List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever Sam Edmund would know. I saw Sam McClure on Footy Classified last night talking about a Petracca for McKay swap and I've never heard so many "I believe", "This is what I think", "It's not confirmed but it's possible".

He might just as well have come out and said I made all this shit up.

And then the panel congratulates him on great reporting.

This is the world we live in.
Very true. It's all click bait. What an individuals view on what was said can then be misconstrued as what the actual meaning was. ,"Implied" is my favourite one .

Sam Edmund reporting Soldo has become 'disenchanted'. With Sweet establishing himself as a reliable ruckman and Dante needing games next year, this is one where we ought to admit we got it wrong, trade for a packet of chips (cant imagine anyone giving up a 2nd rounder) and get his salary off the books.

We didn't get it wrong so much as circumstances have changed.

We can find a good home for Ivan and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood
Gain: Houston, 55
Give: Noble, F1, F2, 32
Gold Coast
Gain: Noble, F2 (Coll)
Give: Lukosius
Port Adelaide
Gain: Lukosius, F1 (Coll) 32
Give: Houston, 55

Collingwood cant give up both a F1 and an F2 unless they can get one back.

Soldo's sister's comment which was along the lines of `cop that Richmond' without her using those exact words, didn't survive the karma test too well, but if he is traded after only 1 season on Port's list it will be interesting to see what the offers will be, particularly `if' his original club is genuinely interested.

Last edited:
If you run a razor through our list and think about being competitive next year but, especially, when Tassie comes in, what changes do we need to make?

When the Suns and GWS came in, it hurt the draft and ensured that struggling and middling clubs couldn’t rebuild. So Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong were artificially elevated and were able to build dynasties. It’s been harder since then but Tassie may result in a similar situation.

If you run a razor through our list and think about being competitive next year but, especially, when Tassie comes in, what changes do we need to make?

When the Suns and GWS came in, it hurt the draft and ensured that struggling and middling clubs couldn’t rebuild. So Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong were artificially elevated and were able to build dynasties. It’s been harder since then but Tassie may result in a similar situation.

Been thinking this for the last 2 years.

North are going to go from a laughing stock to potential dynasty when Tassie comes in.

This record number of top 10 picks on their list are going to be hitting their prime. It’ll be Clarkson solidifying his legacy as the GOAT potentially too.

Both dynasties will be as a result of good fortune out of expansion teams though.

It’s not the clubs fault Soldo got injured. Which seems to be the theme of his career!
And his glamorous misssus the influencer moved to Dubai as she did not like living in Adelaide.
There is always a market for the second ruckman who can kick goals.

Collingwood cant give up both a F1 and an F2 unless they can get one back.
Collingwood
Gain: Houston
Give: Noble, F1, 32
Gold Coast
Gain: Noble, Rioli, 55, F2 (Port)
Give: 5, Lukosius
Port Adelaide
Gain: Lukosius, 5
Give: Houston, 55, F2 (Port)
Richmond
Gain: F1 (Coll) 32
Give: Rioli

Please... why would Port do that?

Baldwin is in no way, shape or form a KPD. Never was, never will be.

He is a traditional lead up FF. He is big enough and has courage. A good pair of hands on the lead, and generally a solid shot for goal.

But any time he has been tried as a defender he has been average at best.

Pre- knee recos (yes multiple) I would have been all for Baldwin ... as a big forward. Not as KPD depth.
Sadly he can't stay on the park with his fragile body failing him, where he did not even play a VFL game this year.

Should be this offseason's Grundy.

Such a shame we can't package up him and Rat to get that first rounder back. I know I bang on about this a lot but my god it was such a bad trade at the time and hindsight has made it even worse.
We definitely overpaid but I think both calls were justified. We needed a KPD and a Ruck. With the benefit of hindsight the cheaper options of Zerk and Sweet have ended up the better options for both, but there were no guarantees of either. Coming out of the trade period with just 1 backup VFL ruckman and the 3rd string reverse Coleman Backman could've easily blown up in our faces.

I want to keep Soldo otherwise we remain pretty light on for ruck options but I can see why he would think he was better elsewhere. Nobody is taking Rat so whatever

Collingwood
Gain: Houston
Give: Noble, F1, 32
Gold Coast
Gain: Noble, Rioli, 55, F2 (Port)
Give: 5, Lukosius
Port Adelaide
Gain: Lukosius, 5
Give: Houston, 55, F2 (Port)
Richmond
Gain: F1 (Coll) 32
Give: Rioli
If, if, if he leaves, the Pies are Petracca's choice where they will need another fire sale to generate picks (for him)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back