List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we need Lukosious? Has Jack Watts 2.0 written all over him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
For the same price we paid for Watts, you would probably take him.

You take him if you get him cheap. He's massively over rated though, so the value of trade you'd cough up will be extremely high for his actual benefit/output.

The other problem is he's either a flakey flanker, or he's a full forward, and that is really what Georgie is becoming so on paper they aren't really a complimentary pair. A forward line of Marshall, Georgie and Luko would have us pulling out our hair.

Absolutely, Lukocious>Dixon>Lord>Scully>Pick whatever… if he was in our list right now he would be playing this week. All you want to do is improve your list year on year and this is a early 20’s 6’6 Utility with one of the best kicks in the game.

We get at the right price and get the best out of him, he changes our next 8 years.

Absolutely, Lukocious>Dixon>Lord>Scully>Pick whatever… if he was in our list right now he would be playing this week. All you want to do is improve your list year on year and this is a early 20’s 6’6 Utility with one of the best kicks in the game.

We get at the right price and get the best out of him, he changes our next 8 years.
Totally agree

He may well might be on the Sack Hinkley train and be waiting to see if he gets sacked first.
What rubbish, Ken is not being sacked. Luko has to first advise the Gold Coast he wants out.

The best we can hope for Ken is they do not extend his contract next year but if we win Friday night?

Yeah, right price is the issue I suppose. I can see the Camrys throwing silly coin at him so they can give their supporters a sugar hit to distract from Nicks’ incompetence. (Though same could be said about us..)

I just couldn’t fathom why Luko would pick the Crows right now. Key forward is just not a position they need, not even factoring in the dumpster fire the club has been in the last few years.

Meanwhile he would come to Port and instantly be our #2 forward behind Mitch. He would get to play with his best mate in Rozee and also join a team that is most definitely contending for the next 5 years.
Because Luko provides them with a third tall option that is different from what they have already. Fogarty and Thilthorpe are stay at home forwards - the former leading from the goal square and the latter positioning for contested grabs. Luko can roam up the ground as a link player while also acting a leading forward.

Contrast that to Port, and Luko is basically what we have with Marshall, Finlayson, and to a lesser extent Georgiades. I'd still be keen if Marshall ends up retiring, but otherwise I'd only be interested if we can get him for cheap.

SUNS about to give Max King a max new contract too, so on top of the Mac Andrew megabucks they're definitely gonna need to offload Luko. We should be able to match the Camrys dollar wise, but they've got the better draft hand at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, right price is the issue I suppose. I can see the Camrys throwing silly coin at him so they can give their supporters a sugar hit to distract from Nicks’ incompetence. (Though same could be said about us..)

Stop worrying about what ‘they’ do, remove all bias and ask one question; ‘Is he better than anyone getting a game for us last week or this week, in any role he can possibly play’

The same as Soldo last year, was an upgrade on Lycett, Hayes and Seeet’s exposed form. Get him in.

You really lose all hand at the trade table when you are actively pushing a guy out. If Lukosius wants to come to Port I'd drive a hard bargain.
And they’ve presumably already spent his slice of the cap on Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg plus some big resigning’s. Not to mention they finally lose some of their list concessions.

If Luko commits to us there is almost no offer low enough.

With Dixon finished, Marshall possibly done, a forward line of George, Luko and Scully/Lord is a reasonable balance.
Finlayson plays only if someone is injured.

Apparently Ratkins wants out of Gold Coast.

He'd look OK on the wing for us as a Boak replacement.
images

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back