List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dal Santo only 3 years too. You may get band 2 but I would want a 500k contract over 4 just to make sure. I can't believe a club would pay that though.

I don't see him getting that either, especially not with his history of injury. But I thought it was only yearly salary and age that was taken into account, not length of contract? I wish they'd release the formula so we could do our own maths.

I don't see him getting that either, especially not with his history of injury. But I thought it was only yearly salary and age that was taken into account, not length of contract? I wish they'd release the formula so we could do our own maths.

Its also their achievements at their respective clubs eg. BE finishes, AA, Browlows, etc.... from what I believe. Games played also count which is not the best for Higgens

Its also their achievements at their respective clubs eg. BE finishes, AA, Browlows, etc.... from what I believe. Games played also count which is not the best for Higgens

No its not.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

COMPENSATION

A club that has a net loss of players transferring to/from other clubs as free agents in one transfer period is entitled to compensation via National Draft picks allocated by the AFL.

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent.

Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.

Tom Browne has tweeted Blease wants trade to Carlton.

Possibly trade involving Robinson or Garlett perhaps.
Do not want.

Do not need.

Browne didn't tweet that we want Blease.

Don't rate this journo who claimed Robinson ran off and left Garlett alone. That doesn't sound like Mitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not want.

Do not need.

Browne didn't tweet that we want Blease.

Don't rate this journo who claimed Robinson ran off and left Garlett alone. That doesn't sound like Mitch.
He didn't tweet Carlton want Blease. However if he specifically wants to go there one can assume there has been some communication between the two parties.

He didn't tweet Carlton want Blease. However if he specifically wants to go there one can assume there has been some communication between the two parties.
Word of a journo like Jon Ralph and Mark Stevens. The Herald-Sun said the Dogs were chasing Levi just before he re-signed.

One can assume that Blease would want to play anywhere. On the outer at Melbourne.

SB doesn't add the footskills and attributes we need. Even Melbourne fans think he's a poor kick. Don't see him in our best 22.

The Northern Blues can have Blease. They need the talent.

Word of a journo like Jon Ralph and Mark Stevens. The Herald-Sun said the Dogs were chasing Levi just before he re-signed.

One can assume that Blease would want to play anywhere. On the outer at Melbourne.

SB doesn't add the footskills and attributes we need. Even Melbourne fans think he's a poor kick. Don't see him in our best 22.

The Northern Blues can have Blease. They need the talent.
Because Casboult signed doesn't mean dogs weren't chasing him. Anyway I was just passing on a rumour I heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back