List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2012 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you have a read up on Coughlans troubles, never came good after his OP and several other injuries.

I know he never came good (poor phrasing on my part), which is a massive shame because he was quality.
But richmond basically persisted with him until he broke down completely didn't they?
I'd be happy to persist in a similar fashion, especially considering gumby's latest bout of surgery is said to have cleared up his back and hammie issues.

oh god, they're fixing it.

115940_original.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure you clearly have little idea. If you want to be accurate, he was subbed on in 3 games in his first year (before he had compartment syndrome in his legs, which put him out for the 2nd half of the season) and in those three games kicked 2 goals in each, despite only playing about a quarter of footy in each of those games (after being subbed on at about 3/4 time in each). In the other game he played before his injury, he was subbed on again and kicked another goal, despite very little game time. So at 19yo, only a few months after being diagnosed with diabetes, he played 4 games before injury in his first season and despite only playing about 4-5 quarters of footy in total, from memory, he kicked 7 goals. Not sure how much more you want him to do in a very small amount of game time.

This year he definitely struggled in the first half of the season (not sure how much of a pre-seaosn he had, after the compartment syndrome), but went back to the VFL and played some really good games, getting plenty of the ball and kicking regular goals and came back into our seniors and was much better.

He has serious speed and is damaging with his run and carry and ability to kick goals on the run and with another pre-season under his belt and hopefully more on top of his diabetes, he ought to be ready to play plenty of good footy next year, wherever he plays. He will be especially well suited to the big ground at Subiaco, if he ends up being traded to the west.

Surely your taking the piss??? You have pretty much highlighted my point that he is worth nothing. Can he kick goals......on the run. Geeuzz must have some tricks then I retract my statement because apparently young crips at st kilda can kick goals whislt moving. Very impressive. Just pip down over there before you embarrass yourself.

I heard carlton is interested in gumbleton. If they made an offer you would think a 3rd rounder is the most they'd offer or 4th + fringe player (bower, Davies, Joseph...)

Possibly, more likely possibly an upgrade of picks, those players will do nothing for us. If he is to go, I would be happy for an upgrade of our 3rd rounder to your 2nd rounder. If I were Essendon I would go for the 1st rounder, swap with our 2nd rounder but I think that is overs for Carlton. The reality is the value lies somewhere between those two as KPP's are always paid by premiums. Maybe chuck in something as a sweetener, but regardless Gumby is worth more to Essendon as he is to other clubs. This is one trade that could screw us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back