List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

We deffs need a key forward though.

Georgiades is our best key forward.
Dixon and Marshall are finished.
Visentini and Soldo are rucks.
Ratugolea isn't a goal kicker.
Lord has been shocking.
Based on comments in the past here I guess the club will give up on Scully before he gets a chance.

Finlayson really needs to click if we can't land one.

Not sure Luko is built for Finals footy, which is based upon repeated contests & 1% gut churning efforts. It becomes a real risk when the margins in September between winning & losing are often so small. I just think 6 years on a big money contract is not worth it.

I think Chewy said Perryman is highly regarded internally for his leadership attributes. These are the assists we should be prioritising and spending the cash on.
I think if we lose Marshall due to retirement, then Luko is a no-brainer, otherwise I'd pursue him but not at huge cost.

Even if Marshall plays on you can basically be assured he will miss a bunch of games with concussion or injury. So we are relying on Finlayson to play that role himself - and given he was only given a 1 year contract I'm assuming the club don't have a huge amount of faith in him to perform consistently next year.

The obvious needs for our list are:
  • crumbing small forward (mostly due to Rioli's age)
  • Key defender (AA is 30 now, but one injury to BZT or AA forces us to play Ratugolea as a KPD) - I don't see Marshall of McCallum making the grade, perhaps Walsh but it'd be a bit of a gamble
  • Contested marking key forward (to upgrade on Ratugolea) - Lord and Scully have shown glimpses but wouldn't want to rely on them playing regular gamesJoe Richards will be good for redundancy, and maybe even work to becoming best 22
  • Cover for Marshall/Finlayson
Targeting a Lemmey/Taberner will give us some redundancy in the key forward spot. Joe Richards provides that the small forward spot. Haven't heard a peep of us getting cover for a KPD spot, but given we are seemingly ok with off-loading Clurey you'd have to think they have a plan.

To me how much difference in playing type is Finny and Luko?

Both about the same height? Both inconsistent, isn’t it a great upgrade is what I’m asking?

Both about the same height? Both inconsistent, isn’t it a great upgrade is what I’m asking?
Huge difference in talent, Luko still yound and would be top 3 best kicks for goal and elite field passer. good loose man late in games

They're only similar in that neither is a contested marking threat. Finlayson is probably better contested around the ground, while Luko is a better kick and more reliable on the outside. So Luko could be a viable HFF or winger, whereas Finlayson can really only shift into the ruck.

They're only similar in that neither is a contested marking threat. Finlayson is probably better contested around the ground, while Luko is a better kick and more reliable on the outside. So Luko could be a viable HFF or winger, whereas Finlayson can really only shift into the ruck.
Finlayson is not a good 2nd ruck. We need to get that concept out of our minds. He is horrible in there.

When a young forward has a couple of poor games people here are insanely quick on the "should never pull on the Port Guernsey again" nonsense. You can't bemoan the lack of development and go hard at young forwards who haven't found their feet. It's not like Dixon, Marshall or Rat have been kicking bags. I'd rather load games into a Lord or Scully than get maybe a goal more from blokes half out the door.

When a young forward has a couple of poor games people here are insanely quick on the "should never pull on the Port Guernsey again" nonsense. You can't bemoan the lack of development and go hard at young forwards who haven't found their feet. It's not like Dixon, Marshall or Rat have been kicking bags. I'd rather load games into a Lord or Scully than get maybe a goal more from blokes half out the door.
They may well play on another level with AFL quality and quantity of inside 50's

This may also be dependent on having an AFL quality physique

If you're talking about this Friday, then nah I'll absolutely take the extra goal - it's a prelim, we need the absolute best team on the park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seasons been a complete write off for Lord, I fully expect him to come back a completely different player next year given a clean bill of health.

Didn't expect Young to get dropped - we'd be silly not to make a decent offer as a DFA, but suspect there may be other clubs who could promise a best 22 spot which I probably wouldn't be inclined to do.

Didn't expect Young to get dropped - we'd be silly not to make a decent offer as a DFA, but suspect there may be other clubs who could promise a best 22 spot which I probably wouldn't be inclined to do.

Young is contracted though so we would need to trade for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lewis Young 201cm defender originally from Sturt and age 26 at the end of the year. Has played 58 games of AFL which is a lot more than McCallum & Kyle Marshall and is in better condition than McKenzie.

it’s not Marshall’s (who I expect we would cutting regardless) spot on the list he would be replacing , it’s McKenzie / clurey .

I’m not sure there’s any places he’s remotely a lock to be best 22.

Young is contracted though so we would need to trade for him.

If theyve told him to look elsewhere there’s no way they’re expecting anything for him. He would be a token pick, just like us and clurey.

I wouldn’t even be that fussed about adding him, I think he’s likely found his level and there’s a reason Carlton are letting him go. The only reason for us to take him would be cause we might be losing 3/4 kpps in one off season (Dixon , McKenzie clurey and possibly Todd) and another ready player as depth might be handy.

Young’s ok. Assuming McKenzie retires and Clurey is at West Coast then it probably depends on how we plan to deploy Ratugolea next year - every chance he’s our reserve tall defender, with Welsh developing.

If theyve told him to look elsewhere there’s no way they’re expecting anything for him. He would be a token pick, just like us and clurey.

I don’t buy that completely, Lukos been told similar and GC will still be wanting a solid pick back.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back