List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I would rather keep Soldo, he was very good early in the year and he seems to be a great character around the club. I don't know if it was his family Roaming Brian spoke to after a Friday night game, but they were great entertainment. Also a tiny bit scary ;)
Geelong is the only team where Soldo would be a walk up no1 ruckman next season, they do view Conway as their future ruckman but still not ready yet. Maybe St.Kilda, some saints fans think they are looking for a ruckman to play Marshall more forward, that guy has pretty rucked solo last 5-6 years.

Geelong is the only team where Soldo would be a walk up no1 ruckman next season, they do view Conway as their future ruckman but still not ready yet. Maybe St.Kilda, some saints fans think they are looking for a ruckman to play Marshall more forward, that guy has pretty rucked solo last 5-6 years.

I Still think he's our number 1 ruckman.....

Dimma has already made up his mind & told Jack to look elsewhere if he wants more senior game time. That, & his reported one million dollar price tag tells me Rozee can continue calling him while he plays for another club.
He 100% wanted to come home last contract but the $ weren’t there from either SA club. I don’t believe the million dollar price tag for a second. He’d be keen just to get home now.

Really want him to stay, but if Rumours are True St.Kilda were interested but got told no. If he is adamant on moving back to Melbourne, St Kilda have more assets to trade with us draft picks and young SA talent.
Their pick 5 and the compensation pick for battle as well as a 2nd pick in return for Houston and a future 3rd round pick.😏

PS. I know it’s highly unlikely going to happen but one can dream right?😆

I’m sure we could find a spot for Luko.

I know he certainly isn’t a gorilla but he would be handy on that forward line
Luko's interest for me revolves around Marshall's health. He could play a similar role in our forward line to Todd. You couldn't play both though in the same side IMO.

Luko's interest for me revolves around Marshall's health. He could play a similar role in our forward line to Todd. You couldn't play both though in the same side IMO.
I think this is totally correct. How many concussions has Marshall had now? The last one looked like an incident that happens 10 times every game. I can't see how he goes on. Luko does seem a similar - high skill low intensity type and likely replacement.

I Still think he's our number 1 ruckman.....
Yep, was the best in round 1, injury not form has cost him his place in his team. Looks to have fronted for the Maggies when asked with the right attitude and plays with a sense of aggression and urgency we (I) need in a big man.

Love what Sweet has done in his opportunities, but wonder what we may look like with a Fit and firing Soldo, let’s not forget how excited we (I) got when I saw a big Ruckman push forward to snag the first goal of a match early on.

Has he been good/healthy for Visintini? Has his presence and voice brought something more out of Dante, something has clicked with the Vis that has seen him come on leaps and bounds in 12 months, I would love to think it may be the European connection, maybe some Richmond/Hardwick tough love?

I could see a surprise yet this season, Sweet get beaten by ROB and Doughnuts turning to Soldo for Fremantle and then with a week off he launching into McInerney at the Gabba and being the difference…

Let’s hope.

Also happy enough for Sweet to dominate ROB this week and beat these mongrels!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saying that, I have no idea how people here think Soldo is a first ruck. He perhaps has some qualities above Sweet but the vice versa is also true. Sweet's tapwork generally is much better than Soldo's hack taps so the first use for our midfield when he wins is crucial. Soldo is better when he floats forward but Sweet recently has really shot up his ground level work and his tackling has impressed me. Sweet is also a better kick than Soldo.
Soldo was the second best performing ruckmen for hit outs to advantage when we decided to try and turn him into Charlie Dixon against Collingwood.

"Of the players in the top 10 for total ruck contests, Soldo has the second-best hitout to advantage percentage (36.8) behind Tim English. For comparison, the in-form Max Gawn is sitting at 29.2."

And its like check the Soldo thread when he went out with his knee. Doom and gloom that Sweet will never be able to fill in for him.

Cal Twomey saying Lukosius will require an early pick. Forget the second round nonsense. Victorian clubs will be in the mix too.

Soldo was the second best performing ruckmen for hit outs to advantage when we decided to try and turn him into Charlie Dixon against Collingwood.

And its like check the Soldo thread when he went out with his knee. Doom and gloom that Sweet will never be able to fill in for him.
Didn't think English would be top for HOs to advantage. His 1 HO this year must have gone straight down Bont's throat.

Then it's a NO from me to chase him.

Cal Twomey saying Lukosius will require an early pick. Forget the second round nonsense. Victorian clubs will be in the mix too.
Until he says, I only want to go to Port, otherwise I’ll hang out here on the Gold Coast and enjoy this contract.

The only way Lukosius would cost a 1st rounder is if Gold Coast pay a massive chunk of his $1 million per year for the next 2 years contract. However, they also want to offload him and view him as unwanted.

If Port take the whole contract (which I believe we have the cap space to do so), then it will be a 2nd round pick.

Gold Coast would have zero care factor for picks. None.

This year's Academy players and next year's.

Salary dump on the other hand is of interest to them. Luko makes a choice and Gold Coast are going to see he's happy and gone.

If we turned Houston into two firsts (say from Richmond after losing Rioli, baker and maybe Bolton), we could trade the later teens pick for Luko
Richmond would only get rid of above players to completely rebuild. There would be no point in them getting Houston. But Luko could be someone they are interested for Rioli he is only 24.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back