List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Where would Perryman and Cumming fit. Perryman is nowhere in the same league as Houston, and Farrell, Logan Evans and Bergman are better.

Cumming is more of a midfielder I would have thought, marginally better than Mead. I suppose Travis will eventually be replaced, but is playing better than Cumming.

Richards I don’t know much about other than he doesn’t mark.

I wouldn't mind Isaac Cumming. Had a little brain fade but he comes hard. :musicalnote: Woody in the morning, woody in the evening, woody at anytime :musicalnote::smirk:

Still kinda iffy about Harry Perryman. I didn't really see anything in that game which screams the price tag Port are allegedly offering.

I wouldn't mind Isaac Cumming. Had a little brain fade but he comes hard. :musicalnote: Woody in the morning, woody in the evening, woody at anytime :musicalnote::smirk:

Still kinda iffy about Harry Perryman. I didn't really see anything in that game which screams the price tag Port are allegedly offering.
Perryman is a direct replacement for Boak they are somewhat similar but Perryman doesn't come with Boak's upside from 5-10 years ago. Unfortunately the wage will be higher than Boak.

Perryman is not a direct like for like replacement for Houston - he is more of a lock down defender. Port have trouble with small forwards and he would be very much an asset in this space.

Also extremely well regarded in terms of his on-field leadership. Prior to the contract snafu with GWS, Perryman had been touted as a potential future captain.

Port are offering 6 years. GWS 5 with a trigger for a 6th but the trigger is unrealistic.
Hawthorn's offer is lower than Port's.

Perryman was very much invested in Ken during their presentation to him, but I doubt that moves the needle for him if Ken is sacked in the coming days/week.
Can anyone explain please how crows are keeping players like Rankine on 2 years deal with average salary of 800k mark ? We offered 5 or 6 years deal to Rat or Perrman .

Can anyone explain please how crows are keeping players like Rankine on 2 years deal with average salary of 800k mark ? We offered 5 or 6 years deal to Rat or Perrman .
Rankines contract was really a 5 year deal. The 3 year extension kicked in after meeting the triggers in his contract after year 2.

Perryman won 1:1 marking contest with Cam Rayner last night and you can't do that without being pretty damn good.

He does everything well without being elite.

He is a respectable 10-12 in terms of list rankings in a top 4 side.
Watched the pre-game and Rayner said he was expecting a matchup with Perryman. 2 touches to half time, then went into the midfield a bit. No touches inside 50

Rubbish, Perryman is a very good and consistent lockdown defender. For UFAs you need to go above the market price to take them away from their club. Sure he's not a ball user but with LEvans, Sinn and Farrell we're good. Even Lachie Jones sometimes with his aggressive kicking can deliver the ball to advantage.

I'm less sold on Isaac Cumming. His injury record is a worry. Good enough to replace Boak next year but given he's a UFA I don't really mind.

Joe Richards is better than Narkle, McEntee and FEvans. We were deeply interested in his draft year and no surprise we are again. His workrate is elite (check out Telstra Tracker numbers) and imo Collingwood have used him more as a high half forward but he's better closer to goal.

Also as an aside, Port need to be strict on getting a top 10 pick for Houston in this year's draft + F1 or whatever else. But top 10 is a must. In fact, I'd say top 7 but I'm being a touch conservative.

We already know Ashcroft will be top 5, Battle might be pick 8. That'd push a top 10 pick back 2 spots.

There could be a bid for Lombard Sam Marshall in top 15, could be a first round compo for Perryman given its a big offer. If we get a pick 15, that'll end up at 20 which is a terrible outcome for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-Houston for Carlton’s 24 and 25 First
-Use Carltons first this year plus pick up Barrett, Burgoyne, Montgomery etc.
-Trade Carlton’s 25 first (Or ours) to GC For Luko to pair up with Georgi
-Late pick for Richards
-Cumming and Perryman as FAs
Don't we also have a second round pick this year?

-Houston for Carlton’s 24 and 25 First
-Use Carltons first this year plus pick up Barrett, Burgoyne, Montgomery etc.
-Trade Carlton’s 25 first (Or ours) to GC For Luko to pair up with Georgi
-Late pick for Richards
-Cumming and Perryman as FAs
That is not even close to being enough from Carlton for Houston. Two picks in the teens, with the second one a big chance of being very late in the teens. I would not be betting on Carlton doing poor next year that is for sure.

Perryman is not a direct like for like replacement for Houston - he is more of a lock down defender. Port have trouble with small forwards and he would be very much an asset in this space.

Also extremely well regarded in terms of his on-field leadership. Prior to the contract snafu with GWS, Perryman had been touted as a potential future captain.
Happy to get him as a UFA for zilch if he's any good as a lock down type - who we don't have on our current list
Unobtrusive, unspectacular average kinda player, but if he cann do a job where we are deficient, then it's ok.

Never seen Cumming do anything in matches I've seen, so pass on that.

Richards for a late pick is fine. Got genuine pace and knows where the goals are.

Happy to get him as a UFA for zilch if he's any good as a lock down type - who we don't have on our current list
Unobtrusive, unspectacular average kinda player, but if he cann do a job where we are deficient, then it's ok.

Richards for a late pick is fine. Got genuine pace and knows where the goals are.
Cummings had a pretty good game on the weekend

Yes.
The Crows have offered Luko a 6 year contract.
I think we actually have to make him the number 1 priority this off season now with everything that is happening with Marshall. It’s not often a kpf, even with his supposed issues in game style falls into your lap.

I think we actually have to make him the number 1 priority this off season now with everything that is happening with Marshall. It’s not often a kpf, even with his supposed issues in game style falls into your lap.
If being guaranteed a key forward role is a priority for him then we are a much better fit than the crows, where he would be third banana at best

I saw Cumming with a steam roller tackle on the weekend and thought yep he'll do.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If being guaranteed a key forward role is a priority for him then we are a much better fit than the crows, where he would be third banana at best

If you're offered a six year contract by the crows, your first thought should be, That's six years with ... the crows

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

Not sure Luko is built for Finals footy, which is based upon repeated contests & 1% gut churning efforts. It becomes a real risk when the margins in September between winning & losing are often so small. I just think 6 years on a big money contract is not worth it.

I think Chewy said Perryman is highly regarded internally for his leadership attributes. These are the assists we should be prioritising and spending the cash on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back