List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a fair bit of overreaction across BigFooty on the supposed average list we have. Give this list to Clarko, Mitchell, Longmire or Chris Scott and we'll definitely win a flag in the 12 year stint that Ken has had.

Changes I'd make are:

Retire:
Dixon
McKenzie

Delist:
McCallum
Kyle Marshall
McEntee
FEvans
Narkle

Trade Out:
Houston - top 10 plus late first, if not get a couple of R2 picks instead of late first
Williams - R3 pick
Soldo - R2 pick*
Lord - R2 pick*

*would be using these picks to get another first rounder or trade into next year's

Trade In:
Perryman/Cumming (I think only one of them will arrive)
Richards
Luko
Garcia

Trade if possible, if not keep:
Clurey

Draft:
Murphy Reid
Trainor/Tauru
Barrett
Charlie West
Jay Polkinghorne
3 F/S (some will be rookie)

Compared to ours?
There's more flexibility with ours though. If Carr takes over and Houston does leave, wouldn't be surprised to see Rozee in the HB position. JHF/Butters can play more up forward. There's versatility in our midfield which imo the Giants don't have much of.

It's not Rozees fault he's captain.
I'd have gone with Houston.

Hopefully the club learns a lesson.
Captain or not he’s still gone missing when it counts.
I was hoping the nightmare from the dogs final was behind him.
I’m still yet to be convinced he has what it takes but hopefully this week he can stand up.
I want him to succeed in big games it’s just I’ve never seen it yet.

But he has also talked a lot about how much Carr has improved his game.
This talk about the players who would leave when Hinkley goes is sickening. It seems to happen every time a coach leave. This preemptive crystal ball gazing of who would almost certainly leave when a senior coach goes.

I remember Boak talking about how on board he was with Primus. Then when Primus went he still signed on for 2 more years before the eventual head coach (Hinkley) was even appointed.

Players openly support their coaches pretty much until the day they walk out the door. They also openly appreciate what they have done for them. However they rarely make decisions about whether to leave or not at that point. They at least have the nous to wait and see who the new coach is going to be and what ideas and strategy they are going to be bring with them.

P.S. Besides, does anyone really think Ken is going to get another senior gig? A stubborn old caffeine soda swilling Uncle Fester who couldn't coach a team to win finals in 12 years???

And don't underestimate the bond between players. Butters loves playing with Rozee, and why would he not want to spend the next several years playing with he and JHF?

Last edited:
Just give me Perryman for one wing and Cumming for the other please.
Doesn’t impact our draft hand at all and raises the level of that midfield drastically. I always thought we weren’t strong in the wings, but Thursday night really highlighted how completely inept we are in that area. Good wings are important to both attacking and defending.
Also highlighted the huge gap in our list of very strong 24-28 year olds. Players who are entering their best years and are physically strong.

We've been in for Perryman long before the Houston rumours came out. Been in his ear since start of the year.

There's been lots of noise about Perryman wanting midfield minutes and that's why he's considering leaving Giants because their midfield is stacked.

He wants to leave because GWS fücked him around. Pretty certain their first offer to him was for only 2 years at low ball money.

Dave Matthews got involved at one point and asked his management words to the effect of "ok let's cut the BS, what's it going to take to keep you here?" But by then they've screwed him around and disrespected him with some absurd offers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah 2021

And 2019.
Fwiw, this idea that Houston wants midfield minutes is a furphy. Has nothing to do with why he wants to go to Victoria.

BS. He loves the club and Adelaide more than Ken. He ain’t going.
Well I hope you’re correct, I hope he stays also but we have to understand there’s going to be some massive offers coming at him in the next couple of years.
I personally wouldn’t put money on him staying.
If he does stay that would be great.

Players who legitimately feel tied to Kern are a part of the problem and need to go too.

or at least explain that Ken isn't getting another AFL coaching job so why not get used to adulting right here

And 2019.
Fwiw, this idea that Houston wants midfield minutes is a furphy. Has nothing to do with why he wants to go to Victoria.
That's it besides why would he want midfield minutes after being a back to back All Australian in defense.

This talk about the players who would leave when Hinkley goes is sickening. It seems to happen every time a coach leave. This preemptive crystal ball gazing of who would almost certainly leave when a senior coach goes.

I remember Boak talking about how on board he was with Primus. Then when Primus went he still signed on for 2 more years before the eventual head coach (Hinkley) was even appointed.

Players openly support their coaches pretty much until the day they walk out the door. They also openly appreciate what they have done for them. However they rarely make decisions about whether to leave or not at that point. They at least have the nous to wait and see who the new coach is going to be and what ideas and strategy they are going to be bring with them.

P.S. Besides, does anyone really think Ken is going to get another senior gig? A stubborn old caffeine soda swilling Uncle Fester who couldn't coach a team to win finals in 12 years???

And don't underestimate the bond between players. Butters loves playing with Rozee, and why would he not want to spend the next several years playing with he and JHF?

West Coast wouldn't lose sleep over not playing for 3 years or just scraping in.

Ken has winning seasons.

Ferryman wants midfield minutes
So does Houston
It doesn't make sense.

Houston doesn't have it at stoppages unless you want a guy blinding kicking out of it.

Perryman thinking he's going to walk into a midfield of Rozee and Butters, duall AA, the Hornet possible GOAT, Wines a Brownlow medalist and Drew an excellent tagger is borderline crazy. Perhaps at the end of the rotation at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back