List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

If we end up with let's say pick 10ish Harvey Langford night be around the mark as that bigger bodied mid.

Or perhaps Bo Allan.

10 becomes 12-13 after F/S, Free Agent compo and Academy concessions to other clubs.

Pretty sure Langford is gone.

It's not a great pick.

I'd personally go Hotton if still there.
Think if Ports due diligence on his knee comes up ok they will as well.

I have tried to watch as much vision of Joe Richards as possible since hearing of our interest. I really like him a lot! He has smarts, has a great kick, is a quick decision maker, and is a damn good tackler.

Our list guys have obviously done their DD on him, so I am stoked if we get him in, esp if he comes cheap.

He's a good player. Very clean by hand and foot. Good footy smarts. Only been at club for 2 years but had injury during both seasons so hasn't played too many games. Also has a bit of competition for small forwards spots i.e Elliot, Hill etc. Nobody really sure just what his ceiling is just yet until gets a good run at senior level.
I hope we keep him big time. He would need to be traded, and I don't think Port would offer a high enough trade price.
Fingers crossed we don't get duded again in any negotiations like we normally do!!

Luko, Pickett, Perryman, Cumming and Richards. Busy offseason coming up!

If they pull that off. Whilst also winning the flag this year and Boaky retires but remains at the club, Dixon retires, plus others etc...

Then next year they'll be even more prepped to go back 2 back with that group.

Not an overly tall forward line if they just use George and Luko with the smalls and mids rotating etc.. but still looks dangerous.

Luko, Pickett, Perryman, Cumming and Richards. Busy offseason coming up!
Perryman, unrestricted free agent - won’t cost a pick
Cumming, unrestricted free agent - won’t cost a pick
Edit: we have apparently offered Richard’s a four year deal - will be interesting what Collingwood ask for him.
Luko will not be coming to us - he’s a crow through and through.
Pickett contracted to 2027.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to what we would use two first round picks on?

Pick a midfielder? We have Butters, Rozee and JHF in there for the next decade - any gun midfielder would be wasted and looking for a trade after 3 seasons due to lack of opportunity.

We have Burgoyne developing nicely on his wing. When Boak finally decays, Lorenz is looking promising, and then there's Hugh Jackson and some father/sons who can be developed in this role.

A KPF? Georgiades, Lord and Marshall also hanging around for the foreseeable future, then there's Scully and Walsh waiting in the wings. And I don't see the next Wayne Carey in this year's draft crop, most of the mooted top 20 are mids..

KPD? Unless a Weitering is in the top few picks in the Draft, no-one wastes a top 10 pick on a defender. And again, none of the projected high picks are KPDs. Also, the Wakelin boy is coming up soon as a FS.

Small forward? We look like taking Richards anyway, and are trying to get Kosi Pickett. Tommy Alphabet will probably get a shot as well.

That leaves half-backs, and Houston is the best half-back in the league, in his prime and under contract. Why are we pushing him out for magic beans?

Dunno if we are pushing him out? And having Perryman coming in, would solid up that part of the ground. Even Sinn has some potential too.

But 2 first rounders could go towards a lot. If they are not used for a ready made player like Pickett, or WanganeenMilera, a couple of really fast creative half-forwards would be the go.

Speed is key, and the main reason we have improved the back half of the year - prioritising this at selection. If we could inject speed into our front half, we go another level.

Dunno if we are pushing him out? And having Perryman coming in, would solid up that part of the ground. Even Sinn has some potential too.

But 2 first rounders could go towards a lot. If they are not used for a ready made player like Pickett, or WanganeenMilera, a couple of really fast creative half-forwards would be the go.

Speed is key, and the main reason we have improved the back half of the year - prioritising this at selection. If we could inject speed into our front half, we go another level.

Yeah. I don't believe Port were pushing Dan out. To be honest, might be better if he stays and Port land Perryman as well. Could see Bergman getting back into the midfield and perhaps see Houston in the midfield.

Port just need the fast, smart forwards to surround the big guns and kinda vise versa with backline having the big gun defenders and smart, fast defenders getting the work done. Hence why it's worked more without Sav down back and throwing Bergman back because it's also freed up Houston and Farrell.

Yeah. I don't believe Port were pushing Dan out. To be honest, might be better if he stays and Port land Perryman as well. Could see Bergman getting back into the midfield and perhaps see Houston in the midfield.

Port just need the fast, smart forwards to surround the big guns and kinda vise versa with backline having the big gun defenders and smart, fast defenders getting the work done. Hence why it's worked more without Sav down back and throwing Bergman back because it's also freed up Houston and Farrell.
Yeah - Sav is actually surprisingly quick too and his forward pressure has been excellent for a big man (or maybe I’m just used to how slow Dixon is now).

Pickett would be great, but I'm sceptical about the desire for him to wear his uncle's guernsey number being enough for him to leave (until a suitable time, such as free agency/end of current contract).

Not saying it wasn't said, but sounds more like a throw-away line to me. And clearly hasn't been enough of a motivating factor for him in the past not to sign a long term contract with Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PortMelbSt Kilda
GiveHoustonPickett
1st Round
Wangerneen Milera
GetWangerneen Milera
Pickett
Houston1st Round

Fair or unders for Picket/Wangerneen Milera?

To be fair, Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera is and will be a star player. Already on his way. Kozzy is good too.

Both of them are a 1st round pick and 2nd round so like 1 and a half 1st round. Where as Houston atm is easily 2 1st rounds based on many factors that dim wits at Melbourne can't comprehend 🤦 He's legit the only player this season to be top 5 all the way through. No other player was top 5 all the way until now. That's one example.

So, in saying the above, you'd need 1 and a half Houstons to get both Kozzy and NWM.

Only realistic way Port might get NWM is if Bergman leaves and quite possibly will ask to goto Saints and hope NWM requests to come to Port in the process. Both contracted until 2025.

IF they somehow got a deal done for both Kozzy and NWM by utilising Houston and maybe another player or two that may go back to Vic and are border line on the core 22 then maybe... and it would be a huge trade for Port.

If Houston desperately wants to go, I would take a straight swap for Pickett or a straight swap for NWM. Both are young stars and thinking we can get both for Houston is hilarious.
I'd suggest Pickett.

And bank on having it open for NWM after next season with Bergs maybe leaving.

I know NWM is more like for like in a way to Houston except the kicking is not elite like Houston but what players are?

PortMelbSt Kilda
GiveHoustonPickett
1st Round
Wangerneen Milera
GetWangerneen Milera
Pickett
Houston1st Round

Fair or unders for Picket/Wangerneen Milera?
That would be more like;
Port:
Give - Houston, 2024 2nd Round, 2025 1st round.
Gain - Pickett, Wanganne-Millera, St.Kilda 2025 3rd & Melb 2025 3rd.
Melb:
Give - Pickett, 2024 1st, 2025 3rd.
Gain - Houston, Ports 2024 2nd, St.Kilda 2024 2nd.
St.Kilda:
Give - NWM, 2024 2nd, 2025 3rd.
Gain - Melb 2024 1st, Port 2025 1st.

Mitch Cleary seems confident Joe Richards will get to Port. Said when Port set their sights on a player they go hard after them.

Mitch Cleary seems confident Joe Richards will get to Port. Said when Port set their sights on a player they go hard after them.
Hypothetically, if that happens we then have Rioli, SPP, DBJ, Richards, Evans, Narkle, McEntee, Anastasopoulos and Charleson, with Benny Barrett likely to come in as NGA.

I sincerely hope if Houston leaves, we dont push DBJ back. There must be some ruthless list culling planned this off-season. Unless they know Dixon, Boak, McKenzie are retiring and Clurey will be delisted/traded for the last pick in the draft. Maybe we pay out McEntee's contract and delist him along with one of Evans or Narkle (harsh imo) but can't see us delisting the 2 draftees from last year.

I reckon it could be a real possibility that Charleson is desisted and rookied by us (assuming available).

Hasn't had the season that I hoped he'd have.

In saying that, I wouldn't be against giving him another year or 2 to prove himself.

Hypothetically, if that happens we then have Rioli, SPP, DBJ, Richards, Evans, Narkle, McEntee, Anastasopoulos and Charleson, with Benny Barrett likely to come in as NGA.

I sincerely hope if Houston leaves, we dont push DBJ back. There must be some ruthless list culling planned this off-season. Unless they know Dixon, Boak, McKenzie are retiring and Clurey will be delisted/traded for the last pick in the draft. Maybe we pay out McEntee's contract and delist him along with one of Evans or Narkle (harsh imo) but can't see us delisting the 2 draftees from last year.

My guess it's, Frankie Evans gets picked up by Victorian club after seeing what he can do, even as a fill in. He's unrestricted so can go if he wants. If Bolton heads to WA, Narkle "might" see If he can get there to if it's Freo? He's unrestricted as well. That depends though. Him, SPP and Bolton are a close friends. So who knows.

Pretty sure McCallum will be delisted.

They will trade Clurey. Heard eagles were interested but who knows. He's Victorian.

McKenzie's will retire. Injuries too much and he's 32 now I believe. Dixon up in the air and same as Boak. I believe if Port win the flag then Boaky will retire.

Williams may be traded too.

Be very VERY interesting to see how it pans out.

If they hypothetically get perryman, richards, pickett, barret and the father sons too which might be rookie, don't know.

They need to free up space.

Maybe they'll trade Clurey and Xavier to Eagles. Pretty certain Xavier is from WA? Unsure how he's gone.

If it's what I think, the following go at seasons end.

• Dixon
  • McKenzie
  • McCallum
  • Frank Evans
  • Houston
  • Williams

My guess it's, Frankie Evans gets picked up by Victorian club after seeing what he can do, even as a fill in. He's unrestricted so can go if he wants. If Bolton heads to WA, Narkle "might" see If he can get there to if it's Freo? He's unrestricted as well. That depends though. Him, SPP and Bolton are a close friends. So who knows.

Pretty sure McCallum will be delisted.

They will trade Clurey. Heard eagles were interested but who knows. He's Victorian.

McKenzie's will retire. Injuries too much and he's 32 now I believe. Dixon up in the air and same as Boak. I believe if Port win the flag then Boaky will retire.

Williams may be traded too.

Be very VERY interesting to see how it pans out.

If they hypothetically get perryman, richards, pickett, barret and the father sons too which might be rookie, don't know.

They need to free up space.

Maybe they'll trade Clurey and Xavier to Eagles. Pretty certain Xavier is from WA? Unsure how he's gone.

If it's what I think, the following go at seasons end.

• Dixon
  • McKenzie
  • McCallum
  • Frank Evans
  • Houston
  • Williams

Xavier won't leave, from all accounts he's been doing well at SANFL level as a key back. We've added Jacob Moss as a Cat B rookie too which for me spells the end of Kyle Marshall.

We could see upto 10 departures in the form of trade, delisting or retirements and 10 arrivals in the form of trades, free agents and crafts

Perhaps the most fascinating off season brewing at Port in some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back