The Dogs are missing Dunkley big time at this early stage.
I think Macrae went forward just because they needed to try and see if something different would work.
But Bevo has done some strange position changes over the years
1679905882560.png

The number under column rounds 1 & 2 are %.
TOT = Total number of CBA's attended.

Seeing the chart is only for 2 games you can work out that Daniel attended 13 CBA's in round 2 as 0% round 1.
Another reason i want Treloar to miss this week.
Their midfield is not that strong without Treloar playing. It appears depth an issue for them.
The Dogs are missing Dunkley big time at this early stage.
I think Macrae went forward just because they needed to try and see if something different would work.
But Bevo has done some strange position changes over the years
View attachment 1641791

Pop Berry and Dunks on Treloar and good luck to the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back