Lloyd Goal of the Year!! WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

he had an unbelievable year and kudos to him

but being the best ff, isnt over one season

I agree, Lloyd career wise is the best forward. At the moment, I would say a few are ahead of him.

watching essendon kick to lloyd is so ****ing frustrating

I can relate - we've always kicked to Fev even when he was triple teamed instead of looking for better options.

Llyod WAS the number one ff in the comp past tenths those days have gone. The game has changed and his not as adapt to it, his supply is not as good and his not a good enough foward to push through it and injury has lessened his output. 3 things that happen to all great player but he is no longer the number 1 ff in the comp

Back to your english homework young fella. :thumbsu:

great goal, but as usual the hate the bias hate for Essendon comes into play.

goal was much harder than people give it credit for, he didn't just back heel it. he grabbed the ball threw it between his legs and back heel drop kicked it through in the middle of a pack with 1 second left in the quarter.

remember that goal as well, now if a goal like that was given goal of the year it would be a travesty...lloyd's - not so much as it was about 50x harder.

:rolleyes:

If youre an unco like Keppler Bradley maybe. For the rest of the civilian population that goal is a piece of piss.

congratulations to Lloyd for a great effort :thumbsu:

everyone can sup on sour grapes if they want. Sure, there are other goals that were good, and possibly subjectively better; but it's just poor form to have a sook.

Congratulations Lloyd

Its not sour grapes. Realistically it shouldnt even have been close to goal of the week at the time. Neon Leon kicked a pearler from the boundary that Friday night. And what do you mean 'possibly' subjectively better?!?!?! Anyone who has ever played footy at any level would have kicked a better goal than that at some opint.

Oh sorry must be that Essendon bias rearing its ugly head again :rolleyes:

It's just that 50 other players kicked a better goal this year.

Come on Dons fans...admit it. It's a joke. You know it as well as the rest of the unbiased football world does.

You'd be saying EXACTLY the same if a Richo or Mooney et al had done the same and won. But of course you'll hide behind the standard "oh we would've accepted the decision blah blah" rubbish.

Wonder if they have accepted the fact that Judd wont be playing for em next year. They still hold onto the off-chance that the other 3 teams fold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, we will still have Winderlich.

I don't quite see why that's so important to you, but that's fine.

Because he is really good. Maybe the 'new' Judd.

Anyway I know what your original point was. That he'd rather play for you guys than West Coast. Whats the point of that if he never does play for you? He did captain us to a flag you know. Its like saying id rather shag Jessica Alba instead of my missus. If it never happens who cares who id rather shag?

Because he is really good. Maybe the 'new' Judd.

Anyway I know what your original point was. That he'd rather play for you guys than West Coast. Whats the point of that if he never does play for you? He did captain us to a flag you know. Its like saying id rather shag Jessica Alba instead of my missus. If it never happens who cares who id rather shag?

Winderlich will be fine, we'll leave it at that.

You're example is a bit off. I'll give you a better one.

Say you were one of 3 candidates for a job. You miss out on the job, however you are told that you were the next best applicant. That way, you at least get to take solace in the fact that you're better than someone.

Actually saw a free kick paid a couple of weeks ago for a "drop kick".

"No, that's incorrect disposal, the ball hit the ground before you kicked it.

I don't think there's actually anything in the rules that prevents a drop kick as a legal form of disposal, it used to be all the rage.

Unfortunately I can't remember who it was that was penalised, but you'd have to be pretty jacked off that you gave away a free kick for a proper version of a drop kick, when a lucky through the legs and back heel one gets goal of the year!!! :confused:

Actually saw a free kick paid a couple of weeks ago for a "drop kick".

"No, that's incorrect disposal, the ball hit the ground before you kicked it.

I don't think there's actually anything in the rules that prevents a drop kick as a legal form of disposal, it used to be all the rage.

Unfortunately I can't remember who it was that was penalised, but you'd have to be pretty jacked off that you gave away a free kick for a proper version of a drop kick, when a lucky through the legs and back heel one gets goal of the year!!! :confused:

It's because that player was tackled before he dropped the ball, Lloyd was never tackled, when will the dolts on here get that through their thickheads. :rolleyes:

I don't think Lloyds had a case. It was clever, deserved a second look but not goal of the week, nevermind goal of the year.

Didak would have had it in the bag if he hit that bicylce, that was ridiculous, point of the decade for sure...

Motlop was a clear winner for me though. That kick was about as close to impossible as you can get. I can guarentee that I could go out in a park and spend the entire day trying to replicate it and not. Not just that it was from 50 but to kick the ball in one direction and have it go the other is basically impossible when it comes to physics. There aren't more than 5 players who I have seen play the game that could kick that goal.

lame and un-original, try again champ.
Ya gotta admit though, that, as a cliche, it has long stood the test of time and public opinion.
essendonaplloydienw6.jpg

Lloydie should do the honourable and manly thing by publicly awarding the prize to someone that he considers more deserving. Don't imagine he will however.

Personally I liked Motlops best.

Ask yourself this question:

Could you on the run 50m out on the boundary kick a banana goal on the incorrect side of your body for a banana goal (i could try this 100 times & not score a point)

or

Could you stand in the goalsquare about 2 feet out swing your leg backwards (ooh tricky) and roll the ball over the line. (10/10 for me)

If any old Joe could kick the Lloyd goal how on earth can it be the best goal. It was a quirky bit of play that was vaguely interesting in a boring game.

The AA selectors rock! I heard that they would have selected Alan Toovey for the Rising Star if they were on that committee.

"It's arguable that any of us might have kicked the Lloyd goal, yet who other than the most gifted athletes can kick banana goals from 50 (Motlop)"

Glad to see Mike Sheehan agreeing with me in the Herald Sun today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd Goal of the Year!! WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back