Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Greaves been accepted at Leopold? I hear they have a ex army general as the new fitness advisor? should be "well drilled then"?
greaves has been accepted as part of the furniture at leopold. has bought alot of good ideas along so will hopefully see an improved leopold side on the park this season. the fitness advisor has got the boys looking trim and fit, is ex-army fitness but doesnt push the boys to extremes just expects them to give it eveything.

whispers, i think you'll find that hardman is yet to miss a training session at the cattery and is no chance of leaving this season unless something terrible happens.

I see that Lara's Martin Curtis has submitted a transfer to Thomson and speaking with a Lara official, they are at risk of losing Leigh Hardman also. Curtis' mate from Ballarat Trev Matthews as also transfered to Thomson who played at Newcomb last year with his brother (but was at Lara the year before) so he would be keen on heading across.

Both Curtis and Hardman are good players and were solid for the unsuccessful Cats last year (Curtis - past two years). Major loss for Lara who were looking to rebuild with a young core of players and with Hardman and Curtis possibly departing (both 20), it would alter plans for Dallas and the Lara caching staff.

I don't know where the Newcomb's Dad army term has come from because it is a very young side. I actually played in the practice game in Lorne Saturday and it was relatively young side with a mixture of guys in their late 20's. We played Lorne and probably lost by 5-6 goals no one was actually scoring and it was over 6 quarters.

Has anyone heard the outcome of Drysdale against Leopold on the weekend. How did any new recruits go for either clubs?
it was a win to leopold over 6 quarters both sides had alot missing through easter and injuries. both sides had a fair crack and leopold managed to finish the stronger in the end. wasnt many new recruits playing for leopold really but the north shore recruits for drysdale had plenty of the ball.

Heard from Ben Rowe a player at GWSP, that Big Rick Wilde went on a family holiday to bali, and since the plane trip home, his knee has swelled up to a ridiculous size. Apparently they are very doubtful as too whether he will be able to play a game this year...

and some how i doubt there is any sympathy from Newtown players towards him.

was talkin to rick wilde last nite and he will be up and ready 4 round 1

good to see t.stott back at his best hes of the piss trainin really hard and is a big candidate 2 take over the captaincy at the rooster cage good luck 4 the season tyson...

Has anybody got any results of practice matches from the GFL?

grovedale played modewarre on monday
in the ressies grovey smashed modda by alot and in the seniors grovey just beat modda by bout a couple of pts after grovey kicked the 1st 4 goals of the game...some of the grovey boys reckon modda will make the 5 this year with kent butcher gettin a few kicks on monday and few of the other new recurits and the same old same old for grovey they will be fightin for the 5th spot on the ladder
GO ANGLESEA:thumbsu:

Just heard a word that the GWSP and Ammos praccy match has been moved to Werribee (must be Centrals ground as VFL's at Chirnside Park on Saturday)

Big weekend of praccy matches for GFL club... I think all 12 clubs are in action...

Geez, Newtown are on rhe ball. St Bernards agree to play a praccy against them, then they lose their "gun" ruckman to them not long after.
Good old Mooka, he either has the gift of the gab, or simply money does talk! Quoted from today's Herald-sun.

Geez, Newtown are on rhe ball. St Bernards agree to play a praccy against them, then they lose their "gun" ruckman to them not long after.
Good old Mooka, he either has the gift of the gab, or simply money does talk! Quoted from today's Herald-sun.

Pity Terry Bright hasn't coached them since 2006...love how the Herald-Sun tries to embrace the country, but f#@ks things up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that rumour was quashed the other day... all good.

Good to see you sorted that one out Whispers. Now perhaps you can shed some light on the rumour that that perennial seconds player at Joeys (Adam Vaughan) is looking to head North .... to Mill Road !!!!!

Money talks....

bell park beat camperdown by about 25 goals with all the new guns on display. tim sheringham kicked 6 and was playing in the middle when he kicked most of them, will certainly be one to watch...

Good to see you sorted that one out Whispers. Now perhaps you can shed some light on the rumour that that perennial seconds player at Joeys (Adam Vaughan) is looking to head North .... to Mill Road !!!!!

He's moved to Mount Isa in QLD for work commitments! Unlikely!

I'm suprised that nothings been said on this thread about Matty Dillion leaving Bell Park and heading for Hepburn in the CHFL. Im told he didnt want to leave but as he doesnt have a full time job, the cash was to hard to pass up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back