Preview Round 21 - St. Kilda v Brisbane Lions (Sunday, 4 August 2024 at Marvel Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Form’s been patchy for a number of weeks now; good enough to win, but still patchy.

Can see this being either “a loss we need to have” to resharpen the focus, or we’ll click into flag mode and smash them.

Loins by 7 points

So even with only 3 rounds left after this weekend we could realistically finish anywhere from 1st to 7th... wow! what an insanely close season we have on our hands.
Below is if we lose and all the other tips are correct.
It is going to be a hard 4 weeks for a lot of teams
Booking GF accommodation and flights is a gamble for the interstate sides supporters.

1722565504780.png

I watch the rucks closely and one year Stef only lowered his colours twice. It was a great performance in a crap team.
Prime Stefan Martin was awesome.
Feel sorry for him that he fell away as we got good.

Prime Stefan Martin was awesome.
Feel sorry for him that he fell away as we got good.
For mine; Matty Clarke was the best exponent of the ruck craft and Stef Martin the best round the ground or "all round" ruck. Can't believe I don't have Clark Keating as the best, but Stef's prime, he was as good as any mid going around.......except his kicking for goal was :straining:

For mine; Matty Clarke was the best exponent of the ruck craft and Stef Martin the best round the ground or "all round" ruck. Can't believe I don't have Clark Keating as the best, but Stef's prime, he was as good as any mid going around.......except his kicking for goal was :straining:
Yeah I think thats close to my thinking. Oscar isnt the best at probably anything but longevity at this point. But he's also probably decent at all of them.

Form’s been patchy for a number of weeks now; good enough to win, but still patchy.

Can see this being either “a loss we need to have” to resharpen the focus, or we’ll click into flag mode and smash them.

Loins by 7 points
So the 3rd of 2 options 😂

Backline matchups?

Andrews-Caminiti (play off him)
Prior-Sharman (take his leap by bodying up)
Lester- Membrey (stronger 1 on 1)
Brain-Owens (play taller and rebound)
Starcevich- Higgins (lock down and tackle carefully)
Wilmot-Butler

Will be interesting

Funnily enough, I thought the same too and a couple of things struck me; the first is that I didn’t realise the Saints was his third club, the second that he’d played as many games as he had - 58 - and thirdly, the opposition club he’s played against most, are the Lions at 7 games (5 against former team the Dogs and then 2-4 against 15 other clubs.
Couldn’t pick him in a room with 2 people in it though. No idea what he looks like, just that he’s presumably tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great preview. First in a series of attending 3 consecutive games.

This one will be an arm wrestle. First to 70 points wins...us.

Melbourne lions September members were given to guest passes to this game - my tickets are in the app but don’t have a bar code - just looks like a screen shot. My other ticket is there and has a bar code. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Always seemed strange having Smith and Fort on the extended bench

I think Smith will be the sub
Yeah I just think we're too tall. Smith had to come out I think. The assumption is that Eric plays back and Prior plays as a medium/small defender. Which I'm just not sure he's cut out for.

Or Smith is the sub which I just don't like at all for that venue or our opposition.

With Reville named as emergency Smith has to be the sub now.

It won't be Brain as he is the 7th defender.
Fletcher, Berry and Ah Chee were our wings last week.
That could stay the same but i think Ah Chee may go forward and look after Wanganeen- Milera
Bailey played wing the week before so he may fill that role this week.

1722583616656.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back