Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody head out to lara yesterday? If so what were the end results

i went out there. tell you what, either newtown wont be much this year, or lara will go alright. no mountjoy or clark and they go down by 8. mighty effort. also, someone who i know quite well and see reguarly who played seniors and reserves last year at newtown, and played reserves on saturday, said that newtown were gonna be a force to be reckoned with this year and top 5 easy. i must say, if there gonna do that, they need to put in 4 quarter efforts. lara were dead and buried and they let them within a kick of them. lucky to get away, but to there credit there backline really stood up when they needed it to. i recon it will be a big test for n&c at joeys this week. a match worth watching:thumbsu:

I put Newtown and Lara near the bottom on my ladder. How'd the new recruits go for each team?

the stand-out recruit would probably have been morrison. kicked 4 goals and killed them in the 2nd quarter. tell you what, he would have to be very very happy he got the hell outta newcomb

I went out there. Lara ended up going down by 8 points. Newtown killed them in the 2nd quarter kicking 8 goals to one. With Kilday and Morrison killing Lara.

After half time Lara came out and got their unning game going. Was a goal the diff with 4 mins left, but Lara just fell short.

Newtown have been underrated in the offseason.[/quote]

I put Newtown and Lara near the bottom on my ladder. How'd the new recruits go for each team?

If people underatted Newtown or thought they would finish close to bottom they will be way off the mark, they have recruited clearly best of all GFL clubs this season, anyone who knows sutterby would know he would have rang every human who owns some football boots. Hopefully after the big cash they have splashed around on all these blokes, it dont leave them in the same shape as his last club who as we know wont get within 200 points off anyone in the BFL and will probably fold by years end.

Went and had a look at them Sat and looked good first half, interesting to see if they can compete with the Power clubs, wont be as easy as bringing in players and going straight to GF day like with Newcombe but i reckon they could slip into fifth.

Torquay hold the BFL record 57.32.374 vs St Leonards back in about 85/86. Although I read that Geelong West U/19's once had 110.27.687 kicked against them the FF kicking 46.8!!

haha, is that even possible?? thats 137 scoring shots in about 120 minutes of football. if true,, very nice effort

Are we talking about Leigh Morrison kicking 4 for Newtown?

Did Craig head out there as well?

haha, is that even possible?? thats 137 scoring shots in about 120 minutes of football. if true,, very nice effort
its not even that, aren't 3rds matches 18-20 min 1/4's, with no time-on? so thats 137 scoring shots in about 80 minutes!!!! Were they playing multiball or something???

its not even that, aren't 3rds matches 18-20 min 1/4's, with no time-on? so thats 137 scoring shots in about 80 minutes!!!! Were they playing multiball or something???

oh thirds. shit thats an even better effort. did they win the flag that year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't question me Dallas, it was in the VFA and I have read it in two different texts!! They also won a game that year after losing to the same team by 160 points earlier

Here's a question: after two pathetic performances in a row, is GWSP going to win more than two games this year?

I've heard very strong mail that Clarke will be sacked as coach of St Albans, if not this week and they lose to GWSP (which they will on yesterdays form) he will be shown the door.

Are the Newcomb Power a chance to not play the year out? appears numbers are already dropping off, and with 150+ floggings in the two's every week and 200+ floggings in the ones you wouldn't think these blokes would be rushing back for a kick:(

Here's a question: after two pathetic performances in a row, is GWSP going to win more than two games this year?

I went and had a look at West V Leopold at Saturday night thinking it would be a good contest. Leopold looked pretty sharp and have a strong 'spine' on the other hand West were woeful and are a shadow of last years team. Saunders looked disinterested and should hand back his rather large match payment as a good will gesture! West in for a long year!

I've heard very strong mail that Clarke will be sacked as coach of St Albans, if not this week and they lose to GWSP (which they will on yesterdays form) he will be shown the door.
Very interesting.

Can't think of the last time a coach was sacked midseason - Bell Park's coach in 2004 perhaps, when Mapleson took over? But that was on the eve of the season...

While probably slightly premature, the rumblings of discontent are quite justified at St Albans. This is a club that has invested so much into becoming a force again and so far this season they've just showed nothing to suggest that ingrained culture of losing is on the way out.

But it's round two. And if St Albans has lost faith in Clark now after just two games, in reality, they probably never had it in the first place....

Very interesting.

Can't think of the last time a coach was sacked midseason - Bell Park's coach in 2004 perhaps, when Mapleson took over? But that was on the eve of the season...

While probably slightly premature, the rumblings of discontent are quite justified at St Albans. This is a club that has invested so much into becoming a force again and so far this season they've just showed nothing to suggest that ingrained culture of losing is on the way out.

But it's round two. And if St Albans has lost faith in Clark now after just two games, in reality, they probably never had it in the first place....

Agreed Catattack. Its not like St A have been flogged from start to finish. Both weeks they have been in the game, but 1 crap quarter has cost them dearly. A change of coach can't do anything to whats in the players heads.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the rooms of the loser in the West Vs St Albans game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back