List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

It mentioned North AND West Coast as interested in Lumumba, along with Melbourne. Competition for his services can only be good for us.
I don't understand why the Eagles would be interested in La Bumba,didn't really think he was the type of player they needed more of.

It mentioned North AND West Coast as interested in Lumumba, along with Melbourne. Competition for his services can only be good for us.

Michael Gleeson and Jake Nial

Two reporters that know nothing about WCE.

I highly doubt we have interest in him, especially since there's been nothing over west about it.

Exactly,good players. Why are they interested? 2010 Version yes,but if the Eagles wanna push into the 8 next year Haratio's not gonna help IMO

Always depends on the price and how many available spots I suppose. Harry has been an AA and had multiple top five BnF finishes in a time we were playing finals. Plus he knows Brad Scott and Geoff Walsh from when they were at the Pies.

O'Keefe will be an assistant next year at Adelaide.
How can he be an assistant when they dont even have a coach?
The new coach will probably want to select his assistants will he not?

Contrary to media speculation Adelaide's coach search began much earlier then realized. Adelaide spoke to O'Keefe previous to sacking Sanderson. I don't think much has changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contrary to media speculation Adelaide's coach search began much earlier then realized. Adelaide spoke to O'Keefe previous to sacking Sanderson. I don't think much has changed.
You think they already have a senior coach in place?

we would have to part with more than a 2nd for day easily.

as for stanley. im not a fan. he averaged 1 goal and 8 hitouts a game in 2014. i know he is still on the young side but he hasnt been held back by injury , or a lack of opportunity. he just has no game sense.

port has lobbe (ruck) redden (ruck) trengove (197cm defender/ruck) westhoff (198cm forward/flanker/bit part ruck) mason shaw (197cm kf) harvey (197cm kf) and butch (197cm kf)

now i understand port is shallow in depth of genuine rucks after lobbe and redden , and we have a wealth of decentish bit part rucks. i dont see the point in bringing in a ruck unless he is gonna be close to as good a ruck or better than lobbe , or a better forward than shaw would give us next year and not far off of trengove ruck wise.

would be silly to add another into a logjam unless they stand out.

ryder makes sense for port as he is an outstanding 2nd ruck and average but decent forward. ryder would be an upgrade on trengove (who is actually a pretty good 2nd ruck in bursts) and still give us something up forward.

rhys stanley would not be an significant ruck upgrade on trengove , and i dont believe he would be any better up forward than one of our young up and comers mason shaw , butch or harvey would give us.
Isnt bringing Stanley in as a 3rd tall Fwd/2nd ruck allowing to keep Trengove out of the ruck and letting him play permanent backline a good thing?

Or is having Trengove play minor ruck minutes a good thing? I just assumed you were forced to play Trengove in the ruck, and if you could, you would avoid it.

Isnt bringing Stanley in as a 3rd tall Fwd/2nd ruck allowing to keep Trengove out of the ruck and letting him play permanent backline a good thing?

Or is having Trengove play minor ruck minutes a good thing? I just assumed you were forced to play Trengove in the ruck, and if you could, you would avoid it.

well , ideally. but you would want the ruck to be a step up from trengove , and as a forward provide something better than what mason shaw would probably give us next year. im not convinced that stanley is that much better in both positions to be worth throwing a valuable draft pick after. if we were just getting him at little cost it wouldnt matter. but i would hate to sacrifice the potential to improve our list with a good draft pick to bring in someone who has been merely wearing the potential tag thanks to their athleticism for a long time now.

well , ideally. but you would want the ruck to be a step up from trengove , and as a forward provide something better than what mason shaw would probably give us next year. im not convinced that stanley is that much better in both positions to be worth throwing a valuable draft pick after. if we were just getting him at little cost it wouldnt matter. but i would hate to sacrifice the potential to improve our list with a good draft pick to bring in someone who has been merely wearing the potential tag thanks to their athleticism for a long time now.

I agree with you, though I'd love to think we could somehow end up with your pick 17 in exchange for Rhys. He's definitely a better ruck than Trengove but I've never been convinced by his forward play. Not a natural forward, doesn't know where to go to get the ball, and his goalkicking is variable. Overall he's just so inconsistent and unpredictable from week to week, the exact opposite of Riewoldt where we always know what we're going to get. But quite possibly in a good side with good delivery he'll look like a star.

Ryder = great ruckman 4-5 weeks per year
Maric = great ruckman 17 weeks per year
Quite happy with Maric

LOL you are blind mate.
Maric is good, but Ryder is IMO the 3rd best ruck in the comp behind Sandi and Jacobs.

Also how many times have you seen maric kick a goal round the body from 40 out. You should hvae a look at Ryder's 2014 stats if you think he's inconsistent.

LOL you are blind mate.
Maric is good, but Ryder is IMO the 3rd best ruck in the comp behind Sandi and Jacobs.

Also how many times have you seen maric kick a goal round the body from 40 out. You should hvae a look at Ryder's 2014 stats if you think he's inconsistent.
I agree about Ryder, he's a bloody good footballer.

Having said that, if your just going on this year, I'd also have Mummy and Goldstein ahead of Ryder. Ryder 5th best ruck, for mine, in 2014.

Bloody hell, Lobbe/Ryder will be some combo.

I agree about Ryder, he's a bloody good footballer.

Having said that, if your just going on this year, I'd also have Mummy and Goldstein ahead of Ryder. Ryder 5th best ruck, for mine, in 2014.

Bloody hell, Lobbe/Ryder will be some combo.

2nd in hit outs per game
1st in goals for ruckmen (didnt include Hale as he plays majority forward)
2nd in marks for ruckmen
4th in disposals for ruckmen (behind Jacobs, McIntosh and Cox)
Frees hes 38 for and 15 against which is the best ratio of ruckmen

I think he's being underrated by some.

Remove this Banner Ad

List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back