List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne lose Frawley to FA. Get compo pick 3.
Pass that onto Swans for Tom Mitchell & Malceski (sweetener).

If Melb get pick 3 for Frawley (which I doubt but I admit it is potentially in play) I think something like that could happen. Mitchell is a valuable piece. I think Membrey might come into play there as well though. Mitchell and Membrey as part of the trade and Sydney let Malceski come over as a free agent allowing Sydney pocket the compo pick.

If Melb get pick 3 for Frawley (which I doubt but I admit it is potentially in play) I think something like that could happen. Mitchell is a valuable piece. I think Membrey might come into play there as well though. Mitchell and Membrey as part of the trade and Sydney let Malceski come over as a free agent allowing Sydney pocket the compo pick.

Compo pick will then be diluted and won't be pick 3

That doesn't make any sense as Melbourne would definitely not get pick 3 if they received Malceski as a FA and so they do not have pick 3 to trade to Sydney for Mitchell + loose change.

That doesn't make any sense as Melbourne would definitely not get pick 3 if they received Malceski as a FA and so they do not have pick 3 to trade to Sydney for Mitchell + loose change.

They can trade for Malceski, off-setting the F/A off-set...... :)

He doesn't have to come as a Free Agent.

I would be surprised if Membrey is not involved in a trade. He has shown really good development but is not really suited to the Sydney forward set up nor is he likely to go past the guys they have playing ahead of him. Also Abe Davis will come in this year and he is a very similar type of player. Membrey is not a big trade option but as steak knives he is better than most and could well tip a trade over the edge.

First, as a FA it's not up to Sydney.

Second, getting Malceski as a FA will water down our compensation meaning we definitely won't get pick 3 regardless.

Now if you mean a DFA...

I would be surprised if Membrey is not involved in a trade. He has shown really good development but is not really suited to the Sydney forward set up nor is he likely to go past the guys they have playing ahead of him. Also Abe Davis will come in this year and he is a very similar type of player. Membrey is not a big trade option but as steak knives he is better than most and could well tip a trade over the edge.
I think Goodes will retire and Membrey will take his spot

Just heard a Rumor that the swans are worried about their ruck stocks and are inquiring about Hampson from Richmond ?

The good news is Megan Gale wouldn't have to buy another set of supporter gear as she was already a Swans supporter in the past (along with claiming to be an Eagles and Blues fan at one stage)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good news is Megan Gale wouldn't have to buy another set of supporter gear as she was already a Swans supporter in the past (along with claiming to be an Eagles and Blues fan at one stage)

Might have supported more teams than David Warners girlfriend, but probably not as many sports

If I was Melbourne I would trade Pick 3 if they are fortunate to get it, because we all know they will only **** it up if they choose to draft someone.

Pick 3 for Frawley is ridiculous though, overrated and hasn't played decent football for 2 years.

Looks like another charity case to Melbourne like giving the Scully compo, if the AFL issue this pick.

Wonder how much Port would pay for Day. I don't think he's much good, but he's tall and a high draft pick from 2010. Ports 2nd pick would be fair imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back