List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

All these players desperate to go home, maybe the AFL should compromise the draft some more and restrict the first two rounds to home states. :rolleyes:

How do we add an above average/elite small & medium sized forward to our list through either the draft or trading?

Tommy A & Lachie Charleston aren’t showing much, & Willie Rioli can’t do it all by himself.

All these players desperate to go home, maybe the AFL should compromise the draft some more and restrict the first two rounds to home states. :rolleyes:
Bring back Zones, can keep 1 player each year.

The AFL will allow clubs to trade two years in advance, but not until 2025. Clubs had thought it may get introduced this year, but have just been notified that it will come in from next season instead. More on
@AFLcomau soon.

So we can match Benny Barrett if he goes inside pick 40.

He has been invited to State testing, so someone might be looking at him.

He absolutely thought he was coming to Port.

Trading up for Sinn never actually happened.

I'm 99.99% sure it was a live trade with west coast specifically to get sinn. (After nwm was off the board)

Its good for planning that we know Barrett will be on the list in some form next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look NWM is very good, but I just can’t get too hyped about uncontested half back players. DBJ, Laird, Daniel - all AA players in that role that are basically on the scrap heap now.

Bergman can actually defend and is impeccable overhead. Much harder to replace.

Very keen on Pickett though - we desperately need to improve our forward line and he’s an outright gun. I could definitely live with a Houston/Pickett swap.

Look NWM is very good, but I just can’t get too hyped about uncontested half back players. DBJ, Laird, Daniel - all AA players in that role that are basically on the scrap heap now.

Very keen on Pickett though - we desperately need to improve our forward line and he’s an outright gun. I could definitely live with a Houston/Pickett swap.
Kosi Pickett throwing up some Mac and Cheese numbers tonight.

Kosi Pickett throwing up some Mac and Cheese numbers tonight.

2 goals though. On track for 35 goals this season - which would be 4 consecutive seasons of 35 goals or more in each year.

I don't think it will happen, but I'm not against a trade involving Houston, Pickett and pick swaps that favour Port.

Surely the only way it happens is if we get in Pickett's ear and he then requests a trade. We'd settle for a straight swap though. Wouldn't be surprised if the media called for us to throw something else in.

I'm 99.99% sure it was a live trade with west coast specifically to get sinn. (After nwm was off the board)

Its good for planning that we know Barrett will be on the list in some form next year.
This is correct. We live traded up for Sinn after NVM was already gone. You could tell from his reaction on the night we’d been balls deep into him.

Surely the only way it happens is if we get in Pickett's ear and he then requests a trade. We'd settle for a straight swap though. Wouldn't be surprised if the media called for us to throw something else in.
Media are saying Houston worth 2 1st rounders so is Pickett worth 2 I'm not sure

Media are saying Houston worth 2 1st rounders so is Pickett worth 2 I'm not sure

He's inconsistent but a match winner on his day. If we can land Perryman or Cummings from GWS as a free agent plus kozzie for Houston, that's a net gain imo. Probably all a mute point anyway

Don't get me wrong I love Bergman, he does a lot of the dirty work and non flashy stuff and slips under the radar a bit.
NWM is really good on the rebound and would love his kicking in transition.

The best performing teams like Brisbane, Geelong, Richmond and recently Hawthorn get there by trading in quality.

Not by getting good returns for quality that leaves.

They lose the fringe players seeking opportunities and get paid handsomely for them due to their success and keep their quality whilst adding more.

There's no point "winning" on trades out like Wingard if it just keeps your list forever building and never getting there

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best performing teams like Brisbane, Geelong, Richmond and recently Hawthorn get there by trading in quality.

Not by getting good returns for quality that leaves.

They lose the fringe players seeking opportunities and get paid handsomely for them due to their success and keep their quality whilst adding more.

There's no point "winning" on trades out like Wingard if it just keeps your list forever building and never getting there

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looked like we won that trade massively. Even though we did Burton hasn't turned out as good as we thought, and we traded off Duursma for F all.
Duursma is proving how good he is now at Essendon.
Burton has pissed off Hartlett by what I've heard, thinks he's too good for SANFL but isn't showing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back