List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know the difference between following and supporting !?

Simple error - “I’m just not a one eyed ….” (Just for future reference)
Maybe it’s my 35 years straight seasons of playing and coaching (TAC premiership and VFL seniors, including against Box Hill) which has affected my ability to be an ardent supporter. I’m just more objective than most here.

I love football and I follow/support Hawthorn. I just don’t analyse everything through brown and gold coloured glasses.

No doubt each player will have an off-season program, but seeing jai newcombe running 100m sprints and laps around waverley today makes me even more comfortable that this is the bloke to shoulder our next premiership tilt. He wants it.
If I was Sam I would be telling Jai that he can be the best player in the league.

I am talking Oliver, Martin, Neale level good.

He has the physical traits and desire, the club should clear the pathway towards getting this kid a Brownlow medal in the next few years.

If I was Sam I would be telling Jai that he can be the best player in the league.

I am talking Oliver, Martin, Neale level good.

He has the physical traits and desire, the club should clear the pathway towards getting this kid a Brownlow medal in the next few years.
Premiership medal, stuff the Brownlow

Maybe it’s my 35 years straight seasons of playing and coaching (TAC premiership and VFL seniors, including against Box Hill) which has affected my ability to be an ardent supporter. I’m just more objective than most here.

I love football and I follow/support Hawthorn. I just don’t analyse everything through brown and gold coloured glasses.
That must be why Matt Rendell's input through the trade period last year was so valuable. All that high level experience definitely made him an informative and objective commenter, not just a washed up ex-football person who is still convinced their decades expired footy knowledge still means anything.

Totally embarrassed….

For you.

Charlie Cameron, Tom Papley & Toby Greene over the past 4 years.

In the past 2 seasons it’s:

Greene - 2.48 avg
Cameron - 2.38 avg
Breust - 1.83 avg
Papley - 1.78 avg (though he’s played a fair bit of midfield this year)
I only have time to watch the hawks these days, but from the games I have seen, even though the Lions have Daniher & Hipwood, both have spent time on the sidelines and CC is a prime fwd target for them (Grimes sat on him in 2020 QF). Similarly, Greene is the GWS prime fwd target now that J Cameron has gone. Given the Hawk midfield & I50 woes I am almost certain that those other players would be targeted I50 more than Breust which impacts those numbers. Mark Williams was good, but he was also our only fwd target in 04 which helped him kick a lot of goals. I think Breust's crumbing game is the best in the AFL.

Premiership medal, stuff the Brownlow
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

It gives me great joy to learn that Breust's contract has been renewed on the same day that we learn the sad news of Her Majesty's passing. The day Bruest and Gunston depart from this club, whether it's for retirement or another club, this club will never be the same. Few other players in AFL history have given clubs stability in the way that they have. They will leave behind a lasting legacy and exert an influence that no one else can match, just like Her Majesty. The good news is that Punky Magic will be accessible to us for at least an additional two years.

Last edited:

You’ve had some terrible takes this year.

Deciding to rally against Hawthorn supporters who are daring to pump up the tyres of their premiership hero on the Hawthorn board is just another.

You’ve had some terrible takes this year.

Deciding to rally against Hawthorn supporters who are daring to pump up the tyres of their premiership hero on the Hawthorn board is just another.
It’s worst because Breust will and is one of the best small forwards to ever play afl, so to denigrate his worth against the players named is such a bizarre take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s worst because Breust will and is one of the best small forwards to ever play afl, so to denigrate his worth against the players named is such a bizarre take.
But hedgefund is a coaching superstar who knows all.
Don’t question his bulletproof theory on Bruest please. We should be thankful for his insightful take on all things football
😳🤢🤮

Nice one. Go Hawks.

All posts welcome, I'd have thought.

Have fortunately missed all the posts and hoo-hah. Complete waste of thread space and all off topic.

====

Back to List Management discussion... that McStay isn't too bad. I'm sure he's going to Pies, but he's had a few decent games of late.

Big Boy and assuming Titch and Gunston gone, with Amon coming in and us going to the draft, again there are going to be some good paydays next year for quite a few.
If they all go, it will be interesting to see what cheap experience we bring in.

I wouldn’t see us losing all of Hartigan, BigBoy, Tom, Gunner, Shiels from the list without adding at least 2 players in the 27+ age bracket, but I’d need to go see what sort of list spots we will have after the draft.

If they all go, it will be interesting to see what cheap experience we bring in.

I wouldn’t see us losing all of Hartigan, BigBoy, Tom, Gunner, Shiels from the list without adding at least 2 players in the 27+ age bracket, but I’d need to go see what sort of list spots we will have after the draft.
It seems logical for this to happen, will be interesting who we have lined up

Amon is one.
Only other experience we have on the list is:
Breust, JOM, Sicily, Chad, Jars, Frost.
Then it's Hardwick.
You can add some kind of ruck discard.

We'd be the youngest list in the comp should Tom and Gunner depart, which looks like it's happening now.

That must be why Matt Rendell's input through the trade period last year was so valuable. All that high level experience definitely made him an informative and objective commenter, not just a washed up ex-football person who is still convinced their decades expired footy knowledge still means anything.

Terry Wallace does not approve.

Amon is one.
Only other experience we have on the list is:
Breust, JOM, Sicily, Chad, Jars, Frost.
Then it's Hardwick.
You can add some kind of ruck discard.

We'd be the youngest list in the comp should Tom and Gunner depart, which looks like it's happening now.
This is why I reckon Matt Crouch would make sense, even if he only played 10 games in 2023.
We’ll need some suppprt in different of the ground.

This is why I reckon Matt Crouch would make sense, even if he only played 10 games.
Matt Crouch in would be some St Kilda/North level trading (Hanneberry-esque), he doesn’t seem to have great leadership qualities and is very injury prone.

Would rather we get someone like James Harmes who has a bit of mongrel in him as well. Blake Acres also looks on the outer at Freo, we should be all over him. Was one of Freo’s best in the finals and perfect age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back