List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Aren't Lemmey and Scully the same age?

And we're still persisting with trying Scully as a forward, while Carlton have already pulled the "maybe you should try being a defender" move with Lemmey.

Lemmey was born in January 2004, Scully in November 2004. Nearly a year gap.

Let the Klowns have Lukosius, we have enough flakey KPPs on our list.

Happy for the club to participate in a bidding war to inflate his trade value though.

I'm comfortably in the other camp so long as the trade cost is suitable.

Dixon all but done, Marshall in all sorts of doubt, Finlayson I suspect will have a lot of other things going on next year and is at an age where he isnt the long term option. Scully hasnt tasted AFL yet and Lord had a letdown year after last year. 40 goals in 23, out of favour with Hardwick.

I would go after Lukosius, he can play at the highest level.

We already have Scully, we don't need Lemmey.

Give Scully a rocket sure, but he showed a lot as a back up ruckman and could be an ideal fit in our forward line.

We really should take Jack Martin as a delisted free agent

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

People talk about getting Lemmey but he's just a year older version of Scully. Same queries in his draft year about competitiveness and consistency.

Then throw in Lukosius if we are into him ... how many of those types do you want in key positions?
Lemmey is way more athletic than Scully.

I don't think he is a big upgrade, but I can see Lemmey being an AFL footballer in the right environment. I don't see it with Scully, feels like Sam Hayes mark 2 where you spend years waiting for him to build an AFL tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cumming definitely coming here you would think. If it was Crows, it would have been announced in that same statement, not just wanting to go to SA. Big news if true. If we can land both Cumming and Perryman, our overall level of best 22 raises dramatically.

Absolutely. It’s very hard to seriously contend if players 23-30 on your list aren’t capable of stepping up when required. You could argue that those list spots are probably the hardest to manage & fill.

Lemmey was born in January 2004, Scully in November 2004. Nearly a year gap.
Bit silly to be arguing over a 10 month age gap. They're both pretty much the same age and were drafted the same year.

I'd probably have Lemmey slightly ahead of Scully mostly based on ability to read the flight and compete in the air. Neither are certainties to make it though, so why not have both on the list next year and see who looks most likely by end 2025?

Bit silly to be arguing over a 10 month age gap. They're both pretty much the same age and were drafted the same year.

I'd probably have Lemmey slightly ahead of Scully mostly based on ability to read the flight and compete in the air. Neither are certainties to make it though, so why not have both on the list next year and see who looks most likely by end 2025?

Reading the flight and competing in the air is literally lemmeys weakness and arguably scullys strength. Lemmey is super quick off the mark, or at least was as a junior but doesn’t know how to play football.

Cumming would be a great pickup for the wing position. Happy to leave Burgoyne as a small defender for a bit after his game on the weekend. Not sure we can fit both cumming and perryman in though. Lukosious should be the priority.
Of course we can fit both.

It is not often you get the chance to add 2 very good Free Agents at the same time. Both players would cost a decent amount to trade for, so getting both and losing nothing in return is huge.

Reading the flight and competing in the air is literally lemmeys weakness and arguably scullys strength. Lemmey is super quick off the mark, or at least was as a junior but doesn’t know how to play football.
Scully has averaged 2.8 marks per game this year, Lemmey averaged 4.4 over his last 12 games when shifted back to KPF.

For sure, Scully has more scope to be that wrestling key forward and win 1 on 1 contested situations, but Lemmey's marking ability in general (i.e. leading patterns, ability to get separation, marking high/out in front) is better than Scully's.

Scully has averaged 2.8 marks per game this year, Lemmey averaged 4.4 over his last 12 games when shifted back to KPF.

For sure, Scully has more scope to be that wrestling key forward and win 1 on 1 contested situations, but Lemmey's marking ability in general (i.e. leading patterns, ability to get separation, marking high/out in front) is better than Scully's.
If Marshall and Dixon retire at the end of the year, Kyle Marshall is delisted and we don’t manage to net a first that will land a top tier KPF, and Clurey is off to Weat Coast. We have only have Scully, Georgiadies and Lord (Finlayson isn’t a Key Forward) as Key Forwards and Walsh as a Key Back, you would entertain the though of Lemmy as cover at either end of the ground.

But he isn’t part of the Houston Deal or a substitute for a First Rounder.

Cumming definitely coming here you would think. If it was Crows, it would have been announced in that same statement, not just wanting to go to SA. Big news if true. If we can land both Cumming and Perryman, our overall level of best 22 raises dramatically.

I assume 'South Australia' means 'Port Adelaide, but they're still in the finals race so I won't name them yet'.
Or he wants to start a bidding war between the SA clubs............................

Perryman big yes. He’s super underrated imo.

Cumming is meh. At least he doesn’t cost draft capital but if it means we can’t offer Butters or Bergman as big of an extension to attempt to get them to stay I’m not sure I want him tbh. Just a guy type of player.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back