Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm with geelong west playing st marys this week just heard that shane jack will be out for about 6 weeks with broken collarbone. Huge loss if this is the case for rest of the season. Heard they might have other injuries as well.

Correct Shane Jack out 4 season wif collarbone, ruckman stewart out 4-6 weeks wif fractured elbow, luke parker suspectd broken arm, sauders hamstring strain, stonerbrink broken nose, richie knight hamstring, cant get much worse for the roosters

biggest w***er of the BFL would have to be Fowkes from Torquay, celebrated every goal he kicked on the weekend like he had just won a grand final after the siren. tosser

biggest w***er of the BFL would have to be Fowkes from Torquay, celebrated every goal he kicked on the weekend like he had just won a grand final after the siren. tosser

You weren't one of his 5 opponents for the day were you Trizzy?
If your plucking one handed marks whilst getting double teamed I think your entilted to celebrate your goals.

You weren't one of his 5 opponents for the day were you Trizzy?
If your plucking one handed marks whilst getting double teamed I think your entilted to celebrate your goals.
No i wasnt, i was watching, and no he wasnt getting double teamed. Yes he is a very good player and played well on the weekend, but does that mean he gets to carry on like he was after every goal? even in the last quarter when you were 10 goals up?

watched the grovedale vs bell park game and expected it to be a closer encounter, bell park looked strong, while grovedale were injury struck in the 3rd quarter; where does this leave grovedale after losses to st marys and bell park? and wins against GWSP, saints and newtown...

also South Barwon over Colac...thoughts?

was at the newtown albans game up until the beginning of the 4th,
albans up by 5 goals and heard from mates at school that they lost by 2-3 goals,
anyone know what happened for them to give up a lead like that?

i've been to two of modda's games this year and and i'm scratching my head thinking which sproul is coach!well which ever one it is, can we at least win another game before we play newcomb again :confused:

Who has the worst supporter base in the BFL & GFL?

For me I'd have to say Newtown in the GFL, they never seem to have anyone watching them when they play away. And it's actually not that much better when they're at home.

watched the grovedale vs bell park game and expected it to be a closer encounter, bell park looked strong, while grovedale were injury struck in the 3rd quarter; where does this leave grovedale after losses to st marys and bell park? and wins against GWSP, saints and newtown...

also South Barwon over Colac...thoughts?

Was also up at burdoo saturday and was pretty disappointed, thought grovey may have come out pretty pumped to put one over the boys who left them for bell park. At the end of the day my opinion is grovey just dont have the cattle to match the top sides. But the club is changing for the better and hopefully soon it will be able to attract higher calibre players to enable them to hopefully compete with the top 5.

Who has the worst supporter base in the BFL & GFL?

For me I'd have to say Newtown in the GFL, they never seem to have anyone watching them when they play away. And it's actually not that much better when they're at home.

For me id have to say south barwon and grovedale would have the 2 biggest support bases in gfl with lara and leopold not to far behind. Geelong west is a very ordinary place to watch footy hence why never alot of support out there.

For me id have to say south barwon and grovedale would have the 2 biggest support bases in gfl with lara and leopold not to far behind. Geelong west is a very ordinary place to watch footy hence why never alot of support out there.

are you serious? its pretty much the only ground in geelong with a grandstand, is it relatively well sheltered from wind and although the velodrome is very dangerous it allows the viewing area to be raised from the ground which is another plus in my opinion...

are you serious? its pretty much the only ground in geelong with a grandstand, is it relatively well sheltered from wind and although the velodrome is very dangerous it allows the viewing area to be raised from the ground which is another plus in my opinion...

Ill rephrase my comment a little.. I think the gfl stuffed up when they decided to move the finals series from west oval to kp. When you used to go out to west for finals it was great coz the place was packed and had some great atmosphere but now you take a packed out west oval and move it to kp it seems as if no one is there and really i think most would agree the gfl grand final is a distant 3rd to the other 2 leagues in terms of being a good day out. Sure its better footy but id rather watch a local grand final at drysdale,st albans or west over kp anyday. Anyone disagree?

On the other hand during the season ill stick by more comment that west is shit to go to coz its hardly got any supporters there,the velodrome is a pain in the arse and sets you back to far from the action and everytime i go out there it always seems to be cold and wet!

understand completely about the atmosphere at finals but there is also something special about having your team play on skilled and it is something for a club to aim for to play on a ground of that quality and use the facilities on offer. just makes it a little more special i think but it does sacrifice a bit of the 'country atmosphere' if you like...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

understand completely about the atmosphere at finals but there is also something special about having your team play on skilled and it is something for a club to aim for to play on a ground of that quality and use the facilities on offer. just makes it a little more special i think but it does sacrifice a bit of the 'country atmosphere' if you like...

Could we possibly see in the near future 20k pack KP for a GFL Grand Final? Surely they could... I believe its due to the gate prices. Too costly!

The terraces are always packed out at Leopold, and the low roof there means the crowd noise carries out onto the ground, making a good atmosphere to play in.

I would have to agree with the atmosphere call out at Leopold. It is generally packed under the terraces out there and the supporters don't mind serving it up to you as your coming through the interchange area. In saying this, they have excellent support when they are playing away from home as well.

I see where your coming from, i played 2 gfl u18 grand finals on kp and it was a good feeling playing out there but i just cant see the point of using a ground for finals thats not used by any club side during the year. Playing a grand final on an empty stadium or playing out at a beautiful packed out country ground like drysdale?? i know which one id prefer.

Could we possibly see in the near future 20k pack KP for a GFL Grand Final? Surely they could... I believe its due to the gate prices. Too costly!

Cant see it happening personally. Gfl seems a bit different to other leagues in terms of players not bothering to go to the finals series if there club is not involved. I go to the bellerine and gdfl grand finals most years but havnt been to a gfl grand final for 5 years. Went to the western region and eastern footy league grannies last year and will probably go see the essendon and ballarat leagues this year. Will not go to another gfl grannie untill the numb skulls that run the league realise that majority of people involved in the gfl would prefer to see the finals staged at west or st albans. Or will travel anywhere to watch it if the mighty grovedale tigers ever decide to grace the gfl with there presence in september:eek:

The terraces are always packed out at Leopold, and the low roof there means the crowd noise carries out onto the ground, making a good atmosphere to play in.

Yeah leopold is always a good place to watch and atmosphere is normally very good. Wat would be your best and worst in the gfl? For me the best in terms of atmosphere and crowd would be sth barwon grovey and leopold. Lara is also very good with the tab and awesome bar and bistro. Worst would probably be colac-whenever ive been down there away team always seems to have more support ( brilliant bus trip on the way back tho ) newtown is a pretty boring joint with not alot of support or atmosphere and as ive said i dont really like west unless its finals time.

Change the subject for a bit, lets name the best 3 or so players from each club, ill get the ball rollin.

Bell Park: T. Sheringham, J. Graham, D. Talbot
Colac: M. Buchanan, T. Hay, J. Carmody
Grovedale: B. Riordan, P. Waldron
GWSP: P. Carson, S. Jack, D. Carson
Lara: L. Hardman, K. Smith, S. Clark
Leopold: James Walker, J. Tom, C. Wright
Newtown: D. McVilly, M. Bright, D. Goodwin
North Shore: N. Peoples, B. Lynch, L. Scown
South Barwon: L. Buckland, P. Corrigan, M. Corrigan
St. Albans: M. Dragicevic, M. Macfarlane, C. Chubb
St. Josephs: H. Foss, P. Street, C. Bauer
St. Mary's: J. Cail, B. Lavars, T. Mclean

Any thoughts?

Ill have a crack:

Bell Park: T. Sheringham, J. Sheringham, D. Talbot
Colac: M. Buchanan, T. Hay, J. Carmody
Grovedale: B. Riordan, P. Waldron, A. Baars
GWSP: P. Carson, S. Jack, D. Carson, N Saunders
Lara: B. Harris, K. Smith, S. Clark
Leopold: James Walker, J. Tom, C. Wright / A. Greeves
Newtown: Kilday, Bury, Bright
North Shore: N. Peoples, B. Lynch, D. Milligan
South Barwon: L. Buckland, P. Corrigan, M. Corrigan
St. Albans: M. Dragicevic, M. Macfarlane, S. Potter
St. Josephs: H. Foss, P. Street, C. Bauer Could also throw D. Lovick in there
St. Mary's: J. Cail, B. Lavars, T. Mclean

Heard a strong word from a very reliable source that Kent Kingsley is keen to come back to Geelong and play for a local club. My source is usually on the money and was also correct when he told me about Peter Street going to St Joseph's. Kingsley is apparently going to whoever is prepared to pay him most. The main contender is St Albans at this stage, but outside clubs look to be Leopold and Newtown. However St Albans are clearly front runners at the minute. He is apparently wanting to come back ASAP, so next year he should be around. I will try to keep you posted.
Cheers

Then i retracted that statement after round 1, they've suprised me in a good way.

More importantly for you wiseoldman is the meat bus gonna let his big group of supporters down again 2nite like he did against corio or will he maybe recapture some of that form he had on grand final day 2007:eek::eek:????
Well timmy finnigan have you jumped off the sinking ship of grovedale yet.Big score kicked against them.Maybe you should stick to the pitch reports.No tips this week.:confused::confused::confused:

Heard a strong word from a very reliable source that Kent Kingsley is keen to come back to Geelong and play for a local club. My source is usually on the money and was also correct when he told me about Peter Street going to St Joseph's. Kingsley is apparently going to whoever is prepared to pay him most. The main contender is St Albans at this stage, but outside clubs look to be Leopold and Newtown. However St Albans are clearly front runners at the minute. He is apparently wanting to come back ASAP, so next year he should be around. I will try to keep you posted.
Cheers

There's a story for the Addy tomorrow Nick Wade as this is your great source of information.

But in reality why would a club want Kent Kingsley he would poo his pants in leagues down here once he got roughed up a bit.

Great journo again from the geelong addy, Saunders well held?, only playd the first 10mins, injured his knee and didnt come back on the ground, they must make up those little paragraphs written under the main 2 games...

There's a story for the Addy tomorrow Nick Wade as this is your great source of information.

But in reality why would a club want Kent Kingsley he would poo his pants in leagues down here once he got roughed up a bit.

that would have to be the dumbest qoute ever written on this forum played AFL, but would poo himself playing local footy.
please read what you write before submitting as this makes you look foolish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back