Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard a whisper around that the Geelong VFL has asked Luke Buckland if he would like a spot on the list. I see that he has 2 BOGs in a ro, and his old coach Dale Amos would probably love to have him. Has anyone else heard this? And what would Sth Barwon say about it.

I have heard a whisper around that the Geelong VFL has asked Luke Buckland if he would like a spot on the list. I see that he has 2 BOGs in a ro, and his old coach Dale Amos would probably love to have him. Has anyone else heard this? And what would Sth Barwon say about it.

Ex geelong rookie as well, so would know the system.

I have not heard otherwise, but that is pretty unlikely.

Geelong had a reluctance to list Tim Sheringham on the VFL list last season, presumedly because he was a former player at the club. Quality alone, he was good enough to make the cut.

Plus, Geelong signed off on its VFL list about a month ago. The list is full, so unless there are so many injuries within the squad that they can't field a team, there's no way he could be put on the list.

But then again, right now with all the back line injuries, someone of Buckland's class would be invaluable, so the rumour has credence.

As i said, he may very well have been offered a position... i have not heard otherwise and several things may have gone under the bridge to enable him to get on the VFL list...

I've heard very strong mail that Clarke will be sacked as coach of St Albans, if not this week and they lose to GWSP (which they will on yesterdays form) he will be shown the door.

Are the Newcomb Power a chance to not play the year out? appears numbers are already dropping off, and with 150+ floggings in the two's every week and 200+ floggings in the ones you wouldn't think these blokes would be rushing back for a kick:(

I cannot believe this rumor got a run in the Addy this morning. Weather it be true or not (i doubt it is true as the St Albans pres stated) i cannot believe that NICK WADE Addy journalist is using Big Footy for story sources in his paper. Anyone who believes much of what is written here is very naive, especially when someone declares is as a "strong rumor" or strong mail".

I remember the Addy also ran a story on another BS rumour that was on here about Peter Street leaving Joeys. Not sure if that articale was written by Wade also but seriously c'mon Geelong Addy reporters lift your game, you are already regarded in local football circles as having a pretty average knowledge of local football. Lets not resort to internet forums as our major source of local football rumours.

We know you come on here so i am pretty sure NICK WADE you are going to read this. If you want to be a journalist of any note get out there yourself and away from your computer and find out whats going for yourself, you will get so much more credibility that way.

Finally dont believe most of what is written on here, yes there are some very good contributors on here and most know who they are but seriously anyone can write anything on here anonymously with no consequences so have a good think before beleiving a lot of what is written here. That means you to NICK WADE.

I cannot believe this rumor got a run in the Addy this morning. Weather it be true or not (i doubt it is true as the St Albans pres stated) i cannot believe that NICK WADE Addy journalist is using Big Footy for story sources in his paper. Anyone who believes much of what is written here is very naive, especially when someone declares is as a "strong rumor" or strong mail".

I remember the Addy also ran a story on another BS rumour that was on here about Peter Street leaving Joeys. Not sure if that articale was written by Wade also but seriously c'mon Geelong Addy reporters lift your game, you are already regarded in local football circles as having a pretty average knowledge of local football. Lets not resort to internet forums as our major source of local football rumours.

We know you come on here so i am pretty sure NICK WADE you are going to read this. If you want to be a journalist of any note get out there yourself and away from your computer and find out whats going for yourself, you will get so much more credibility that way.

Finally dont believe most of what is written on here, yes there are some very good contributors on here and most know who they are but seriously anyone can write anything on here anonymously with no consequences so have a good think before beleiving a lot of what is written here. That means you to NICK WADE.

:thumbsu: Well said. It shows the standard of the newspaper if they are putting rumours off an internet forum into print. Amateur journalism at best.

:thumbsu: Well said. It shows the standard of the newspaper if they are putting rumours off an internet forum into print. Amateur journalism at best.

It appears I've been wrong on this one, but I still do believe that it was/is well on the cards that Clarke won't see the season out.

I wasn't there on Saturday but it appears a lot of people are furious with him constantly player his key players out of position.

Anyway I never meant for my simple post to get blown out of proportion like it did. When I say strong mail it's like saying I've heard a strong rumor, so how the Addy can put it in the paper as basically fact is a disgrace on their behalf and a mistake on mine for posting information that looks to be wrong at this point.
Cheers:thumbsu:

This rumour is not just confined to BigFooty, it is going through the GFL like wildfire, so it would be negligent of a journalist not to contact the president for a comment - that's the nature of the business.

The story doesn't actually quote BigFooty as a source, it just refers to the president being made aware of the rumour through this site. It also didn't refer to the rumour as fact, it mentioned numerous times it was all speculation and then let the president's comment make a pretty compelling argument against them..

There's far more information in that story than what has been alluded to on here, so it is fairly obvious other sources have come into play.

I thought the only reference of BF was in the quote?

What about Milky on KRock claiming that Belmont haven't paid Haami. Pretty big allegations and one "rumour" which should not have been mentioned.

Not only did he mention it on Saturday, he mentioned it again on Sunday when he gave the results. Not good Milky...

Defamation mean anything?

What about Milky on KRock claiming that Belmont haven't paid Haami. Pretty big allegations and one "rumour" which should not have been mentioned.

Not only did he mention it on Saturday, he mentioned it again on Sunday when he gave the results. Not good Milky...

That is actually true so don't have a go at him for speaking the truth.

This rumour is not just confined to BigFooty, it is going through the GFL like wildfire, so it would be negligent of a journalist not to contact the president for a comment - that's the nature of the business.

The story doesn't actually quote BigFooty as a source, it just refers to the president being made aware of the rumour through this site. It also didn't refer to the rumour as fact, it mentioned numerous times it was all speculation and then let the president's comment make a pretty compelling argument against them..

There's far more information in that story than what has been alluded to on here, so it is fairly obvious other sources have come into play.

geez you've blown your cover pretty obviously here Nick Wade, time for a new username son! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the only reference of BF was in the quote?

People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones

Well said!what's he doing giving out private info on radio? isnt he there to just reel out the scores which anyone can get off the internet anyway?such poor standard if you ask me!

couldnt agree more hbk_aus.I am not surprised about the addy.look who writes for them.whispers and rumours? -not credible if you ask me.small town stuff i suppose.they must be getting info from here and making it their own.and dont get me started on Milky-he is a big mouth and a know nothing!

My god, what absolute drivel you people go on with here on this forum is amazing. Dorknock, small town mentality is not associated with the Addy, but with the users on this forum. If they never ran the Clark story, you would accuse them of not having any idea about what was going on locally. As for the Street rumour, I happen to know for a fact it was the club who rang them to nip it in the bud, NOT the other way around because clowns like you who spread it as though it is gospel, and do it in a gutless fashion on this forum. Keep spreading the Hammi rumour and you'll face a civil suit (that means legal proceedings for you dodos on here with nothing better to do with your life).

My god, what absolute drivel you people go on with here on this forum is amazing. Dorknock, small town mentality is not associated with the Addy, but with the users on this forum. If they never ran the Clark story, you would accuse them of not having any idea about what was going on locally. As for the Street rumour, I happen to know for a fact it was the club who rang them to nip it in the bud, NOT the other way around because clowns like you who spread it as though it is gospel, and do it in a gutless fashion on this forum. Keep spreading the Hammi rumour and you'll face a civil suit (that means legal proceedings for you dodos on here with nothing better to do with your life).

Actually no Pie man, the civil suit would actually go on Milky for announcing it on the public airwaves which we are just commenting on in reply. But why let that get in the way of a feel-good rant.

ThePieMan, if I were to email you personally your email would be:

......@geelongadvertiser.com.au

The addy is a terrible paper that we only read to see sports results/stories, any chace the dunderbirds in the office could do something productive with their time/money and get out and research.

Auciello & Shields are pretty good, but the standard of local footy writeups aren't great. How about some quotes from some people at the matches, coaches, players, spectators?

The Nick Wade guide to journalism.

Save the below links as your 2 favourite pages:
  1. www.bigfooty.com.au
  2. www.footballgeelong.com.au
Open up Microsoft Word then check your internet banking to see if you're getting paid, simple!

which club is having an all white party this weekend? heard on the radio this morning that a club had to take a photo off the website coz it was of ppl dressed up in kkk gear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back