List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier won't leave, from all accounts he's been doing well at SANFL level as a key back. We've added Jacob Moss as a Cat B rookie too which for me spells the end of Kyle Marshall.

We could see upto 10 departures in the form of trade, delisting or retirements and 10 arrivals in the form of trades, free agents and crafts

Perhaps the most fascinating off season brewing at Port in some time.

Yeah, be very interesting.

Even better if I see "Kozzy has requested trade to Port" and "Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera has requested trade to Port" and the deals get done 👍

You don’t need draft picks for Perryman or Cumming.

And Richard’s is nothing special, third round and if we are incredibly generous, late second round.

Yep and if we land a pick in the 20s or something then put that on the table for Luko. If they say no then walk away. Have enough passengers in the squad as is.

Forget about Pickett, that won't happen this off-season.

One to keep an eye on would be Adam Tomlinson. There was definitely interest in the past and now he's UFA if I'm right and doesn't start when Dees are fully fit. If McKenzie, Clurey, Kyle Marshall leave, he could be a replacement to provide some depth.

You don’t need draft picks for Perryman or Cumming.

And Richard’s is nothing special, third round and if we are incredibly generous, late second round.

We probably need to off load our 2nd round pick 37-40ish with Benny Barrett showing a bit in the reserves for South. Benny is possibly looking like someone who could attract a bid around that mark. So Richards for 40 sounds reasonable.

Im liking the age profile of who we've been linked with Perryman and Cumming with both be 26 and Joe Richards will be 25 next season, Kozzie is 23 and Luko 24 - It would really complement the core of our team moving forwards

Unsure about our defensive stocks moving forwards, especially with Esava moving forwards and Houston getting traded. Im not too keen on Clurey being able to put in a shift in this current AFL climate, nor am I confident in McKenzie staying on for another year. Perryman should be a like-for-like Houston replacement, but I'd love to look at getting a few more solid options, but with big defenders and rucks being worth their weight in coin it's a bit of a stretch

Also love to get a proven big forward to replace Dixon and with Marshall's future being cloudy, we're left with a solid hole up forwards that Esava simply wont fill. Not to sure about Lord's capabilities to take bodies away in a sense as he's seemed to have dropped off slightly and his SANFL record has been worrying to say the least. We'll desperately need this to allow Georgiades to flourish, especially if we want to put games into Scully in 2025. Who knows, the game plan might change and Hinkleyball might die with it

It seems that this off season we're chasing developed, proven talents rather than picking up the usual DFA's with links to SA like your ANB types we seem to pick up like its loose change. It's like there's already a difference in modus operandi going into this period - Odd having a plan and sounding it out even before next season is even looking to begin. I'm hopeful in thinking we've learnt after throwing away picks to consolidate the team's weaknesses last trade period by leaving it to the last minute and getting bent over a barrel.

I reckon it could be a real possibility that Charleson is desisted and rookied by us (assuming available).

Hasn't had the season that I hoped he'd have.

In saying that, I wouldn't be against giving him another year or 2 to prove himself.

I've been disappointed with Charleson, he hasn't shown the dash, X-factor and quick thinking that illustrated his highlights package.

He's had a couple of knee issues, which may have cost him confidence. Hoping he can put on a few kgs in the off-season, get healthy and prove himself.

While Anasta has been inconsistent, he has shown what he could be capable of, but he also needs at least a 5kg gain over summer.

I've been disappointed with Charleson, he hasn't shown the dash, X-factor and quick thinking that illustrated his highlights package.

He's had a couple of knee issues, which may have cost him confidence. Hoping he can put on a few kgs in the off-season, get healthy and prove himself.

While Anasta has been inconsistent, he has shown what he could be capable of, but he also needs at least a 5kg gain over summer.
Agree entirely with this.

We probably need to off load our 2nd round pick 37-40ish with Benny Barrett showing a bit in the reserves for South. Benny is possibly looking like someone who could attract a bid around that mark. So Richards for 40 sounds reasonable.

Richards is OOC and clubs have a deal agreed in principle - he'll be at Port and I don't expect it'll cost much at all
Why would Coll trade a player they recruited at pick 45 and joins the club in a premiership year. Plays 8 senior games in 2024 after significant injury mid season. Port offers him a 4 year contract ....... and what ...... Coll is going to give him away for peanuts!!! (i.e the same price they got him for). Wishful thinking!!

I don't want him to go ... nor do i think he will move on. The club spent a lot of time and resource through Ben Reid his mentor and club premiership player to get him only 2 years ago.
It makes no sense for Coll to want to shift him unless they receive a premium price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Coll trade a player they recruited at pick 45 and joins the club in a premiership year. Plays 8 senior games in 2024 after significant injury mid season. Port offers him a 4 year contract ....... and what ...... Coll is going to give him away for peanuts!!! (i.e the same price they got him for). Wishful thinking!!

I don't want him to go ... nor do i think he will move on. The club spent a lot of time and resource through Ben Reid his mentor and club premiership player to get him only 2 years ago.
It makes no sense for Coll to want to shift him unless they receive a premium price.
That’s ok. Thanks for the input. What would you say is a reasonable premium price for an out of contract guy that has played 8 games in 2 years?

Because he's out of contract, and Collingwood have Hill, Elliot, Schulz, and McCreery ahead of him in the pecking order. It's great to have depth, but a depth small forward is not a high priority signing for the Pies, hence why they've moved late to re-contract him. Port got wind that he was currently in no-man's-land and offered him the security of a long contract which has been enough to get his interest.

It's possible Collingwood reconsider and up their offer which may get him to stay, but very unlikely given they'd be tying up a fair bit of salary cap flexibility in a guy they don't consider is in their best 23.

There's plenty of examples of clubs taking losses or just breaking even to keep players happy:
  • Melb trade 27 for Grundy, then one year later trade him on for 46 and Sydney's 2024 2R (late 30s/40s).
  • Soldo traded for Freo's 2024 2R and change
  • Ginnivan for minor pick swaps
  • Bedford, Setterfield, Frampton, Francis - a plethora of players traded for peanuts

Finalyson might need to make a McKenzie like transition into a key defender.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think this is an overreaction. Let's not forget Finlayson was our leading goal kicker last year.

Georgiades is clearly ahead of him at this point but the others on the key forward depth chart are:
  • A near the end Dixon who may not even be on the list next year.
  • Marshall who has a massive concussion cloud on his future, has had a terrible season and would probably be line ball with Finlayson even with both playing at their best.
  • Ratugolea who has only recently been thrown forward and could easily find himself playing as a back again in the future.
  • Lord and Scully who are both works in progress and no guarantee to make it.
It's easy to imagine a world where Finlayson is our second best key forward next year. He gets a contract and he's absolutely in the mix to be best 23.

I think this is an overreaction. Let's not forget Finlayson was our leading goal kicker last year.

Georgiades is clearly ahead of him at this point but the others on the key forward depth chart are:
  • A near the end Dixon who may not even be on the list next year.
  • Marshall who has a massive concussion cloud on his future, has had a terrible season and would probably be line ball with Finlayson even with both playing at their best.
  • Ratugolea who has only recently been thrown forward and could easily find himself playing as a back again in the future.
  • Lord and Scully who are both works in progress and no guarantee to make it.
It's easy to imagine a world where Finlayson is our second best key forward next year. He gets a contract and he's absolutely in the mix to be best 23.
He'll get a contract and I'd back him to improve back to 2023 form. Doesn't need to set the world on fire but provides value in flexibility if nothing else.

Would've loved to have seen what they could've achieved in a semi competitive Magpies lineup.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back