List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Port fans it was very entertaining watching you crush purple hearts last week, many thanks.

I have heard you are looking at sending Ken Hinkley over at the end of this year with Soldo as a sweetener…

Let’s say we just want Soldo. Is that palatable with Port fans and if so would you be looking for picks or players?

I would be keen on a swap for Barnett.

As for picks, I see why teams wouldn’t want to overpay for him after yet another injury year, but there’s just zero reason for port to trade him for a 3rd round pick.

It would leave us short a ruck on the list , which we would have to go out and get and trade probably a 3rd or 4th rounder for some guy not half as good as soldo.

I would be keen on a swap for Barnett.

As for picks, I see why teams wouldn’t want to overpay for him after yet another injury year, but there’s just zero reason for port to trade him for a 3rd round pick.

It would leave us short a ruck on the list , which we would have to go out and get and trade probably a 3rd or 4th rounder for some guy not half as good as soldo.
Yep all fair comments. I’ve previously tabled the Barnett swap on our board. I think that’s probably about right for both clubs given our list stages and may suit both players.

Yep all fair comments. I’ve previously tabled the Barnett swap on our board. I think that’s probably about right for both clubs given our list stages and may suit both players.
If you're proposing a direct swap I don't think Port would that at all. Would require a couple of late picks coming back our way.

If you're proposing a direct swap I don't think Port would that at all. Would require a couple of late picks coming back our way.
Very hard to put a value on Soldo or Barnett to be honest. Draft picks (even shit ones) are like gold for us at the moment, don’t think we’d throw any more picks in and Barnett is obviously a highly rated young ruck.

Don’t know what your cap is like but with Cumming seemingly headed your way and Houston staying perhaps having Soldo off the books and us paying Harry’s salary might be of interest.

Hi Port fans it was very entertaining watching you crush purple hearts last week, many thanks.

I have heard you are looking at sending Ken Hinkley over at the end of this year with Soldo as a sweetener…

Let’s say we just want Soldo. Is that palatable with Port fans and if so would you be looking for picks or players?

Sorry it’s Ken and Soldo or no deal.

Picks.

Taking into account Lord's 4 goals against brisvegas in a final and his late start to this season his rap sheet at both AFL and SANFL levels is bordering on empty.
His ruck work is just about non existent at either level as well.

He should be able to regularly dominate for the Maggies by now, but all we have seen at SANFL level so far is the occasional big mark and goal here and there, often followed by a disappearing act where supporters could be forgiven for forgetting he is on the field.

Given the clouds over Marshall and also possibly Finlayson, an aging Dixon and the inconsistent form of Ratugolea, unless geebung make a god father offer we can't refuse (which is highly unlikely), I suspect he will hold his spot on the list for 2025 and will hopefully show that final against brisvegas wasn't just a one off!

I'd be extremely happy to straight swap Soldo for Barnett.
There would be no need for that. Our cap would be fine. Soldo sweet and vis would be one of the cheaper ruck units going around.
Sounds like Soldo for Barnett then. Not often players are swapped directly glad we could get it done.

Please knock off the f**king Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way, we have ruck depth where I am sure Charlie will still be there next year; we need picks for trades.
Why? Doesn't look like we're getting Pickett, Perryman is a free agent, Richards will cost **** all. Only guy we might need to trade for is Luko; I reckon the Crows are more likely to end up with him, and if not we could probably swing it with future picks anyway. Unless we lose Houston in which case we'll have plenty to secure Luko with change left over.

No way, we have ruck depth where I am sure Charlie will still be there next year; we need picks for trades.
If we trade Soldo, we would need to draft a young ruck anyway. At least via trade we could get a ruck with 2 AFL preseasons under their belt.

The main reason for trading Soldo is salary cap realignment. Barnett averaged 6 disposals a game in the WAFL (admittedly for a side that would be even harder for a young tall than the Magpies). He’s very long odds to make it.

According to Gettable, Port incredibly busy with Perryman, Cumming, Richards and Garcia (this from a few days ago, so not news I know).

If we trade Soldo, we would need to draft a young ruck anyway. At least via trade we could get a ruck with 2 AFL preseasons under their belt.

The main reason for trading Soldo is salary cap realignment. Barnett averaged 6 disposals a game in the WAFL (admittedly for a side that would be even harder for a young tall than the Magpies). He’s very long odds to make it.

Barnett I’ve no problem with.

Eagle’s just gave him a 2 year extension.

He’s a 20 year old 203 cm ruck who has played 1 afl game as sub. He's a baby. If you check out his highlights from that game there’s a couple of things you look at that have you thinking there’s something there.

I would do the deal in a minute but I don’t see West Coast doing it. That is unless they believe they can grab Dodson in this draft. Dodson 19 possessions 21 hit outs for Sturt 18s yesterday.

West Coast rebuild plan is probably 4 years has Barnett a 24 year old gun Ruck with a few emerging mids.

I think you misunderstand, Hinkley is FREE nothing in return.

According to Gettable, Port incredibly busy with Perryman, Cumming, Richards and Garcia (this from a few days ago, so not news I know).

Perryman I'm keen on.
I don't see it in Cumming. What am I missing with him?

Garcia AND Richards? How many AVG small forwards do we need on the list?

He’s had a better year than Simmo I’ll give him that.
Ken can even coach without a headset or a phone, he does it all with mental telepathy, he stands perfectly still with his hands behind his back, focused on the next masterstroke move. He concentrates that hard that he can make what he's thinking appear on Josh Carr's lap top up in the box.

You must take this genius.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back