Live Chat - Mark LeCras - 3:00pm (WST) Wednesday 18th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys,

So we are going to be having Lecca back to chat with us this week. He is going to be our resident player for these chats - and every other week i will attempt to get another player from the squad to come and join us.

I'm even open to suggestions as to who you would like me to get hold of. Just leave a comment in these threads.

Again - 2x WCE vs GEE Tickets will be up for grabs and given to the best question asked throughout the chat. That doesn't neccasarily need to be a footy question - the boys don't mind it when you take the piss - so feel free to ask anything !

This weeks the chat will be taking place in the "Sports Bar" section of our site .

Questions will be logged from 1:00pm WST & if you cannot make it - then please feel free to post your questions in the thread below from now until the chat.

I'll endeavor to contact a moderator to help me regulate the thread as was suggested.

Any questions or queries - Hit me up !

Schismd

wasnt lecca already on one of them...i cant really remember, i swear he was.

if so, wont he just get the same questions again?

Hey guys,

So we are going to be having Lecca back to chat with us this week. He is going to be our resident player for these chats - and every other week i will attempt to get another player from the squad to come and join us.

I'm even open to suggestions as to who you would like me to get hold of. Just leave a comment in these threads.

Again - 2x WCE vs GEE Tickets will be up for grabs and given to the best question asked throughout the chat. That doesn't neccasarily need to be a footy question - the boys don't mind it when you take the piss - so feel free to ask anything !

This weeks the chat will be taking place in the "Sports Bar" section of our site .

Questions will be logged from 1:00pm WST & if you cannot make it - then please feel free to post your questions in the thread below from now until the chat.

I'll endeavor to contact a moderator to help me regulate the thread as was suggested.

Any questions or queries - Hit me up !

Schismd

Thanks Schismd!
Can you make him promise that we will beat the Cats this Saturday to prove the BS Victorian media that we are NOT bloody tanking?:D
Which is harder for him? Not being able to play or all this negative publicity on the team?

Nice - didn't get in on the last one in time, so keen to ask some pearlers. Signed in as 'davio' - looking forward to it ! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the transcript as promised:

Chat Transcript - Mark LeCras - 18/06/08

Q. how did you pull up from your first game back in the senior team
A. Yeah i feel good. Groins and shoulder feel really good - first time i have felt fresh in a while

Q. how important was having a few games in the WAFL before your return to the team after injury
A. Yeah it was quite important as i needed some game time & it also gave me a chance to become fitter

Q. how does woosha prepare the squad for a game like saturday, where we are massive underdogs - even though we are playing at Subi
A. I think he just prepares us as per normal. He doesn't really put any more emphasis on particular games

Q. Is it true you are the table tennis king of the WCE squad - Hunts put you up as best player
A. It is most definately true

Q. What else do you guys get up to before training and while in at the club
A. Mainly table tennis, pool and some espn

Q. Is it true you guys have strict diets during the season (makes sense i guess) - what does it consist of ? No Hungry Jacks for you guys
A. Yeah we do. No one here has set diet, its is pretty much up to us. Some guys need to be more disciplined than others

Q. What do you do in your spare time during the season
A. I do a bit of fishing. And i tried to surf, not very well but !!

Q. When you guys travel - do you normally room with the same guy? Do you share rooms or do you get one for yaself. If so who do you room with
A. Nah we get our own rooms. Handy for a bit of down time

Q. Obviously you guys aren't allowed to drink during the season - but out of season - what is your favorite drink to sip on.
A. When relaxing i don't mind a corona ;)

Q. What's your favorite movie of all time
A. Endless Summer 2 - can watch it again and again

Q. how do you find the pace of the game when returning to the WAFL - is it a significant drop down compared to AFL standard
A. Yeah obviously there is a siginificant drop in the standard between the two levels. its to be expected

Q. Do you have one team you like beating more than the rest
A. Yeah its obviously good to beat freo :)

Q. Do you follow/play any sports outside of AFL
A. I have been following the NBA lately. But apart from that not really

Q. Favourite Holiday Location
A. Broome

Q. Does all the media talk surrounding tanking have an effect on the squad. Does it get used as inspiration for the upcoming match
A. Nah i don't think many of the boys listen or read to the media

Q. Lecca what current AFL player from another club would you want to have at the Eagles
A. Someone like J. Brown or Buddy

Q. who's the best player in the comp in your perspective
A. At the moment. Buddy - He is the most influential by far

Q.- just wondering if you or any of the other guys have an AFL DreamTeam ? If so - what is your team name ? Being a player, do you have any inside tips for the rest of us
A. Yeah i do ! I am 9-0. My team name is Lecca & my tip is to not get me in your side :p

Q. current Eagles player would you think would make a good coach
A. I reckon Big red or Lynchy (but he would need subtitles)

Q. Do ya have any superstitions when playing or do some of the Eagles players have strange ones
A. Nah i dont have any, but apparently galssy doesnt touch the banner as he runs onto the ground

Q. what's something you can't live without
A. Fishing Rod

Q. ! i hear you're a fan of fishing. do you ever go with hunts? or other team mates
A. yeah i do. I went with James Thompson last time

Q. Lecca! how do you feel about people walking around with your # on their guernseys? Do you think its cool or a bit weird
A. Yeah its cool, but i think its mainly old kempie fans

Q do you like being recongnised as a West Coast Eagles player around Perth, or does it get annoying
A. I dont really get into that kind of stuff, but im also not one to be recognized on the street !

Q. a few of the players have tattoos, how about you
A. Nah i don't. If i was to get one , it would be for something meaningful - im not a patterns man

Q.Whats your most membrable moment on the footy field? And if you were not playing for the eagles which team would ya play for
A. First game and first goal - and id probably be playing A-grade for cervantes (i hope !)

Q. What was your best subject at school
A. Phys-ed - Left school in year 10

Q. is there is a secret to you being so accurate infront of goal? Do you just kick naturally or have you done some work on it
A. I just relax in front of goal

Q. which character do you associate with in Sex And The City
A. Miranda

Q. Do you prefer playing midfield or Forward pocket? I personally think you have Dean Kemp like qualities as a midfielder... do you see yourself playing there
A. Yeah i would like to push up into the midfield, or even half forward - but i dont know about the kempie comparison !

Q. Who do u think will win the grand final
A. Out of Geelong or Hawks i think

Alright guys - we have to leave it there - The boys just had there training pushed forward to 4:00
to save energy believe it or not - so we dont have to use the lights for training

There Ya go guys !

By the way - the winning question was from Barto (That was his name in the chat, so if you're on this board PM me for prize)

Question was: Which current Eagle would make a good coach

Barto wins the two tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Chat - Mark LeCras - 3:00pm (WST) Wednesday 18th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Back