List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be putting a deal in front of Butters and Bergman in this off-season. Bergman even sooner to see if he has any intention of staying beyond next year. Butters, JHF, Bergman, Rozee and Georgiades should be the top 5 earners at the club and I'd be making sure of that this offseason if I were in the list management team. Would be irresponsible if we've held no dialogue with those 2 about an extension

Sam Edmund on SEN saying Perryman now likely to leave GWS, Port at the front of the queue. While he was talking to Whateley, one of their rumour callers said Perryman to Port, 5 year deal. That seemed to convince them.

Take it with however much salt you want.

You must be living in 2022 when Mattaes was drafted to be the next bont. Hasn’t worked out.

The same way jones hasn’t worked out for us and isn’t worth near the pick 16 he was bid on.

I was clear in my post saints / saint fans don’t have to want that trade , but the only reason we should toss aside a contracted ruckman and risk a year with sweet / barely tried vis as our rucks is for a pretty damn good offer.

We should absolutely hold soldo unless the offer is too good, not because soldo is awesome or what not, but because our ruck situation isn’t exactly safe and Ivan is contracted.
Todd needed to be gifted games because tall forwards need time to develop. However lets write off the inexperienced Lachie and Mattaes years before they even reach their athletic peak and in Lachie's case before he can even get his body right for an uninterrupted season.

While there is truth that tall players often take longer to mature physically and adapt to the demands of AFL your bias shows and you can't have it both ways. I am not even going to start a list of relatively shorter players who have come good after the age of 22 after looking ordinary early in their careers.

I do agree re Soldo. While Sweet by and large has made the most of his opportunities Soldo looked the goods until his injury this year. Its Soldo's durability that is the concern but I am not eager to trade him and get in a project ruck and in the process betting that Sweet and Dante are going to be able to carry the ruck in time for the next couple of seasons. I do understand the desire to get into this years draft but is it worth it to take a huge bet on our ruck stocks?

Todd needed to be gifted games because tall forwards need time to develop. However lets write off the inexperienced Lachie and Mattaes years before they even reach their athletic peak and in Lachie's case before he can even get his body right for an uninterrupted season.

While there is truth that tall players often take longer to mature physically and adapt to the demands of AFL your bias shows and you can't have it both ways. I am not even going to start a list of relatively shorter players who have come good after the age of 22 after looking ordinary early in their careers.

I do agree re Soldo. While Sweet by and large has made the most of his opportunities Soldo looked the goods until his injury this year. Its Soldo's durability that is the concern but I am not eager to trade him and get in a project ruck and in the process betting that Sweet and Dante are going to be able to carry the ruck in time for the next couple of seasons. I do understand the desire to get into this years draft but is it worth it to take a huge bet on our ruck stocks?

I'd think 2025 Dante's time is now. what will he be 22, ready to rock and roll

Make of this what you will

One of my sister's patients is a Port Assistant Coaches Mum (not sure who) and she can't disclose her name. She works in Melbourne.

Apparently she was told by her
  • Ken will be coaching a WA team next year (WCE)
  • "Port's manager" has already signed a contract with a Victorian team for next year
    • I think she is referring to Chris Davies who was approached by Collingwood

Houston and North is a good fit. Sheezel and McKercher are not half backs- they are midfielders doing an apprenticeship at half back. Houston is a massive upgrade on Fisher. Clarkson loves good kicking defenders.

Whatever the trade, we need two things:

1. Enough draft capital to satisfy Gold Coast for Lukosius;

2. A first round pick we can use to satisfy the AFL rules and have flexibility in future trades.

The shorthand for the above is two first rounders.

I'd think 2025 Dante's time is now. what will he be 22, ready to rock and roll
The ruck rules have again been changed to suit crash and bash rucks. Frustratingly these days we don't know how much Dante weighs by judging by appearances he is going to need another year or two in the gym before matching it with the best big boys. Few variables to consider...how good he is around the ground etc.

Houston and North is a good fit. Sheezel and McKercher are not half backs- they are midfielders doing an apprenticeship at half back. Houston is a massive upgrade on Fisher. Clarkson loves good kicking defenders.

Whatever the trade, we need two things:

1. Enough draft capital to satisfy Gold Coast for Lukosius;

2. A first round pick we can use to satisfy the AFL rules and have flexibility in future trades.

The shorthand for the above is two first rounders.
It might not be a good fit for Houston who will have the last word on where he goes lol. A player in my late twenties I would hate to play my best footy in a team that is likely to meander out of the top eight for the next couple of years when there are more competitive teams seeking my services.

Last edited:
The ruck rules have again been changed to suit crash and bash rucks. Frustratingly these days we don't know how much Dante weighs by judging by appearances he is going to need another year or two in the gym before matching it with the best big boys. Few variables to consider...how good he is around the ground etc.

Dante is coming along in leaps and bounds physically. Pre-season he's ready to go.

He's the best Ruck we have now but the least experienced. His around the ground work will come with experience. It's annoying running out of games for him to play right now because going on previous experience he's a very quick learner.

One of my sister's patients is a Port Assistant Coaches Mum (not sure who) and she can't disclose her name. She works in Melbourne.

• "Port's manager" has already signed a contract with a Victorian team for next year

Lets Go Spinning GIF by CLAVVS

Lloyd Meek should be Dante's benchmark for size. Ok maybe not that big but that's the sort of size you have to be to compete now.

He is young, so has more physical development to come. he polled ok for the usual ruck in the sanfl (Boyd had a freak year) so his around the ground work is getting the umpire's attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Fremantle still need a new coach. Peter Sumich turned them down.

Sam Edmund on SEN saying Perryman now likely to leave GWS, Port at the front of the queue. While he was talking to Whateley, one of their rumour callers said Perryman to Port, 5 year deal. That seemed to convince them.

Port are offering 6 years. GWS 5 with a trigger for a 6th but the trigger is unrealistic.
Hawthorn's offer is lower than Port's.

Perryman was very much invested in Ken during their presentation to him, but I doubt that moves the needle for him if Ken is sacked in the coming days/week.

Port are offering 6 years. GWS 5 with a trigger for a 6th but the trigger is unrealistic.
Hawthorn's offer is lower than Port's.

Perryman was very much invested in Ken during their presentation to him, but I doubt that moves the needle for him if Ken is sacked in the coming days/week.
As in you mean to say if Ken goes he won't come or that Ken's sacking doesn't mean much for him and he'll still arrive?

As in you mean to say if Ken goes he won't come or that Ken's sacking doesn't mean much for him and he'll still arrive?

As in even though he's invested in Ken I don't think Ken's dismissal would suddenly take Port out of the race. They've got the best offer on the table and no one is going to swoop in late.

I'm honestly not sure I say no to Butters for JUH. It's a big risk, we know that Butters can pull out consistent match winning performances and JUH is still a little young to know for sure.

But at the same time how often do you get a crack at a potentially generational key forward?
Tom Boyd, Jack Lukosius, Jonathan Patton and Paddy McCartin were potentially generational key forwards too. 'Potentially generational key forwards' crash and burn all the time.

A bit like the Houston stuff Ford. Lots of smoke and all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back