Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Lara's Martin Curtis has submitted a transfer to Thomson and speaking with a Lara official, they are at risk of losing Leigh Hardman also. Curtis' mate from Ballarat Trev Matthews as also transfered to Thomson who played at Newcomb last year with his brother (but was at Lara the year before) so he would be keen on heading across.

Both Curtis and Hardman are good players and were solid for the unsuccessful Cats last year (Curtis - past two years). Major loss for Lara who were looking to rebuild with a young core of players and with Hardman and Curtis possibly departing (both 20), it would alter plans for Dallas and the Lara caching staff.

I follow the Central Highlands Football League and have noticed Creswick have recruited several players from the Geelong area. Are there any standout players amongst them? Any info would be much appreciated
your stupid stupid stupid club is paying brad scrown and W.Kerr actual money to play football. like i mean real money... Silly stuff

Just reading previous posts, and i stumbled across this 1 and started laughing! Your one of the 1's that left bono (LM)! Went to Drysdale. On the GDFL thread you get a really good rap, you should go have a look! Your out now! Oh and you do have freckles!
youve embarresed youself for long enough on here jervies.. hang the keyboard up and going hang with crackers from the gdfl section

I see that Lara's Martin Curtis has submitted a transfer to Thomson and speaking with a Lara official, they are at risk of losing Leigh Hardman also. Curtis' mate from Ballarat Trev Matthews as also transfered to Thomson who played at Newcomb last year with his brother (but was at Lara the year before) so he would be keen on heading across.

Both Curtis and Hardman are good players and were solid for the unsuccessful Cats last year (Curtis - past two years). Major loss for Lara who were looking to rebuild with a young core of players and with Hardman and Curtis possibly departing (both 20), it would alter plans for Dallas and the Lara caching staff.
your nothing short of a complete w***er

I follow the Central Highlands Football League and have noticed Creswick have recruited several players from the Geelong area. Are there any standout players amongst them? Any info would be much appreciated
none of them mate, your wasting your money if your involved with creswick. if not dont be too concerned about them when you play them!

forrest beat bannockburn on the weekend in a 6 qtr match but ended up being only a 5 qtr match in the end cause bannockburn got some injures

your stupid stupid stupid club is paying brad scrown and W.Kerr actual money to play football. like i mean real money... Silly stuff
They're not my club mate. I played for Bungaree for a couple of years with their coach Glenn Kerr (I would go to war with this man) I don't know if he's orchestrated the recruiting from your area or not. W Kerr might be a relative of his. From what you and others have said in your posts it just sounds like same old Creswick to me. They haven't won a Senior premiership since 1987 and don't look like they're going to add to that tally any time soon. Thanks for the info:thumbsu:

Heard from Ben Rowe a player at GWSP, that Big Rick Wilde went on a family holiday to bali, and since the plane trip home, his knee has swelled up to a ridiculous size. Apparently they are very doubtful as too whether he will be able to play a game this year...

and some how i doubt there is any sympathy from Newtown players towards him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Curto and Trev looking pretty good on the track, and Curto got plenty of the pill on Sat in a praccy against Modda

Although noone really scored Sebastapol would have been roughly 5 goals up on Drysdale at the end of the game last weekend. Coach Wade Chapman didn't seem too fussed, they had a lot of their good players and recruits not playing. However Corey Chapman and Tony Costa both played and were both well below par. Very, very quiet. Bono didn't play either for you forum followers. Maybe he really has gone missing since his cover was blown?

Heard from Ben Rowe a player at GWSP, that Big Rick Wilde went on a family holiday to bali, and since the plane trip home, his knee has swelled up to a ridiculous size. Apparently they are very doubtful as too whether he will be able to play a game this year...

Or Leopold Players!

Never going to live that down are you Toff... lol

How are the Lions going? Picked up a few players. Rennie Watts? Sam Hickleton? The young Aboriginal boy from NT? How are they all looking?

yeah the lions are looking ok whispers. pretty fit this season have been working very hard over pre-season, new blokes on board know what there on about. got a praccy against drysdale this weekend so will be a good hitout.

i was speakin to a mate from north shore and he said they beat grovedale by a couple of goals on saturday

that would be a big result for north shore if they did win. is there any truth to the rumour that north shore are taking in house bets on which clubs they dont think they can score against?? heard from the grapevine they are not too confident against some of the stronger teams like south barwon and bell park...

i bumped into rick wilde the other day and he seemed to be ok didnt notice if his knee was swollen but seemed to be moving fine...

Can anyone confirm that Newcomd are putting together "Dad's Army". I have heard a few names tossed about that are training over there and not one is younger than 35 with a couple 40+.

If Newcomb put together a dad's army should be a good game versus Drysdale with some of the old men they will have out there

Any names???

its good that newcomb looks like actually fielding a team this year even if some of the players may be getting on in years. as for drysdale i will get back to you on the 'old men' as have them in a praccy game this weekend.

How is Greaves been accepted at Leopold? I hear they have a ex army general as the new fitness advisor? should be "well drilled then"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back