List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Not just number 1 SA kid.

We want Eagles 1st round pick next year.
You then run the risk of giving away 2 picks this year in the teens and Eagles winning 5 games and finishing 15th.

We can get Sharpe next year but we'll lose a very good player to make it happen.

Fair enough and thanks. I see hes debuting in the league this week which had me wondering if there was any way we could manufacture something to get him in alonside JHF long term.

And the Crows have a plethora of picks to trade where GWS need picks for Rioli.

Gold Coast want Rioli and they have picks 8, 10 and 20 with another top 10 Academy player in their sights.

They don't need picks.

Man getting a good draft pick from North for Wines is tempting
No it’s not, he has shown his value this last month and blokes like He and Boak make the culture. Thought Huston was in the same boat but maybe not. If you trade these blokes out that are happy at the club we become but a franchise.

In a Business world, we need to cling to our identity of being a Club first and foremost.

I wouldn't trade Ollie. I doubt there would be much on offer from North and Ollie is still an important part of our midfield.

We don't have another mid like Ollie and we have to get an early pick to draft a mid good enough to develop into his role. Mead is ok but he's no Ollie Wines.

No it’s not, he has shown his value this last month and blokes like He and Boak make the culture. Thought Huston was in the same boat but maybe not. If you trade these blokes out that are happy at the club we become but a franchise.

In a Business world, we need to cling to our identity of being a Club first and foremost.

Ollie has shown his value over the past month but he's also at an age (30 in October) where it can end quickly for guys carrying his frame around.

Ollie would get an extra couple of years in a deal that could ultimately put him a million dollars in front of where he’d be staying at Port.

Port end up with a player who could play for us this week and another 12 years.

I think North may be after a KPD in the draft they don't need pick 2 so that pick could be gettable?

Ollie has shown his value over the past month but he's also at an age (30 in October) where it can end quickly for guys carrying his frame around.

Ollie would get an extra couple of years in a deal that could ultimately put him a million dollars in front of where he’d be staying at Port.

Port end up with a player who could play for us this week and another 12 years.

I think North may be after a KPD in the draft they don't need pick 2 so that pick could be gettable?

I am in the same boat that while I dont want to lose him, hes at an age where if North want to make an offer too good to refuse we should think about it. Depending on how much luck they have with other targets they could become desperate.
Wo knows, maybe Todd tries to get Jack and Ollie together.

That's not what someone with a vested interest in this issue told me not even 24 hours ago.

Let's see what happens. Port are well placed in this.
He was willing to come to whichever club was willing to pay him at his last contract. Neither was. If it’s just about getting home now and not the $ I’d have him.

Not a fan of pushing anyone on because the have reached 30. No reason why Ollie can't push on.

Realistically he probably has 2 more "good" years left. After that you'll be pushing up hill.

His skillset is one that isn't conducive to playing anywhere other than inside mid, so once he drops off he will be out of the side rather than rotating between the wing/forward/inside mid etc.

There isn't a player on Ports current list though who can replicate his contested work. And I'm not quite sure who could be that guy in future years - most likely I would suggest his replacement isn't currently in the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of pushing anyone on because the have reached 30. No reason why Ollie can't push on.
We came back into form when we stop our three young guns attending the centre bounce together.
Where we are better off having a defending mid, either Wine or Drew at each bounce.

Yep, that might be true. But will find it hard to get back in this season. Injury or Sweet getting monstered is his only chance.
You can never have too many ruckmen where our ruck setup is very robust for the next year or so.

Do they? They only have the 1 first rounder this year according to draftguru
Luko does not come free, where currently the Crows have provisonal picks; 5, 27, 43, 61 & 79 or 3,094 points.

Where we have; 32, 50 & 86 that is, 857 points

Luko does not come free, where currently the Crows have provisonal picks; 5, 27, 43, 61 & 79 or 3,094 points.

Where we have; 32, 50 & 86 that is, 857 points
We may have a a couple of bargaining chips in Houston, Dixon, Mcentee, with Soldo not getting games maybe he would like to finish up playing on the GC although I hope we keep him. Burton could be an option but he's from SA and a little soft.

Ollie’s manager has said he ain’t leaving. Why would he go to north? Basically has to be a great deal for him and, if north are doing that, then they would also have to pay us well for him.

It’s odd that his name has been mentioned twice now and by an oppo coach, with the second mention after a denial by his manager.

He would be a loss as we don’t have another big body like him, with his age and experience. But not irreplaceable. And if we are talking a healthy first rounder or something, then that’s a great deal.

When we've got 3 freakishly talented midfielders, a big bodied powerful mid like Wines at the stoppages is vital. I'd be annoyed if we traded him unless he really wanted to go or we got a godfather deal.
Yea his year and importance to our set ups and success this year has probably been understated.

He is also a great overhead marker.

Those big body mids can be found around the place though but not at Ollie’s level. Don’t think Jones would work but maybe worth a trial. Otherwise, there are several solid mids in the draft in the top 30, if we can get a good enough pick we can probably replace Ollie.

Ollie’s manager has said he ain’t leaving. Why would he go to north? Basically has to be a great deal for him and, if north are doing that, then they would also have to pay us well for him.

It’s odd that his name has been mentioned twice now and by an oppo coach, with the second mention after a denial by his manager.

He would be a loss as we don’t have another big body like him, with his age and experience. But not irreplaceable. And if we are talking a healthy first rounder or something, then that’s a great deal.
SPP?

When we've got 3 freakishly talented midfielders, a big bodied powerful mid like Wines at the stoppages is vital. I'd be annoyed if we traded him unless he really wanted to go or we got a godfather deal.
At his age I doubt he would move now, plus he's become very reliable in the mid field now.

Wow I remember when he arrived at Alberton, it will be career done in a few years. My god, Hinkley was here before Wines.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back