Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all I've decided to come out and say to you all that this forum just involves nuffies talking absolute crap!!! You guys should start talking about modern day onfield football.... by the way I've heard some news that you may want to hear!! the news that Colac suck and Peter Street is bloody tall. Over and Out!!!!!

Ok i wasn't old enough to know about about there rivalry in the 80's but still Newcomb have only been around since 1976 so surely Drysdale Port had been playing each other long time before then?

Also obviously your not gonna have a full round of rivalrys so its a given that there'll always be a few " manufactured rivalrys " eg- St Marys vs Colac or Geelong vs St Kilda and before anyone says anything no its not a rivalry just coz you've had some close games recently or your undefeated after a few rounds!

Also where does the Ammo's Modda rivalry stem from? I played at Modda a few years ago and they hate Ammo's and vice versa. Is it from any certain incidents in the past or what?

Ammos-Modda is the result of them coming from the GDFL around the same time.

Port and Drysy have been playing each other for best part of a century... so they are a better rivalry... however since 1995 Port has only beaten the Hawks once... so the rivalry is a little less intense say than the late 70s or early 90s

Bobby J & Wiseoldman & Tim Finningan any chance could just text each other instead of posting that shit in here? :mad:

Come on mate check the previous post's. Ive bought some good stuff on here but most of the time this moron wiseoldman gets on with his shit 1 liners bagging everything i say! I think it's fair to have a crack back at him dont you?

Hi all I've decided to come out and say to you all that this forum just involves nuffies talking absolute crap!!! You guys should start talking about modern day onfield football.... by the way I've heard some news that you may want to hear!! the news that Colac suck and Peter Street is bloody tall. Over and Out!!!!!

More useless shit, cheers mate:thumbsu:

GWSP coach Chris Gilham given the flick effective immediately. Wasnt going to get the job next year so went now.

Mutual decision wasn't it? Also the story say's he was offered a job in a higher posistion that he couldn't refuse but once again the addy doesn't elaborate on what it was. Does anyone know what this job is? Maybe a gig at Werribee in some capacity?

Just on the subject or rivalry's what would you think would be the biggest rivalry in the Geelong region?? I havn't been involved in any of these but ill say the 3 biggest would probably be...

1- Ocean Grove vs Barwon Heads
2- Thomson vs East Geelong
3- Corio vs North Geelong

Also the North Shore vs Lara game's were always pretty big a few year's ago when both club's were up the top, always big crowd's for them game's

Just on the subject or rivalry's what would you think would be the biggest rivalry in the Geelong region?? I havn't been involved in any of these but ill say the 3 biggest would probably be...

1- Ocean Grove vs Barwon Heads
2- Thomson vs East Geelong
3- Corio vs North Geelong

Also the North Shore vs Lara game's were always pretty big a few year's ago when both club's were up the top, always big crowd's for them game's

i was actually talking to a mate the other day about the exact same rivalries,
for mine obviously thomson vs east (even in u16s) would be the biggest but i havent experienced any of the others so i wouldnt know what theyre like,

Mutual decision wasn't it? Also the story say's he was offered a job in a higher posistion that he couldn't refuse but once again the addy doesn't elaborate on what it was. Does anyone know what this job is? Maybe a gig at Werribee in some capacity?

Was told he wasnt going to get the job next year, so agreed to stop now by mutual consent.

If he has a job it's not an important one, rumour has it he's not happy and he'll be coaching a club in Geelong. eg: Portarlington or Modda are 2 I've heard about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they haven't signed their coach for next year, they have spoken to a couple of candidates, a couple of former Weribee players, Gilham and Sproule

I heard Sproule wants to go back to Melton South and coach them again.....is he coaching Modda at the moment? Looking at the results of Modda for the last couple of weeks they seem to have improved a fair bit beating drysdale and only going down by 9 points last week to the Ammos.

Might be too early to bring this topic up, but thought of an interesting topic, are there any prospective players/coaches in the wings waiting for opportunities to coach or suggestions on who would make a good head coach. Ala Nathan Buckley.

One that comes to mind in BFL is Swervin Mervin from Ocean Grove. He's a passionate assistant coach who could step up if other commitments freed him up. Heard him speak a few times. Loves reminding players they need to 'bring their A grade effort'...

Might be too early to bring this topic up, but thought of an interesting topic, are there any prospective players/coaches in the wings waiting for opportunities to coach or suggestions on who would make a good head coach. Ala Nathan Buckley.

One that comes to mind in BFL is Swervin Mervin from Ocean Grove. He's a passionate assistant coach who could step up if other commitments freed him up. Heard him speak a few times. Loves reminding players they need to 'bring their A grade effort'...
Listening to K Rock on Saturday and Bluey McGrath said there were a few rumblings of discontent in the coaching ranks down at Ocean Grove. Seemed pretty sure about what he said.

Not sure if there are any legs to this but Bluey wouldnt say it is there wasnt i would have thought.

Listening to K Rock on Saturday and Bluey McGrath said there were a few rumblings of discontent in the coaching ranks down at Ocean Grove. Seemed pretty sure about what he said.

Not sure if there are any legs to this but Bluey wouldnt say it is there wasnt i would have thought.

Hopefully bluey isn't interested in another coaching job at local level. Set Grovedale back 5 years was a big mistake to ever hire him. Any local club would be stupid to have him as a coach.

After just toying with Modda at the weekend (what a place that is) top of the table clash this week. Its up for grabs and no doubt we will see Drysdale go missing when there is a big game on. Look forward to everyones negative comments, bring your best losers.

After just toying with Modda at the weekend (what a place that is) top of the table clash this week. Its up for grabs and no doubt we will see Drysdale go missing when there is a big game on. Look forward to everyones negative comments, bring your best losers.

What's wrong with Modda??? Its a lovely place:thumbsu: Agree with you about Drysdale going missing in big game's but what about the mighty Ammo's record in final's in the last 10 year's flog?

How come you also go missing everytime someone question's Ammo's record after you get on here and make yourself and your club look like fu@king idiots???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back