Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very impressive win by Colac on the weekend especially playing at St Joeys on the much smaller ground.
They would have to rate themselves a chance this year.
Tope 5 obviously will not change now, just positioning.
It is believed Colac are now nearing full strength at the right end of the year.
South Barwon and St Mary's also big chances.

disapointing to see mick atkins leaving barwon heads.
Is that new news? According to the Addy Devon Sproule won't coach Modda next year, although that was widely known i think. Paul Sproule may take the job and maybe the Portarlington job. Seems a toss up for him between the two.

Barwon Heads just cant seem to get any continuity with their coaches can they. I think they will want a playing coach. Not a bad job down there, a lot of kids coming through.

At this stage only GWSP is the only GFL job up for grabs, any rumours?

Is that new news? According to the Addy Devon Sproule won't coach Modda next year, although that was widely known i think. Paul Sproule may take the job and maybe the Portarlington job. Seems a toss up for him between the two.

Barwon Heads just cant seem to get any continuity with their coaches can they. I think they will want a playing coach. Not a bad job down there, a lot of kids coming through.

At this stage only GWSP is the only GFL job up for grabs, any rumours?

I think you mean Mat Sproule....Paul Sproule was playing at Modda earlier in the year but got sick of the travelling and gave it away.

Your right though the barwon heads job would be very appealing, good young list plenty to work with.

I think you mean Mat Sproule....Paul Sproule was playing at Modda earlier in the year but got sick of the travelling and gave it away.

Your right though the barwon heads job would be very appealing, good young list plenty to work with.
Oops, yeah your right.

Totally agree with that. Barwon Heads have defintely got the best list of players aged 23 and under. There U/18 side has been top 2 or 3 for the past 5 years which backs this up I'd reckon.
I think what they have lacked this year is on field leadership and by bringing in a playing coach, preferably a key position big-bodied sort of player, they could seriously challenge for a flag in the next two years.

If you pitted a Barwon Heads U/23 side against the rest of the comp they would come out on top. Anyone disagree?

Totally agree with that. Barwon Heads have defintely got the best list of players aged 23 and under. There U/18 side has been top 2 or 3 for the past 5 years which backs this up I'd reckon.
I think what they have lacked this year is on field leadership and by bringing in a playing coach, preferably a key position big-bodied sort of player, they could seriously challenge for a flag in the next two years.

If you pitted a Barwon Heads U/23 side against the rest of the comp they would come out on top. Anyone disagree?

ocean grove say hello

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day lads, well it's great to be back after a 1 week holiday courtesy of the boy's at the dictatorship:D

Just a few question's/points for my old mate pieman:thumbsu:
1- Colac 5 finals series Grovedale 0. Colac premierships 0 Grovedale premierships 0. Is Colac the Drysdale of the GFL pieman??? Starting to get a great record of falling over in finals old son:eek:

2- No blokes chasing coin at Colac is there??? Probably a good time for you to pull your head outta the sand mate.

3- Not sure if your " loyalty " quip was directed at Grovedale or not but it's a pretty well known fact that Grovedale would probably spend the less of any GFL club. Although there's a couple of clubs that could listen to your msg ( Bell Park, St Albans )

4- I look forward to Drysdale, sorry Colac claiming a top 3 spot after 18 rounds and then slipping up in the finals once more pieman:thumbsu::thumbsu:

BTW no one likes Ammo's so i doubt anyone is gonna stop baggin them brother.

If Sproule is tossing up between Port and Modda it shouldn't be to hard a decision, for mine Modda would be alot better option. Port have been a massive disappointment this season after promising so much last year.

Modda have had a pretty poor year aswell but recently have shown the league what there capable of. I think Modda's list is in a better posisition and also a town only 5 minutes outta Geelong will be alot easier to attract quality players than Port.

Would love to see both sides in the finals but cant see it happening anytime soon.

If Sproule is tossing up between Port and Modda it shouldn't be to hard a decision, for mine Modda would be alot better option. Port have been a massive disappointment this season after promising so much last year.

Modda have had a pretty poor year aswell but recently have shown the league what there capable of. I think Modda's list is in a better posisition and also a town only 5 minutes outta Geelong will be alot easier to attract quality players than Port.

Would love to see both sides in the finals but cant see it happening anytime soon.
Agree mate about Sproule staying at Modda and taking on the coaching job. Havn't played at Modda for a couple of years now but chatting to a few of the blokes there they have nothing but the highest praise for the man and i would think they would love him to take over from his old man. He currently has a fair bit of influence around the club and has been great with the kids. But in saying that i havn't seen it first hand ive only ever played on the bloke so i could be wrong but thats just what ive heard from a few. Be great to see Modda playing finals some time soon.

G'day lads, well it's great to be back after a 1 week holiday courtesy of the boy's at the dictatorship:D

Just a few question's/points for my old mate pieman:thumbsu:
1- Colac 5 finals series Grovedale 0. Colac premierships 0 Grovedale premierships 0. Is Colac the Drysdale of the GFL pieman??? Starting to get a great record of falling over in finals old son:eek:

2- No blokes chasing coin at Colac is there??? Probably a good time for you to pull your head outta the sand mate.

3- Not sure if your " loyalty " quip was directed at Grovedale or not but it's a pretty well known fact that Grovedale would probably spend the less of any GFL club. Although there's a couple of clubs that could listen to your msg ( Bell Park, St Albans )

4- I look forward to Drysdale, sorry Colac claiming a top 3 spot after 18 rounds and then slipping up in the finals once more pieman:thumbsu::thumbsu:

BTW no one likes Ammo's so i doubt anyone is gonna stop baggin them brother.

As Ritchie would say, welcome back. What did you do?

Would have to agree with you about Colac. I think they must win the flag this year or that tag may start to have some credence. Make no bones about it they are a good team but the ultimate success is what they need. Much the same as Drysdale. Both good home and away teams but when the crunch comes have been found wanting.

I dont know why people crap on about who spends the most or least money. The fact is ALL clubs spend dollars some more than others. And generally the most successful spend the most. Get over it, it the nature of the beast.

why does colac have to win it this year? the average age of the colac side is about 22 or 23. i think they'd have to be the youngest or at least one of the youngest teams in the gfl. the club has a very bright future. whether or not they win it this year, i'm sure they'll win one or two before grovedale, tim!! ;)

As Ritchie would say, welcome back. What did you do?

Would have to agree with you about Colac. I think they must win the flag this year or that tag may start to have some credence. Make no bones about it they are a good team but the ultimate success is what they need. Much the same as Drysdale. Both good home and away teams but when the crunch comes have been found wanting.

I dont know why people crap on about who spends the most or least money. The fact is ALL clubs spend dollars some more than others. And generally the most successful spend the most. Get over it, it the nature of the beast.

I think i may have gone a tad over board in my comments to Bomber2000 who has mysteriously vanished since my little spray:eek:

Yeah im sick of hearing about who spends what or how much this player cost as every club spends money on players. Spot on with your views on Colac, top side but just cant get it done in September.

why does colac have to win it this year? the average age of the colac side is about 22 or 23. i think they'd have to be the youngest or at least one of the youngest teams in the gfl. the club has a very bright future. whether or not they win it this year, i'm sure they'll win one or two before grovedale, tim!! ;)

Maybe youngest behind North Shore Lara Grovey St Albans and West mate:thumbsu:

Everyone knows Colac are a great side and me personally i'd love to see you blokes win it before any of the other clubs in the top 5.

And dont worry about the boys from Burdoo Drive mate, a massive possibillity of some huge recruits coming to play next season....... A couple from the o&m and a couple of brothers who play for a certain GFL side:eek::eek::eek:

Gee you have narrowed that Timmy my boy.
That would be either St Joseph's South Barwon or The Roosters I am guessing.

Haha you'll have to keep guessing stiffy:D Its definately not the Corrigan boys tho.

I dont wanna give to much away coz everyone will jump on my back and give it to me if it doesn't happen but lets just say the person who told me got this info straight from the top if you get where im going:thumbsu:

Haha you'll have to keep guessing stiffy:D Its definately not the Corrigan boys tho.

I dont wanna give to much away coz everyone will jump on my back and give it to me if it doesn't happen but lets just say the person who told me got this info straight from the top if you get where im going:thumbsu:

I heard a whisper the Carsons wont be at West next year. Is this the rumour Timmy?

I don't think you have to be Albert Einstein to work out who you are talking about Timmy?
Hope your source is solid, hate for you to have egg on your face!

I don't think you have to be Albert Einstein to work out who you are talking about Timmy?
Hope your source is solid, hate for you to have egg on your face!

Source is very solid mate but i dont think you have to be Einstein to know that there probably talking to every club in Geelong aswell so we'll see what happens i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back