Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy's best is better than Meeks

We need to get Sean fit, meek is always going to be better if Darcy isn't on the park
Meek has the capacity to be better than Darcy. Meeks game against English was as good as Darcy in that EF.

23 disposals 46 hitouts (10 HTA)
11 contested possessions
1 goal (1 goal assist and 7 score involvements)
6 marks
5 clearances
5 tackles

Was dominant, both around the ground aerially, forward, as another mid with his hands, strength and athleticism but also his tap work, as shown by the dime to Newcombe which led to his goal.

Meek has the capacity to be better than Darcy. Meeks game against English was as good as Darcy in that EF.

23 disposals 46 hitouts (10 HTA)
11 contested possessions
1 goal (1 goal assist and 7 score involvements)
6 marks
5 clearances
5 tackles

Was dominant, both around the ground aerially, forward, as another mid with his hands, strength and athleticism but also his tap work, as shown by the dime to Newcombe which led to his goal.
He may have the capacity but its easy to forget how good Darcy is

You have to remember that Meek is actually older than Darcy, what Darcy did as a young ruck was incredible. We need to get his body right.

He may have the capacity but its easy to forget how good Darcy is

You have to remember that Meek is actually older than Darcy, what Darcy did as a young ruck was incredible. We need to get his body right.
Darcy is a gun, there’s just things Meek can do that Darcy can’t athletically speaking, and if you would like to know this, watch that game. Text book modern ruck dominance.

Darcy is a gun, there’s just things Meek can do that Darcy can’t athletically speaking, and if you would like to know this, watch that game. Text book modern ruck dominance.
I've watched Meek a lot (including Friday night), again, I think you're forgetting how good Darcy is when fit

I've watched Meek a lot (including Friday night), again, I think you're forgetting how good Darcy is when fit
Again a gun, but there’s a lot Darcy can’t because he’s always been the bigger guy and not the most athletic. Although does what he does best at an elite level, I firmly believe Meek is better and will continue to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back