List Management - Trading and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mostly, but I was thinking of him more playing on smalls than mediums/talls. This is a position we certainly aren't ok in. He's done it well in the past, so I don't see why he wouldn't in the future.
He's only 23 as well, so he's a good age for us.
We're OK on smalls, just not the really mobile ones. I'm not sure Laidler is the answer to that.

Great segment on harf time with Cam Mooney, Tony Schibekki was really intereactive with calls and texts and there was a lot of questions about the dogs in my time in the car. Moons seems to think Fletch will end up a good foil for Jones in years to come and that he is a great package and just needs to develop. He said in the mean time Williams needs to be that foil and do a lot of grunt work so Jones can work closer to goal.

Great segment on harf time with Cam Mooney, Tony Schibekki was really intereactive with calls and texts and there was a lot of questions about the dogs in my time in the car. Moons seems to think Fletch will end up a good foil for Jones in years to come and that he is a great package and just needs to develop. He said in the mean time Williams needs to be that foil and do a lot of grunt work so Jones can work closer to goal.

I am absolutely with the Big Hairy [ ex] Cat here. Surely the set up we should be looking at.

Assuming that Williams will need a game or two before he is match fit though, would it be worth leaving Marko in the 22 and parking him at FF for a week or two, while his self belief might be up. He should draw one opposition tall defender, and can certainly crash a few packs. Any goals he might kick would be a bonus.
That way we are not under pressure to rush Williams back prematurely, given his susceptibility to injury.

Big no to Sam Reid. Don't rate him at all.

Regarding inside midfielders, I'm sure we'll gladly take one if he offers something we don't have. IE- An Inside Midfielder with explosive pace would definitely appeal to us, or one with great skills/versatility. I don't know much about Dunstan, but if the recruiters think he offers us something we need, I'll be happy with him. I'd gladly take Dom Sheed as well if he were available. Matt Crouch is the one we don't want however.

Atm, I have GWS & Melbourne as 100% certainties to finish below us, Gold Coast 50/50 & Saints/Lions small possibilities. Boyd a dead-set certainty to go at #1 to GWS. Don't the Gold Coast have a few compensation picks stored up?

Atm, I have GWS & Melbourne as 100% certainties to finish below us, Gold Coast 50/50 & Saints/Lions small possibilities. Boyd a dead-set certainty to go at #1 to GWS. Don't the Gold Coast have a few compensation picks stored up?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-19/giants-suns-to-activate-picks

Giants have a mid-first round pick this season and Suns have an end of first round selection.

I can't see anyway Boyd doesn't get picked up by GWS and I can't see how we will finish below them. Billings is a guy I liked last year but most seem to rated him between 6-10. Looking forward to watching the championships this season to see how the youngsters look.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-19/giants-suns-to-activate-picks

Giants have a mid-first round pick this season and Suns have an end of first round selection.

I can't see anyway Boyd doesn't get picked up by GWS and I can't see how we will finish below them. Billings is a guy I liked last year but most seem to rated him between 6-10. Looking forward to watching the championships this season to see how the youngsters look.
I haven't seen much of it all and a lot changed over the season last year but my pick of the bunch would be Dunstan. Complete player by those descriptions. Can win it. Can use it. Can kick a goal. I'm in

Yeah from what I've heard Dunstan will be a player. Same goes for Sheed.

Does anyone know if they played in the Championships last year? Because I can't remember ever seeing them.

Of course they did, they just didn't get the ball as much as what the players that got drafted last year
but that is expected and I've the video for AIS vs Europe; linked it to Dannnn and Doggies_Ftw

Theres the first quarter of AIS v Europe

wish I had it for them vs Collingwood VFL
gotta love collingwood bragging about smashing them

and click onto the video to look in the link bar for the other quarters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just having a think about players we might have a look at at the end of the year, what do people think about Jeremy Laidler? Not getting a game for the Blues atm, and has played some good footy in the past.
He's 189cm though, so he sort of fits into the group we already have.
Surplus to needs if Tom youngs around. We need more of a running rebounder.

#2 Port Adelaide – Luke Dunstan (SA –Mid/Fwd)
Height: 184cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 29/01/1995
Recruited from: Woodville-West Torrens
Style: Dustin Martin
Player comparison:
Range: 1-5
Profile: Dunstan is a dominant inside midfielder with a really strong body. Really damaging player who will not only win his own footy every time he goes in for it but then will do big damage with it. Dunstan has very damaging footskills and is a really natural finisher anywhere near goal. Not only is Dunstan an exceptional inside player but he can also swing forward, take a mark and hit the scoreboard when given the opportunity and I expect he will continue to be a very damaging player at the next level.

Thats a write up from KM in his Phantom Draft thread. So while he is labelled as an inside midfielder, sounds like the sort of player Macca would love on the list right now, he also seems to offer some things which our other inside mids don't, besides maybe Stringer who he sounds a lot like.

Imagine having Stringer, Libba and Dunstan in the guts :eek: and then Stringer and Dunstan can go forward and give Wallis and Smith a turn in there, geez I wish I could fast forward a few years.

I'd highly suggest Melbourne take him though, and I'd think they would. Especially if they get a PP :mad:

and this is his write up on Sheed.

#5 Gold Coast – Dominic Sheed (WA – Mid)
Height: 184cm, Weight: 79kg, DOB: 10/03/1995
Recruited from: Subiaco
Style: Scott Pendlebury
Player comparison:
Range: 3-15
Profile: Really high production midfielder with some real class to him. Just uses the footy so well by hand and foot and seems to have more time to use it than the next player. Sheed is more your finesse midfielder who just plays a smart game with good positioning, runs into the right positions to receive it and reads the game really well. Sheed has a good running game and is more of an agile, high motor guy as opposed to a linebreaker. Plenty to like and probably one who should be spoken about more as a high end prospect with the way he has produced.

Sounds a lot like Macrae, more of an agile and smart outside mid rather than a line breaking outside mid. In a perfect world if we take an outside mid I would prefer more of a line breaking one to complement Macrae and our inside mids, like a Griffen clone, but I won't get picky and would be rapt with one of those two :p

It seems Aish isn't as much of a sure thing for pick 1 as I first thought, and it actually is possible for us to get him, depending on who finishes below us and how this year turns out.

Heres his write up for anyone who hasn't seen it.

#1 GWS – James Aish (SA – Mid/Def)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 72kg, DOB: 08/11/1995
Recruited from: Norwood
Style: Trent Cotchin
Player comparison:
Range: 1-3
Profile: Aish is an elite user of the footy and just has more time and space than the next player. In space, in traffic, it doesn’t matter for Aish, he remains composed and never seems rushed. By both hand or foot he consistently uses it well and is one of the more duel sided players you’ll see at this young age. Strong mark overhead for his size and has a strong 1v1 game despite his lean build. Aish is an impressive athlete with an impressive side step and a real burst of speed on him. Still needs to get stronger but that will come. Despite his lean build he is not a soft outside player and is very willing to get his hands dirty and go hard when it’s his turn but is certainly more outside at this stage and likely starts his career on a wing or back flank.

Sounds pretty much ideal.

and this is his write up on Sheed.

Sounds a lot like Macrae, more of an agile and smart outside mid rather than a line breaking outside mid. In a perfect world if we take an outside mid I would prefer more of a line breaking one to complement Macrae and our inside mids, like a Griffen clone, but I won't get picky and would be rapt with one of those two :p

It seems Aish isn't as much of a sure thing for pick 1 as I first thought, and it actually is possible for us to get him, depending on who finishes below us and how this year turns out.

Heres his write up for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Sounds pretty much ideal.

I haven't seen much of Aish but think he compares well to Toumpas of last year and Sheed finds space really well and is damaging with his possesions; he might be able to add more run and carry to his game through the championships so I think either one would be a solid pick for us, Dunstan; every team bar maybe GWS should want a player like him

I'm not as keen on Sheed and Dunstan as some. Billings, Aish, Lennon, Scharenberg and Boyd appeal to me more. I'm especially warming to Scharenberg after watching the AIS Europe replay. Some people have questioned his kicking and decision making however I don't have an issue with it. I can't wait for the championships.

I haven't seen much of Aish but think he compares well to Toumpas of last year and Sheed finds space really well and is damaging with his possesions; he might be able to add more run and carry to his game through the championships so I think either one would be a solid pick for us, Dunstan; every team bar maybe GWS should want a player like him
Yeah, I'm not really sure who GWS would go for early, maybe Boyd I guess because at the moment its only really him or a mid worth taking at pick 1, but they've shown they're not scared to pay a little overs for a player they want, not too sure how Boyd and Patton would go in the same forward line though, but I wouldn't complain :p. Really excited for the champs, going to try to see a lot more footy this year :thumbsu: should be great!

#13 Carlton - Dwayne Wilson (SA – Mid)
Height: 177cm, Weight: 72kg, DOB: 17/01/1995
Recruited from: Sturt
Style: Lewis Jetta
Player comparison:
Range: 10-25
Profile: Wilson is a very damaging outside player who you just want the ball in the hands of. Has some genuine linebreaking pace but then also has the damaging footskills to go with it. Has some penetration on his kick and on a wing any time he gets forward of centre he loves a goal and generally hits the scoreboard really doing some damage. He will need to get stronger and start winning his own ball more but plenty to like.

Would love to find a mid first rounder somewhere (or hope like hell he slips to our second rounder) for Wilson.

I'm not as keen on Sheed and Dunstan as some. Billings, Aish, Lennon, Scharenberg and Boyd appeal to me more. I'm especially warming to Scharenberg after watching the AIS Europe replay. Some people have questioned his kicking and decision making however I don't have an issue with it. I can't wait for the championships.

We just won't get Boyd though because he is going to be the dominate KPF in the draft; no team below us will overlook him and Lennon at our first pick would be a bit high; but I am a real big Scharenberg fan to.

Billings hasn't shifted up into the midfield yet, so I am on the fence about him and didn't really want Dunstan anyhow as he reminds me an awful lot like Clay Smith or Libba.

Sheed, I like more of the more I see him and hope he has a really big championships because not sure we've too many WA boys

Just on Aish, as doggies ftw touched on, we may end up being in a position to get him. If it's only Melbourne and GWS below us, you'd assume they would take guys like Dunstan and Boyd, respectively.
Aish was touted as pick 1 for ages, and is exactly what we need. Might get lucky.

Scharenberg would be real nice to slot off a HBF, I'd say our future backline could be pretty much complete if we got him too. But if we finish as low as expected I think there are better options for us. If we scrape a few wins though he could be an option.

Just on Aish, as doggies ftw touched on, we may end up being in a position to get him. If it's only Melbourne and GWS below us, you'd assume they would take guys like Dunstan and Boyd, respectively.
Aish was touted as pick 1 for ages, and is exactly what we need. Might get lucky.

Another South Aussie to go with Griff and Coons

But what could Aish's nickname possibly be, assuming we get him?
Aish is too short :p

I am absolutely with the Big Hairy [ ex] Cat here. Surely the set up we should be looking at.

Assuming that Williams will need a game or two before he is match fit though, would it be worth leaving Marko in the 22 and parking him at FF for a week or two, while his self belief might be up. He should draw one opposition tall defender, and can certainly crash a few packs. Any goals he might kick would be a bonus.
That way we are not under pressure to rush Williams back prematurely, given his susceptibility to injury.
This idea has merit I think.
With regards to Fletch, this is the ideal outcome in my view. If Jones cements a forward spot as is looking likely, then we have 1 tall spot up for grabs. Jones CHF and Cordy FF and relief ruck is one option. Fletch may prove to be versatile enough for CHF or FF and Jones the same. So we have options. Fletch and Williams can also defend. We need them all fit and developing as required and we've multiple options 2 years hence. Throw in Stringer up forward as well. With Stringer, ideally I see him in the midfield and being a game turning threat while resting up forward. There's no reason why we won't end up with a powerhouse midfield delivering skillfully to a versatile and threatening forward line.
If all of Jones, Cordy, Williams and Fletcher reveal themselves to be forward prospects over the course of this season, the angst over how we get Boyd or any other KPF lessens and the focus can be directed at getting an A grade midfielder with our first pick in draft (which happens to be my preference).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back