List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t this Koch grief? The SANfL rules are stifling our young rostered kids development

Koch should keep his trap shut. Hartlett as coach, scrubber top up players, a high performance program that keeps new recruits at high school size and Hinkley not getting games into young talent has been the problem.

Too short and too fat to get anywhere near an AFL field as a ruckman.

You said yesterday you have never even seen him. He's not Sam Baulderstone, he's a powerfully built guy who could get to a suitable AFL playing weight in an off-season.

You said yesterday you have never even seen him. He's not Sam Baulderstone, he's a powerfully built guy who could get to a suitable AFL playing weight in an off-season.
Can he also grow a couple of inches? He's shorter than Tom Scully, and the same height as Todd Marshall and Ollie Lord.

I don't think he's Sam Baulderstone. I do think he's Keegan Brooksby.

Can he also grow a couple of inches?

I don't think he's Sam Baulderstone. I do think he's Keegan Brooksby.

You have him on the list as third in line only if we offload Soldo.

We're only ever going to play one genuine ruck in the AFL side so we would have a ruck injury crisis for him to get a game.

He also then provides great leadership and big physical presence to our sanfl side in the meantime.

He's not a 191cm ruck like Ryan O'Connor and he's just won a Magarey Medal, so he can play.

We are absolutely short of small role players, across the wings, forwardline and backline, who can also go in the middle and have some impact from time to time. This is a coaching decision, and also we lack the cattle to do it.

SPP is the only one that can actually play his role well, and then get in the middle and have an impact. We lost Amon, but he wasn’t too bad. And Bergman should get some midfield time, but we have been too desperate to have him full time in the d50.

Perryman can lock down a wing or half back and play it well, and could have a crack in the middle. If at half back, he and Bergman could share a position, and then play in the centre square for the other time. This would allow Rozee/JHF and Butters forward more, and you’d get a greater team output with this, over playing Mead who struggles in any other position than around the ball. It would also make us more resilient if one of our full time mids goes down. I reckon it’d help in keeping Bergman long term too.

it’s why Wanganeen Milera or Kozzie are so appealing to us.
I have no issue with Perryman taking over Houston's role if he leaves or as a medium forward but to pick him up so can play midfield minutes is suboptimal. I like that he's versatile and can play anywhere but if he purely wants midfield minutes, I don't see it.

We have a pretty good lot of medium defenders but we have major problems at small and medium forward.

Bring on Wanganeen-Milera or Choppy Jr. They're just awesome but Choppy Jr would fill a need like a Swedish cheerleader.

Sam Edmund on the SEN Trade Bell thinks theres a long line for Houston. St Kilda throwing a lucrative deal at him, Carlton very keen but not wanting to lose their pick 11. He is summising that if its Carlton they will be loking to move a future first to richmond (who will want to spread their first rounders across 24/25) for one of the picks they obtain and using that as the centre of the deal with Port.

Sam Edmund on the SEN Trade Bell thinks theres a long line for Houston. St Kilda throwing a lucrative deal at him, Carlton very keen but not wanting to lose their pick 11. He is summising that if its Carlton they will be loking to move a future first to richmond (who will want to spread their first rounders across 24/25) for one of the picks they obtain and using that as the centre of the deal with Port.

Would have thought with Campo F/S Carlton be happy to offload their 1st. That's going to end up being around the mark Campo gets a bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a start but the asking price is two x first round picks, so what else will they offer?

We're not taking Fantasia back ;)

The insipid qualifying final performance just highlights how much we need Perryman. We must add toughness to this group. Butters, Rozee, Boak, Burgoyne, Marshall and a host of others won't get stronger in the contest through organic growth.

What we need is SPP.

If we are going with this insepid forward press we would almost get away with it with SPP playing. Would have made a massive difference.

I expect us to go a step or two back to go a few steps forward over the next few years.

It's a pity because if Carr is coach he will get a bollocking from the media, but I hope he will get games into guys like Lorenz, Anastasopoulos, possibly jackson/Scully if the club sees a future for them, and any new recruits.

Every year under Hinkley when we get injuries at the business end of the year, we have so few players we could trust in AFL games because they don't get some decent footy into them.
Why didn't we trial Lorenz or Anastasopoulos this season. Surely they could of offered us the same imput as Mac N Cheese or Frank the tank if not more

I would love Houston to go to Richmond as they might have a plethora of picks to get into.

I reckon we could get something around the worth of Taranto, hopefully a little bit north of that. I think that's realistic.
In isolation, considering age as well, you'd probably pay more for Taranto than Houston.

But it's certainly in our favour that Houston is open to a number of clubs and letting competition drive his price up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back