List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit sick of stinkers bringing in so many b-c graders all the time. It’s always better to draft juniors and train them for spots than trying to plug holes with rejects. Seems like a shortcut which will put others nose out of joint

I used to have a boss who did something similar. Hang a carrot in your face in terms of a big promotion & pay rise. So everyone would work their asses off to win the promotion. Then he would make a captains call & hand the new role to a ring in. Someone he had headhunted from another firm. This someone had less experience & skill than many long term loyal employees who had done the hard yards.

So good long term employees would get pissed off & leave or pretend to work. I left for this reason & got the promotion/ pay rise I was after just by jumping ship. And my new boss backed me to the hilt because it was his personal call.

It’s the same story with your home loan, internet, phone deal. Loyal customers get shafted. New customers get a better deal.

Suspect this is why Houston is jumping ship & why Visentini, butters will follow. Imagine being Houston, 2x AA gun, and you hear the club will bring in Perryman & pay him more & give him a better contract when you know you are the better player and more deserving?

Ps my old boss overlooked loyal staff & handed another big promotion to a con artist he had met through his church who proceeded to scam him out of a substantial amount of $$$
Clients heard of his mismanagement so bailed, loyal staff bailed & 4 senior employees demanded to be made senior partners with full voting rights, then proceeded to fire the boss whose name still graces the company

I can see Hinkley going the same way. These poor management decisions are normally a result of someone having too much power and being in a senior position for too long without proper review

Bit sick of stinkers bringing in so many b-c graders all the time. It’s always better to draft juniors and train them for spots than trying to plug holes with rejects. Seems like a shortcut which will put others nose out of joint

I used to have a boss who did something similar. Hang a carrot in your face in terms of a big promotion & pay rise. So everyone would work their asses off to win the promotion. Then he would make a captains call & hand the new role to a ring in. Someone he had headhunted from another firm. This someone had less experience & skill than many long term loyal employees who had done the hard yards.

So good long term employees would get pissed off & leave or pretend to work. I left for this reason & got the promotion/ pay rise I was after just by jumping ship. And my new boss backed me to the hilt because it was his personal call.

It’s the same story with your home loan, internet, phone deal. Loyal customers get shafted. New customers get a better deal.

Suspect this is why Houston is jumping ship & why Visentini, butters will follow. Imagine being Houston, 2x AA gun, and you hear the club will bring in Perryman & pay him more & give him a better contract when you know you are the better player and more deserving?

Free Agent money is a fact of life. Josh Battle is on 950k with the Hawks.

Re any player wanting to leave the club when kern (hopefully) gets the long overdue rissole, I suspect most if not all of the Magpie players who made the club's first Power list would have absolutely revered Jack Cahill and I'm not aware of any of them spitting the dummy when he was replaced by Choco, and I doubt it would happen with anyone on the current list who we want to keep either.

Different time and vastly different situation with another absolutely revered coach in Fos Williams when Cahill replaced him for the 1974 sanfl season, but it was a very minor exodus with only 2 required players in Ray Hayes and Kevin Beswick following Fos to Westies.

Jase Burgoyne is younger and better than Cumming. Average footballer.
Bunch of people disliking this comment who apparently don't have memories that extend beyond last weekend.

It doesn't make sense.

Houston doesn't have it at stoppages unless you want a guy blinding kicking out of it.

Perryman thinking he's going to walk into a midfield of Rozee and Butters, duall AA, the Hornet possible GOAT, Wines a Brownlow medalist and Drew an excellent tagger is borderline crazy. Perhaps at the end of the rotation at best.
come on, that is ridiculous.

But yeah perryman i doubt wants more mid minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cut deeply into the flakey flankers on the list, and don't trade for any, and tell Parker not to draft any.

If Geelong get Bailey Smith, what is the point of us being in this comp. Will they ever fall off the cliff?

If Geelong get Bailey Smith, what is the point of us being in this comp. Will they ever fall off the cliff?
We have to lift our game, travel time to Melbourne almost the same, lifestyle opportunities similar also

cut deeply into the flakey flankers on the list, and don't trade for any, and tell Parker not to draft any.
Who are the flakey flankers? Sinn, L.Evans, Burton, F.Evans, Narkle, Lorenz, Jones, Byrne-Jones, Marshall, Rozee, Burgoyne, Houston, Farrell, SPP, Finlayson, Bergman, Georgiadies, Tommy A, Charleson and McCallum?

Who are the flakey flankers? Sinn, L.Evans, Burton, F.Evans, Narkle, Lorenz, Jones, Byrne-Jones, Marshall, Rozee, Burgoyne, Houston, Farrell, SPP, Finlayson, Bergman, Georgiadies, Tommy A, Charleson and McCallum?
Most if those you named. Not the last 3 they havent played AFL apart from Lorenz has had almost 2 quarters.

SPP ain'. Look at his thread and what I wrote about him last night.

Look at the last 4 finals, and the big losses and who hasnt delivered in them compared to easy home and away ganes.

Most if those you named. Not the last 3 they havent played AFL apart from Lorenz has had almost 2 quarters.

SPP ain'. Look at his thread and what I wrote about him last night.

Look at the last 4 finals, and the big losses and who hasnt delivered in them compared to easy home and away ganes.
No wasn’t an attack, but with the picks we have had late the risk vs reward of drafting a dud flanker or a high upside flanker that moves to a midfielder. We remeber the successes, not the failures.

No wasn’t an attack, but with the picks we have had late the risk vs reward of drafting a dud flanker or a high upside flanker that moves to a midfielder. We remeber the successes, not the failures.
We have to pick up Kobe Ryan , 20 yrs old and 3rd in the Magarey. Surely would be better than some of those guys who put up the white flag last week

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back