List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as the hype of Kysaiah Pickett finally playing for Port feels good, there's massive doubt that will ever happen. Seems port just aren't what he wants or people around him. Either way, I don't think it wil be all that interesting this trade period. Houston will stay, couple retirements, delistings and few trades and just the players that we all kind of know in some way, will be selected.

Below is rough idea of those out & in plus next season possible line up and depth.

Scully at 203cm with Lord to touch wood work on their mass and ruck techniques as potential forward/rucks.

Would ideally like to see Bergs play on ball but have him back pocket defence in line up.

FB PERRYMAN BZT BERGMAN
HB FARRELL ALIIR HOUSTON
C BURGOYNE WINES CUMMING
HF ROZEE ESAVA RIOLI
FF SPP LUKOSIUS GEORGIADES
FOLL SWEET BUTTERS JHF

INT DREW DJB MEAD L.EVANS JONES BOAK ( BARRETT RICHARDS BURTON LORENZ NARKLE FINLAYSON )

DEPTH

FB K.BURGOYNE K.MARSHALL R.BURGOYNE
HB BURTON WALSH MONTGOMERY
C LORENZ NARKLE FRANCOU
HF ANASTASOPOULUS SCULLY RICHARDS
FF BARRETT LORD MCENTEE
FOLL VISENTI FINLAYSON JACKSON

INT CHARLESTON

RETIRED
  • DIXON
  • MCKENZIE

DELISTED
- MCALLUM

UNRESTRICTED LEAVING
- FRANK EVANS

TRADED OUT
  • DYLAN WILLIAMS
  • TOM CLUREY
  • JOSH SINN
  • IVAN SOLDO

RETIRED
- TODD MARSHALL (concussion)

TRADED IN
  • PERRYMAN
  • CUMMING
  • KY BURGOYNE
  • ROME BURGOYNE
  • LOUIE MONTGOMERY
  • OLIVER FRANCOU
  • BENNY BARRETT
  • RICHARDS
  • LUKOSIUS

Is he?

Dixon’s gone, Marshall might be a serious head knock away from retiring. Who knows what’s happening with fin.

That leaves us with

Mitch
Esava
Lord
Scully

As kfs. That’s defcon 1 emergency hitting the draft hard for kfs for the next few years to try to unearth someone time.
I just don’t rate him. I think his 4 goal final was overrated. He is tall though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its Geelong no way they will give us a 1st rounder let alone a 2nd rounder for Lord.
They have that prick Andrew Mackie who gave us hell for Ratugolea claiming he was a first rounder.
Screw Geelong!

I just don’t rate him. I think his 4 goal final was overrated. He is tall though.

Kfs you don’t rate that highly are still valuable and necessary tho.

We just paid pick 25 for esava, a now failed kf, failed key defender, bog average kf again.

Plenty of teams can’t even field kfs when one goes down as they don’t even have afl standard guys behind them.

The idea that the next guy in is only marginally behind Houston in terms of impact is very naive.

Ball users like Houston are about the most impactful players in the game right now.

Sinn could have a break out year next season and we’re still not close to being even.

That doesn’t mean we don’t let Dan go, if we wants to go and we can get what we want we do it.

And yes Pickett is a massive upgrade on Evans or mcintee, both of which are only getting games thanks to injuries this year, but small forward is the least impactful and least important position In the sport. Of course we take Pickett if we get a chance, he improves the team

I agree, although the small forward that can push up, rotate through the midfield, deliver into the forward fifty and play the small role is probably the second most important player right now. Miers, Rankine, Papley, Daniels, Greene, etc. Rioli has made a huge difference to our forward line and he isn’t playing the full role that the previous players are. Kozi doesn’t really play this role either but the is starting to. And I agree, Houston for Pickett isn’t close to a fair deal for us.
Is he?

Dixon’s gone, Marshall might be a serious head knock away from retiring. Who knows what’s happening with fin.

That leaves us with

Mitch
Esava
Lord
Scully

As kfs. That’s defcon 1 emergency hitting the draft hard for kfs for the next few years to try to unearth someone time.

Problem is, does Lord actually provide us cover? We’ve chosen Sav and Dante ahead of him this year. Finlayson is the better ruck. Mitch and Todd are better kicks and smarter forwards. Dixon is also getting a gig ahead of him despite being on his last legs.

I’m not sure he has much beyond mongrel and a healthy competitive streak - which are rare and key attributes to be fair. I was really disappointed with how he returned after his injury, I had high hopes that he might have built some fitness, speed and agility.

Our starting forwards next year are likely to be three of Marshall, Georgiades, Ratugolea and Finlayson. That gets worse if Luko does come to us. It’s probably in Lord’s best interests to leave Port as he could be starting 22 at a number of clubs. North, Geelong, Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda, Essendon, Collingwood - all could use a ready to go key forward.
I'm not a huge fan of Lord tbh, I dont think he'll be able to take over the Dixon role and even if he takes marks, he's got a questionable kicking action. There's more kids in this draft I'd take over him if I'm being honest. I understand the cupboard is bare but it's worth the risk

Yea I’m in this position too. If Lord lands us a good enough pick then maybe we can get that tall that’ll replace Dixon in the long term in the draft.

I worry that another year of sitting in the twos means we will get nothing for him.

Port have told Luko if we get you to Port we want him to be the next Westoff.
Sinn/Burton and Williams will be watched closely by multiple clubs over the finals
Soldo is gone
Cats to come for Lord again.
Boak to resign for 1 yr
Dixon gone
wine delivery delivering the goods GIF by nakedwines.com

A very interesting and exciting take with Lukosius. If he wants to expand his game then he will want to play for us. It really challenges him to be the best if he comes here. Bravo.
I don't have a problem with Soldo and Dixon leaving.
I'm happy to get a pick in the 20s for Lord. If we do get that, I'm happy for him at the Cats.
I guess Boak deserves it but I'm chomping at the bit to see Lorenz play on the wing. I hope Lorenz gets a chance to play next year even if Boak goes to the bench.
If we keep Houston then Burton and Williams will go to teams who really want that sweet boot in the back half. Both are top tier in that department.

Thank you Watto. You made me blatto!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back