Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q;What is the first thing you would purchase if you won $90 million:confused:.A;The box set of queer as folk:eek:.Your mates hat looks nice Timmy:D

Drago;14953084 In regard th etiered system I don't like it and don'y want it. I prefer it as is so that healthy rivalries can develop and so can the essence of a league.[/quote said:
What about the rivalries that excisted before the introduction of the gfl Drago? Grovey vs Modda( 4 grand finals in a row mid 70's ), Corio vs North Shore, North Geelong vs North Shore, St Albans vs Thomson/East Geelong, Leopold would've had some big rivals from there days in the bfl???

drysdale stumbling? just a bump in the road, plenty of time to go this season mate

the BFL finals race is going be a good one this year

Drysdale to finish 2nd after home and away season then out in straight sets come september!! Queenscliff to hopefully upset Ammo's in the big 1.

would absolutely love q'cliff to take home the flag this year. Being an ex-barwon heads player, the clubs are on similar levels.
Hoping to return to the heads next year, love to play the old rivals again and get a feel of country footy after a few years in the amateurs (zero crowds, zero atmosphere).

Edited for accuracy. :thumbsu:

You can only beat what you are put up against. Should actually be a good finals series. Us being favorites of course but after that there is a good amount of evenness amongst the other teams. Will be interesting to see who we play in the grand final.

You can only beat what you are put up against. Should actually be a good finals series. Us being favorites of course but after that there is a good amount of evenness amongst the other teams. Will be interesting to see who we play in the grand final.
Big call long way out. I know you look the goods at present but it only takes one loss and you are gone.

Just on the whole Newcomb thing. I think we should all cut them a bit of slack. I think everyone knows they hurt themselves by buying a premiership. Yes they are getting flogged every week, but they must get credit for at least putting 2 teams on the park each week. I think they should be given a chance to improve themselves. Plenty of clubs have come back from the brink like this but it takes time. Noone wants to see a club fold so good luck to them in getting their club back on track. I think people should be less harsh on them and give more credit to the people actually there trying to get them out of the predicament they are in.

Just on the whole Newcomb thing. I think we should all cut them a bit of slack. I think everyone knows they hurt themselves by buying a premiership. Yes they are getting flogged every week, but they must get credit for at least putting 2 teams on the park each week. I think they should be given a chance to improve themselves. Plenty of clubs have come back from the brink like this but it takes time. Noone wants to see a club fold so good luck to them in getting their club back on track. I think people should be less harsh on them and give more credit to the people actually there trying to get them out of the predicament they are in.

Danger signs were there when they bought a flag without having an under 18 side. Unfortunately, their cricket side is heading down the same path....surprise, surprise after trying to buy flags. Good club people get caught up in the whirlwind created by others who don 't have the best intentions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger signs were there when they bought a flag without having an under 18 side. Unfortunately, their cricket side is heading down the same path....surprise, surprise after trying to buy flags. Good club people get caught up in the whirlwind created by others who don 't have the best intentions.

the cricket club had one bad season mate, you cant say that theyre heading down the same path as the football side after 1 season

the cricket club had one bad season mate, you cant say that theyre heading down the same path as the football side after 1 season

My comment was that they are heading down the same path after trying to buy a flag. Are any of the players they went out and bought still there? Murray, Koliba, C Ford, K Ford, Smiljanic, Roach, Miller????? The Harrisons have now left and Anderson is going to leave. They will be in a lot of trouble this season in Div 2. Hey, don't get me wrong; good luck to them; i hope they don't fall upon tough times but the writing is on the wall and the challenge lies ahead for them and it is no coincidence that the story is similar to that which has be-fallen the football club. If i'm wrong, tell me.

Why should anyone feel sorry for Newcomb? They knew when they had the money that they'd have some success but they'd be in trouble when it ran out, there the only club in the bfl without under 18's and there 2 senior sides are averaging 200 point maulings each week, there just a rubbish club. The only thing ill applaud them on ( the players, not the people who run the club ) is that they continue to turn up each week and dont resort to going the knuckle which would be an easy thing to do when your losing by so much.

If my club went down the same path as Newcomb id be absolutely filthy and woudn't expect anyone to feel sorry for them.

Only 1 bad seaon maybe but gee whiz it was a fu$king terrible one mate and now look whats happened, basically all the 1's have walked out. Will struggle to win a game in div2 next season.

Yes, I feel for the players but not for the people running the club prior to this season.
The well is dry and stage 15 water restrictions are in at the Power.
Not a drop to be found.

maybe my comment about the cricket club was wrong but it really annoys me when people say shit about a club im so passionate about, every club goes through rebuilding stages and we have to go through one, we have a pretty good bunch of juniors that will play turf this year, and as far as i know we also have a pretty different committee too, sorry for taking the talk off footy lads but yeah

Has anyone heard anything about football geelong having a meeting this wedneday in regards to St Albans goin to the bfl and Geelong ammo's replacing them?

The bloke who told me about this could be having me on but he told me St Albans have told football geelong they wanna play bfl. If this is true, its weak as piss by St Albans but as i said i could be on the recieving end of a sick joke.

And if it is true why should ammo's be the side to replace them? If anyone comes in it has to be Ocean Grove. Ammo's in a stronger posistion at the moment but there dominance lately hasnt reflected in silverwear. My opinion is the grubbers should be strongly considered.

Anybody heard if this meeting actually took place or is it another factless rumor stirred up by a faceless individual to muck rake yet again. I see both Davenport & Barrett are playing for Bell Park this week. Didn't one of them supposely throw his jumper at the coach? I am told St Albans did have a club meeting on last Sunday but the imbecile from K Rock that masquerades as a St Joeys Reserves umpire reported "live" on K Roxk that the meeting was to oust the Coach. Do these people not know the they are affecting more than just the person they are attacking by making up false rumors. How hard was it for Milkey to go inside the rooms as ask someone instead of doing a "live cross" from the carpark. A little more care guys in what is said on this board would be handy. And maybe get off the couch and get involved in running a club instead of taking pot shots at those who are.

Anybody heard if this meeting actually took place or is it another factless rumor stirred up by a faceless individual to muck rake yet again. I see both Davenport & Barrett are playing for Bell Park this week. Didn't one of them supposely throw his jumper at the coach? I am told St Albans did have a club meeting on last Sunday but the imbecile from K Rock that masquerades as a St Joeys Reserves umpire reported "live" on K Roxk that the meeting was to oust the Coach. Do these people not know the they are affecting more than just the person they are attacking by making up false rumors. How hard was it for Milkey to go inside the rooms as ask someone instead of doing a "live cross" from the carpark. A little more care guys in what is said on this board would be handy. And maybe get off the couch and get involved in running a club instead of taking pot shots at those who are.

Is that a pot shot at me mate?? If you read back a few pages you should find that i am definately not a faceless indvidual. Didn't one of them supposedly throw his jumper at the coach? Nothin supposed about it coz it actually happened, ask tommahawk mate he plays out there. Davenport did ring grovey inquiring about the possibillitie of returning, again nothin made up there just pure fact. I bought up the rumour id heard about the meeting between Football Geelong and St Albans to see if anyone else had heard the same thing, who is that meant to hurt??

Potter left St Albans coz they told him they were chopping his $700 a game in half ( still far to much money for the fairy ). He told them he accepted that and that he understood there decision. Next day he's put in a clearance back to Greenvale. Feel free to correct me if im wrong on that.

Ps- sorry if this has offended anyone:eek:

the imbecile from K Rock that masquerades as a St Joeys Reserves umpire reported "live" on K Roxk that the meeting was to oust the Coach

No surprise why he is called "Milky"!!

I'm surprised there has been no talk of the Joeys vs South game. Apparently south having their entire first qtr score wiped for having 18 players on the field when one of their players had been yellow carded. Turns out that the score that they had wiped ended up being the difference between the two sides at the end of the game.

Is that a pot shot at me mate?? If you read back a few pages you should find that i am definately not a faceless indvidual. Didn't one of them supposedly throw his jumper at the coach? Nothin supposed about it coz it actually happened, ask tommahawk mate he plays out there. Davenport did ring grovey inquiring about the possibillitie of returning, again nothin made up there just pure fact. I bought up the rumour id heard about the meeting between Football Geelong and St Albans to see if anyone else had heard the same thing, who is that meant to hurt??

Potter left St Albans coz they told him they were chopping his $700 a game in half ( still far to much money for the fairy ). He told them he accepted that and that he understood there decision. Next day he's put in a clearance back to Greenvale. Feel free to correct me if im wrong on that.

Ps- sorry if this has offended anyone:eek:
I except your apology:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back