List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Burton should be packing his bags, and as much as I like Williams, he may be gone too
As much as people will say that Burton is asaf he can kick the ball, as can Williams and we are trying to replace a kicker not trying to replace a player with pace. Neither Burton or Williams is really an adequate replacement for Houston but they are the best we've got.

This will give those knucklebeaks who were happy to see the back of Houston for magic beans an opportunity to see what life is like without him a bit earlier than expected.

As much as people will say that Burton is asaf he can kick the ball, as can Williams and we are trying to replace a kicker not trying to replace a player with pace. Neither Burton or Williams is really an adequate replacement for Houston but they are the best we've got.

This will give those knucklebeaks who were happy to see the back of Houston for magic beans an opportunity to see what life is like without him a bit earlier than expected.
You gotta get the ball to kick the ball. And to get the ball, there needs to be effort. Effort and Burton are chalk n cheese atm.

Sinn should replace Houston in the 22, and no one wants Houston gone for Magic beans. He initiated his departure and club are simply dealing with it in the best interests of all parties involved while getting maximum value.

You gotta get the ball to kick the ball. And to get the ball, there needs to be effort. Effort and Burton are chalk n cheese atm.

Sinn should replace Houston in the 22, and no one wants Houston gone for Magic beans. He initiated his departure and club are simply dealing with it in the best interests of all parties involved while getting maximum value.
What you are saying is correct but others on here in the past few weeks are expecting us to not miss Houston because we have a few kids who are father/sons who will play on the flank.

If Houston to Victoria has anything to do with money then that should be addressed now. If he genuinely wants to leave for non-footballing reasons then we move on and we should all wish him all the best. He has been a great player through an unfortunate period.

About Burton he will get 20 touches in the back half. He is what he is, no player doesn't have flaws and he is the latest of a list of whipping boys. Pittard - Bonner - Burton

About Burton he will get 20 touches in the back half. He is what he is, no player doesn't have flaws and he is the latest of a list of whipping boys. Pittard - Bonner - Burton
Burton would get 20 touches probably, 10 of them will be from kick ins. Players may have flaws, but one flaw no player can have is lack of effort. That's a minimum standard and Burton at AFL and SANFL level hasn't shown that he's willing to work hard to get his place back. Pittard, Bonner, Burton - have you ever thought about why they're on the list of whipping boys? All 3 of them didn't put in enough afford defensively.

Petracca definitely wants out.

Maybe Dan could be talked into giving Melbourne a little more thought.

I think Port would take two first rounders over Petracca given their current list profile. Not that I agree with that line of thinking.

I think Port would take two first rounders over Petracca given their current list profile. Not that I agree with that line of thinking.

Petracca is ready to go.

A-Grade.

Unfortunately likely to end up at Geelong ( not sure if that's dark humour on Melbournes board part or not but it sounds right.)

As much fun as it is to shop for rookies in the draft we'd take Petracca.

Everyone says they wish we had 2 x JHF.

Petracca would be the 2nd JHF.

We could at all times have one in the middle and one in the forward line.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I noticed Lachie murphy chatting away to kern post game. He must have seen that with McEntee dropped there is a position vacant for "absolutely useless small forward who applies 'pressure' but ****s everything up"

He'd be an upgrade on literally every statistic except:

Marks inside 50 by .3 per game.

How can anyone defend McEntee is entirely beyond me

comparison.PNG

Edit: Forgot One percenters by a whopping .1 per game. Whoopee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure Melbourne will be thrilled to lose their best player and top 5 player in the comp, to get Houston. But also give a 2nd round pick at the same time lol.

That's between Melbourne and the Crows to sort out the back and forth on that, apparently he wants out, Crows need a midfielder, they should give more but I don't care it's not directly involving Port.

Split the crows first, pick 4, and Port get 3 picks in the top 30 in a solid draft.

Houston to Mebourne
Petracca to Crows
Crows 1st, Melbournes 2nd to Port.

No, just no….

For starters, forget doing any deal that improves that franchise.

If Christian Petracca is leaving the Melbourne Footy Club and is willing to pack up he and his missus to pack up their lives and move to SA, then we must throw the kitchen sink to get him (always within reason).

It’s rare that an opportunity to get a top-five player in the league comes along, especially in a premiership window.

The idea suggested by yourself in Dan Houston to Melbourne, CP5 to Crows, and Port getting Crows 1st (pick 4 or 5) and Melbourne 2nd being pick 38, which the Dees acquired from Sydney in the Grundy trade, just doesn’t make any sense imo, especially considering that we aren’t backing down from two first rounders, nor should we plus Melbourne want a star player and two first rounders picks or three first round picks.

So with that being in mind, Melbourne’s demands. Even before sitting at the table with the Dees, you would need to do a couple of trades and find away to get a first-round pick in the door. So looking at the list, Soldo imo becomes surplus to requirement and you’d extract as many picks as you can, so a trade with West Coast is a no-brainer; they need a ruckman, and for Soldo, it’s perfect because he would be clear number 1 over there with no real competition, especially since Tim English has re-signed at the kennel.

West Coast has picks 3, 23, and 59.

Last year, we got Soldo with picks 41 and 49, plus Freo’s future 2nd and our future 4th. Soldo to West Coast for Picks 23 and 59 should suffice for both clubs. After you've traded picks 23, 37, which should get a pick between 10 and 12, which is held by Freo (10), Carlton (11) and Hawthorn (12), or picks 23 and 59, which should get a late first rounder in the door between 18 and 20, which are currently held by the Swans (18 and 19) and Gold Coast (20), once you’ve got that first round pick in, you’ve got to get a third club involved in the trade with Melbourne to get Petracca because our draft capital stinks. Which club is willing to come to the table and give up their first-round pick or a star with it?

I don’t see any third club coming to the table with us and the Dees.

Unless Melbourne is happy with Houston +12 for Petracca, if you go by Melbourne's demands, it wouldn’t satisfy the Dees, they would want a bit more unless they lower their demands, which isn’t happening. All parties involved, between us, Melbourne, and that third club, have to get very very creative in order for a trade for Petracca to Alberton to happen.

No, just no….

For starters, forget doing any deal that improves that franchise.

If Christian Petracca is leaving the Melbourne Footy Club and is willing to pack up he and his missus to pack up their lives and move to SA, then we must throw the kitchen sink to get him (always within reason).

It’s rare that an opportunity to get a top-five player in the league comes along, especially in a premiership window.

The idea suggested by yourself in Dan Houston to Melbourne, CP5 to Crows, and Port getting Crows 1st (pick 4 or 5) and Melbourne 2nd being pick 38, which the Dees acquired from Sydney in the Grundy trade, just doesn’t make any sense imo, especially considering that we aren’t backing down from two first rounders, nor should we plus Melbourne want a star player and two first rounders picks or three first round picks.

So with that being in mind, Melbourne’s demands. Even before sitting at the table with the Dees, you would need to do a couple of trades and find away to get a first-round pick in the door. So looking at the list, Soldo imo becomes surplus to requirement and you’d extract as many picks as you can, so a trade with West Coast is a no-brainer; they need a ruckman, and for Soldo, it’s perfect because he would be clear number 1 over there with no real competition, especially since Tim English has re-signed at the kennel.

West Coast has picks 3, 23, and 59.

Last year, we got Soldo with picks 41 and 49, plus Freo’s future 2nd and our future 4th. Soldo to West Coast for Picks 23 and 59 should suffice for both clubs. After you've traded picks 23, 37, which should get a pick between 10 and 12, which is held by Freo (10), Carlton (11) and Hawthorn (12), or picks 23 and 59, which should get a late first rounder in the door between 18 and 20, which are currently held by the Swans (18 and 19) and Gold Coast (20), once you’ve got that first round pick in, you’ve got to get a third club involved in the trade with Melbourne to get Petracca because our draft capital stinks. Which club is willing to come to the table and give up their first-round pick or a star with it?

I don’t see any third club coming to the table with us and the Dees.

Unless Melbourne is happy with Houston +12 for Petracca, if you go by Melbourne's demands, it wouldn’t satisfy the Dees, they would want a bit more unless they lower their demands, which isn’t happening. All parties involved, between us, Melbourne, and that third club, have to get very very creative in order for a trade for Petracca to Alberton to happen.
Stop this fantasy; Petracca just needs some love, he is not leaving the Dees and if, if, if he did, he would not move to SA.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back