Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lord has well and truly arrived

You guys absolutely bent us over for this one, we got a crippled Jaegar who we only play because he got 4 years (sunk cost fallacy in play) and you got a genuine gun ruckman + the upgrade in picks

The F2 ended up helping out for Ginnivan too right? Massive Massive trade for the Hawks.
we lost a lot to get him initially so consider this damage control! You also don’t need him with Jackson and Darcy he wouldn’t be playing.
I’m also not feeling much for your plight you have a likely finals bound team with 3 mid first round picks and saints r2 so you fleeced port especially so it all balances out.

we lost a lot to get him initially so consider this damage control! You also don’t need him with Jackson and Darcy he wouldn’t be playing.
I’m also not feeling much for your plight you have a likely finals bound team with 3 mid first round picks and saints r2 so you fleeced port especially so it all balances out.
Very happy for Meeky as we didn't need him

Just annoyed we got Jaegar in, what a failure that was

Such a shame I remember watching him early at the suns and thinking man this guy could be anything. Crueler by injuries but great leader and standards setter so his value whilst minimal on the field I am sure is well understood off it. He’s a handsome devil too which doesn’t bode well as he left us on 99 games…send him back to us for a future fourth?🤪

Such a shame I remember watching him early at the suns and thinking man this guy could be anything. Crueler by injuries but great leader and standards setter so his value whilst minimal on the field I am sure is well understood off it. He’s a handsome devil too which doesn’t bode well as he left us on 99 games…send him back to us for a future fourth?🤪
Take his 2 year contract and you can have him for free!

With a team as young as ours, I think his leadership and experience has been good. Pure output on the field is not everything, look at the hole that occurred when Mundy left. If you spread the cost of his contract through the 4 years he will be fairly cheap as the Hawks were paying for the first full year.

I recon having him as depth will still work and 2 years will go pretty quick. I just wish he only he could kick straight.

With a team as young as ours, I think his leadership and experience has been good. Pure output on the field is not everything, look at the hole that occurred when Mundy left. If you spread the cost of his contract through the 4 years he will be fairly cheap as the Hawks were paying for the first full year.

I recon having him as depth will still work and 2 years will go pretty quick. I just wish he only he could kick straight.

That he has now done, at the perfect time.

Win Win deal.

win win??????

WTF do you mean, JOM has been one of our biggest trade failures ever and we are a club thats notable for them...

But yeah Meek v Darcy would have been a better match, Jackson isn't a ruck
I've thought JOM has been pretty solid this year.

We clearly won the trade but it is not a complete shocker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've thought JOM has been pretty solid this year.

We clearly won the trade but it is not a complete shocker
You thought wrong, has had maybe 6 or 7 OK games, 1 good one and the rest he is just a passenger being carried by our team

Anyway, happy for Meek as he couldn't sit behind Darcy for the next 10 years, its no surprise that he is doing well, anyone from Sandilands academy is learning from the best.

Just frustrating when Darcy is out and we have to resort to putting Jackson in the ruck full time, definitely only a pinch hitter

win win??????

WTF do you mean, JOM has been one of our biggest trade failures ever and we are a club thats notable for them...
He’s in you 22 each week. Can’t be that bad. What did you expect for a trade for a bloke who wasn’t in you best team. Meek wasn’t our starting duck until the ruck rules changed. 😁

He’s in you 22 each week. Can’t be that bad. What did you expect for a trade for a bloke who wasn’t in you best team. Meek wasn’t our starting duck until the ruck rules changed. 😁
He's in there due to sunk cost fallacy

Not our fault your coaches were picking Reeves over Meek, that was clearly a mistake

Not our fault your coaches were picking Reeves over Meek, that was clearly a mistake
Reeves had us as the 3rd best club in the comp for hitout wins last year, which subsequently made our centre clearances a huge strength.

The ruck rule killed his advantage, because he’s not a brute. Meek has turned himself into one.

Reeves had us as the 3rd best club in the comp for hitout wins last year, which subsequently made our centre clearances a huge strength.

The ruck rule killed his advantage, because he’s not a brute. Meek has turned himself into one.

I think you are the first hawks fan I’ve ever seen that rates Reeves as anything other than a nepo pick.

Meek has been massive for the hawks. Not sure I saw it coming but very happy for the bloke.

I think you are the first hawks fan I’ve ever seen that rates Reeves as anything other than a nepo pick.

Meek has been massive for the hawks. Not sure I saw it coming but very happy for the bloke.
Facts matter.

Only Freo had a better hitout win % in 2023, and as a result our mids got first use and we were top 5 for centre clearances.

Facts matter.

Only Freo had a better hitout win % in 2023, and as a result our mids got first use and we were top 5 for centre clearances.

It didn’t translate to much benefit though given the results and Reeves was putrid around the ground. Need to be Witts esque at hit outs to get away with not offering a lot around the ground these days IMO.

It didn’t translate to much benefit though given the results and Reeves was putrid around the ground. Need to be Witts esque at hit outs to get away with not offering a lot around the ground these days IMO
Did you not read my post at all?

Our clearance work was a clear strength in 2023 and it was due to Reeves dominance at the taps. It was why we knocked off Collingwood, lions, Saints and dogs and had close losses to Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back