List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Has shown some good signs, still very young. Did ok as a KPD in the first half of the year then averaged about 2 goals a game when shifted forward mid year. Pretty good in the air too.

Not too sure why but AFL clubs are horribly averse to debuting talls early.

Physical maturity.

There’s plenty too that as well. Once upon a time they wanted 100 reserves games in to you before you went up to the seniors.

Lemmey has zero value, he’s dfa material right now.
Would be very surprised if he was delisted and at the same time quite happy because we should absolutely be getting him in if he's been delisted. I agree he's not worth much in a trade but if he have to give up a 4th rounder to get him in as part of Houston deal then I'm not opposed to that at all.

Taylor Adams?

Wouldn’t cost much.

Would give the midfield a hard edge.

Allows Rozee to play HFF more.

JHF wasn't.
It's maybe a bit misleading though because it's what first picks we gave up for JHF but it's not what North received for him.

North got 2, 3 and a future first for JHF and 1 (only counting the 1st rounder bits). If you accept that North downgrading their pick 1 to 2 didn't change much for them then they essentially got pick 3 and a F1 for him. The chart is downplaying the value of these players but you'd take that for Houston I reckon.

The lack of genuine size of Port players has been a problem at both levels for years and from well before kern arrived to stink the place up.

I can remember a game against geebung where our 3 `tall' defenders looked to be at least 5cm shorter and 5-8 kegs lighter than their opponents, and a mate who was at the game sent me a text message confirming that it wasn't an optical illusion, but we have always looked smaller and lighter than them its been a problem for decades.

I can also recall going to a Maggie's game at Alberton when the top of Tom Clurey's head was below the level of his opponent's chin and not surprisingly he was absolutely monstered, the bloke just kept taking him to the goal square and posting him up like a basketballer with a height advantage.
Clurey was moved off him at about the halfway mark of the 2nd qtr but the damage had already been done.

I have the budget here somewhere from a sanfl game at Alberton oval from 10 or so years ago where there were 4 players on the Maggie's team listing who were between 172 and 177 cm, and the two who played were both listed as under 70 kegs.

The suns and crows seasons have been over for weeks now. Surely if Luko was going to the crows it would be out by now. Has to be waiting for our season to end and asking to be traded here.
Think there's an element of making sure his target club has the necessary capital to get a trade done too

The lack of genuine size of Port players has been a problem at both levels for years and from well before kern arrived to stink the place up.

I can remember a game against geebung where our 3 `tall' defenders looked to be at least 5cm shorter and 5-8 kegs lighter than their opponents, and a mate who was at the game sent me a text message confirming that it wasn't an optical illusion, but we have always looked smaller and lighter than them its been a problem for decades.

I can also recall going to a Maggie's game at Alberton when the top of Tom Clurey's head was below the level of his opponent's chin and not surprisingly he was absolutely monstered, the bloke just kept taking him to the goal square and posting him up like a basketballer with a height advantage.
Clurey was moved off him at about the halfway mark of the 2nd qtr but the damage had already been done.

I have the budget here somewhere from a sanfl game at Alberton oval from 10 or so years ago where there were 4 players on the Maggie's team listing who were between 172 and 177 cm, and the two who played were both listed as under 70 kegs.
Geelong are a big team & so were west coast. I recall watching WCE taking the field years ago vs us & I said to my brother they are taller & a lot stronger in every position on the field & the only guys below 185cm & 90kgs were guns like Rioli.

But I said we are faster & have a lot more run so should be able to run over them later in the game if we can stay in touch early. But in a finals big bodies normally win & Adelaide oval was a lot easier to defend

Also noticed how big bodied degoey dominated last years final series. My cousin was a gun teal cup player years ago & trained at ports for a while (was drafted by Sydney but chucked it in) & I said you will get buffed with all the weights training?

He said they wouldn’t let him near the weights until he first built his tank to afl level so he just did lots of aerobic training when he was already an elite runner, with a huge tank, which I found odd.

Then you watch sa teal cup side vs vic metro & the vic kids were absolute monsters. My cousin pointed out all the vic kids who had mysteriously grown 12 inches and put on 20kgs in a season & the rumour was they were all on human growth hormones. His mum got rather angry & said my son played on that kid last season & he was 5’7” & 65kg, a season later and he is 6’6” & 90kgs.

A number of very famous vic father sons too. He was offered the juice by a Victorian doctor but declined.

Also knew Greg Anderson years ago & had a go at him for getting so huge, like he fell in love with doing weights ( eg Williams this season) and lost some zip
He said the extra weight was a handicap in the regular home and away season but worth its weight in gold in finals

The suns and crows seasons have been over for weeks now. Surely if Luko was going to the crows it would be out by now. Has to be waiting for our season to end and asking to be traded here.
Barrass has asked to be traded to hawks. If he made his mind up, I would assume he would request PAFC regardless of our position in finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor adams is finished. What’s the point of cutting cooked finished players like boak and Dixon to bring in other cooked players? Pointless.
I wouldn’t cut Boak.

Adams was in the Sydney midfield until recently and the Collingwood midfield prior to that.

He would be playing for port this Friday if he was on our list.

He is tough and competitive, has come from two successful systems, wouldn’t cost much in cap or picks, would add high quality, ready to go depth.

Geelong are a big team & so were west coast. I recall watching WCE taking the field years ago vs us & I said to my brother they are taller & a lot stronger in every position on the field & the only guys below 185cm & 90kgs were guns like Rioli.

But I said we are faster & have a lot more run so should be able to run over them later in the game if we can stay in touch early. But in a finals big bodies normally win & Adelaide oval was a lot easier to defend

Also noticed how big bodied degoey dominated last years final series. My cousin was a gun teal cup player years ago & trained at ports for a while (was drafted by Sydney but chucked it in) & I said you will get buffed with all the weights training?

He said they wouldn’t let him near the weights until he first built his tank to afl level so he just did lots of aerobic training when he was already an elite runner, with a huge tank, which I found odd.

Then you watch sa teal cup side vs vic metro & the vic kids were absolute monsters. My cousin pointed out all the vic kids who had mysteriously grown 12 inches and put on 20kgs in a season & the rumour was they were all on human growth hormones. His mum got rather angry & said my son played on that kid last season & he was 5’7” & 65kg, a season later and he is 6’6” & 90kgs.

A number of very famous vic father sons too. He was offered the juice by a Victorian doctor but declined.

Also knew Greg Anderson years ago & had a go at him for getting so huge, like he fell in love with doing weights ( eg Williams this season) and lost some zip
He said the extra weight was a handicap in the regular home and away season but worth its weight in gold in finals
I considered mentioning Greg Anderson, there was a pic in the crapvertiser some years back showing the difference in his body size after 3 or 4 years at the bummers and he was huge in comparison to his days at the Maggies.

I considered mentioning Greg Anderson, there was a pic in the crapvertiser some years back showing the difference in his body size after 3 or 4 years at the bummers and he was huge in comparison to his days at the Maggies.
Look at Tilthorpe vs Marshall
A few of our guys seem allergic to the weights room & unable to bulk up.
It’s actually pretty easy to get massive depending on your genetics. One year I broke my ankle so hit the gym & 9 months later I was bloody huge & had half a dozen amateur clubs chasing me
But I looked a lot better than I actually played & lost a lot of pace & run so tried to slim down again
AFL players do weights differently, a bloke like me who just wants to get ripped will do 12-6 reps to exhaustion with a 90-120 second break between sets, then rest 3-4 days to recover. building up a lot of inefficient, fast twitch muscle mass, which the ladies love.
But AFL players train differently, they will have shorter breaks between sets & much less recovery time in order to build less bulk and more ingrained, hard, resilient body with more efficient slow twitch muscles. It’s a long and difficult process to get some bulk & not lose running power & speed
Pretty certain the attitude at ports is get your running up to scratch then put on a little bulk. Whilst other clubs go for bulk first then try to get the running up to scratch

Cal Twomey on the show Gettable has again stated St Kilda are interested in bringing Soldo

West Coast list manager Matthew Clarke on the show stated they may look at contracted Tom Clurey if they loose Barrass via trade to bring in senior defenders.

Cal Twomey on the show Gettable has again stated St Kilda are interested in bringing Soldo

West Coast list manager Matthew Clarke on the show stated they may look at contracted Tom Clurey if they loose Barrass via trade to bring in senior defenders.

Pick #24 thanks Saints

Last time I saw Greg Anderson I was doing a 5k run around the Torrens and thinking I was travelling OK and then I was passed by this blurr where I could only make out his hair as he disappeared into the distance. I remember thinking I have never seen someone move so fast and so smooth and I'm sure he was only half pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back