List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Richards and Barrett coming gives us a lot of small forwards, but none of them proven performers outside of Rioli and SPP, and to be fair DBJ has played his makeshift role well.

Presumably we need to move some out. Perhaps McEntee and Charleston to the rookie list. Narkle might be unlucky as the one without a contract. He's probably done enough to stick around, but might depend how he performs as sub in finals.

Finalyson might need to make a McKenzie like transition into a key defender.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's too soft. Arguably the biggest downhill skier I've ever seen. Should be a break glass in case of emergency option at best - you're not going to win a premiership with players like him in the regular lineup.

He's too soft. Arguably the biggest downhill skier I've ever seen. Should be a break glass in case of emergency option at best - you're not going to win a premiership with players like him in the regular lineup.
So is Rory Lobb.

For some weird reason sometimes soft forwards become decent defenders.

But yes he would likely only be a mature back up regardless.

God help us if we have to ever rely upon a forward line of Finlayson and Lukosius (if he comes to Port).

Both of them have shocking body language and go missing when things get too tough.

Richards and Barrett coming gives us a lot of small forwards, but none of them proven performers outside of Rioli and SPP, and to be fair DBJ has played his makeshift role well.

Presumably we need to move some out. Perhaps McEntee and Charleston to the rookie list. Narkle might be unlucky as the one without a contract. He's probably done enough to stick around, but might depend how he performs as sub in finals.
McEntee is already on a rookie contract from what I know, never got upgraded. Williams could be gone too from the rookie list

The other aspect to this is Narkle and Evans are UFA so they may well leave and take the decision out of our hands. Think Barrett and Richards will end up being similar to Evans and Narkle so no real difference there. Personally would keep 1 of Evans or Narkle and delist McEntee.

Why would Coll trade a player they recruited at pick 45 and joins the club in a premiership year. Plays 8 senior games in 2024 after significant injury mid season. Port offers him a 4 year contract ....... and what ...... Coll is going to give him away for peanuts!!! (i.e the same price they got him for). Wishful thinking!!

I don't want him to go ... nor do i think he will move on. The club spent a lot of time and resource through Ben Reid his mentor and club premiership player to get him only 2 years ago.
It makes no sense for Coll to want to shift him unless they receive a premium price.
Because he's uncontracted, dingus. Collingwood don't have a choice.

Unsure about our defensive stocks moving forwards, especially with Esava moving forwards and Houston getting traded. Im not too keen on Clurey being able to put in a shift in this current AFL climate, nor am I confident in McKenzie staying on for another year. Perryman should be a like-for-like Houston replacement, but I'd love to look at getting a few more solid options, but with big defenders and rucks being worth their weight in coin it's a bit of a stretch

This is why I think Adam Tomlinson as a UFA is a good addition to our defensive stocks. At the same time, I am more inclined to think Todd could move back to defence over the off season to play that Houston role given he's an elite field kick.

Because he's uncontracted, dingus. Collingwood don't have a choice.
To be fair, they do have a choice. Either accept the deal or let him go to the Pre-Season Draft. Port will position the contract in a way that rules out other teams coming in for him. Hence why we have offered a 4 year contract.

To be fair, they do have a choice. Either accept the deal or let him go to the Pre-Season Draft. Port will position the contract in a way that rules out other teams coming in for him. Hence why we have offered a 4 year contract.
Yep no one is stupid enough to pick him up on a 4 year deal...... Wait a minute.....

Why would Coll trade a player they recruited at pick 45 and joins the club in a premiership year. Plays 8 senior games in 2024 after significant injury mid season. Port offers him a 4 year contract ....... and what ...... Coll is going to give him away for peanuts!!! (i.e the same price they got him for). Wishful thinking!!

I don't want him to go ... nor do i think he will move on. The club spent a lot of time and resource through Ben Reid his mentor and club premiership player to get him only 2 years ago.
It makes no sense for Coll to want to shift him unless they receive a premium price.

Lol take yourself out of one eyed pies fan mode for a second.

Port got 4th rounders for all of Aaron young , ah chee, hombsch and Austin.

That’s the going price we’ve gotten for fringe out of contract players. Aaron young was a hell of a lot more proven than Richard’s is as well with a recent 37 goal season under his belt when we traded him to Gold Coast.

I’m not sure why port should be expected to let our players go for peanuts but pay above that rate coming the other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol take yourself out of one eyed pies fan mode for a second.

Port got 4th rounders for all of Aaron young , ah chee, hombsch and Austin.

That’s the going price we’ve gotten for fringe out of contract players. Aaron young was a hell of a lot more proven than Richard’s is as well with a recent 37 goal season under his belt when we traded him to Gold Coast.

I’m not sure why port should be expected to let our players go for peanuts but pay above that rate coming the other way.
Mate I'm just trying to provide perspective/info on Richards rather than trying to razz you up!!! So calm down.
Using other players as "I WIN" comparators is just plain illogical. There are heaps of other players previously traded that would disprove your point.
You clearly have no understanding that OOC in this example has no bearing on Port obtaining him. Port must negotiate a trade with Coll. So Port are in no position to offer just bag of chips for him. If he rejects Coll's new contract offer and the clubs don't come to a satisfactory trade position, then he can walk to the free market. He has to place himself either on the national or pre season drafts and in that instance Port won't get him no matter what his terms and conditions he places (especially not for the 4th rounder you think he is worth).

Mate I'm just trying to provide perspective/info on Richards rather than trying to razz you up!!! So calm down.
Using other players as "I WIN" comparators is just plain illogical. There are heaps of other players previously traded that would disprove your point.
You clearly have no understanding that OOC in this example has no bearing on Port obtaining him. Port must negotiate a trade with Coll. So Port are in no position to offer just bag of chips for him. If he rejects Coll's new contract offer and the clubs don't come to a satisfactory trade position, then he can walk to the free market. He has to place himself either on the national or pre season drafts and in that instance Port won't get him no matter what his terms and conditions he places (especially not for the 4th rounder you think he is worth).

Oh I had no idea who I was dealing with.

in that case I’ll inform the club to bend over.

HARD no for Luko. Don’t want the dude. Invest in the draft and draft a key position player instead of getting Jack Watts 2.0. It’s not going to swimmingly end well for us.
While I wouldn’t want to pay more than a 2nd rounder, and a reasonable price $$, I reckon he is worth the punt. I get the soft vibes, but I think we are at the stage to pad out our depth.

Even as a 2nd or 3rd defender, we have no one known after Allir, BZT or Esava. As a forward - if Marshall is cooked, and Dixon retiring, we also only have Georgi, Lord and Jez (and Esava)

There is a lot of unknowns there, lots of opportunity, and tall players don’t grow on trees. Our younger players are untested and tbh most talls don’t make it to senior level.

Most of this is true apart from the end. If he nominates via PSD, Port can structure his contract (and I assume they already have) in a way that significantly increases his chances of getting to Port without anyone else picking him up.

Any club that picks him up via PSD would need to match Port's offer in the exact manner, including number of years and the amounts in each year. For example if Port offer him say $2m over 4 years for arguments sake, they can say Year 1 they'll pay $1m, $500k in year 2 and year 3 and 4 it'll be $250k. Then other clubs would need to pay Joe the same amounts which is what makes them pass on him.

These deals usually get done, especially in a draft which is this deep. Collingwood are in need of young talent and they'd rather have the pick than not have the pick. Expect a 3rd rounder will get it done quite easily if Joe wants to come over.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back