Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the Pres, Toot Toot grow some balls mate and post something that's actually truthful or humourous. your attempts so far have been below standard and just a little bit of info, Greaves played about 15 games for the year, and was the leading sides most dangerous forward winning several games off his own boot.

Reason enough to select him in the team of the year if you ask me!!

Also Peter O'Brien would get a game in my team any day over "Pump It".

rocky17 said:
I agree with the Pres, Toot Toot grow some balls mate and post something that's actually truthful or humourous. your attempts so far have been below standard and just a little bit of info, Greaves played about 15 games for the year, and was the leading sides most dangerous forward winning several games off his own boot.

is that supposed to be some kind of sick joke??

toot_toot said:
If Aaron Greaves can play 10 games and captain the side, why cant number 23 and 28 from the Dragon Wwagon feature in the team of the year. #28 (not sure of his name) had a steller year, before letting it slip towards the end. But remeber round 3, he played on Fopiani and actually sliced him up, through the stomach and lungs. And #23, is this kid the fastest player over 20 metres in the league? He almost won Bell Park the game against Leopold when all seemed lost, the small forward sparked the game alight with blistering speed? Comments/Feedback........???
Wouldn't have thought so Toot toot!!! You have just given everyone a lesson in humour gone wrong. :thumbsdown:

Young Pres said:
Just one. Your a ********...

Congrats on the 1000th post their guys! Great work to you also YP! Its fantastic to see you usually post without you 'Bell Park Blinkers' on...

rocky17 said:

Get real Rocky, Tim Mclean, Nathan Reid and Jake Carmody are more "dangerous" forwards than Greaves. Why I hear you ask? Cause they actually kick the goals, check the goal kicking table. On your theory Brent "G-Train" Grgic should be full foward cause he kicked the same amount as Greaves, is his sides most dangerous forward and won games of his own boot! Do a bit of reseach before you post again!

WildJohn said:
Get real Rocky, Tim Mclean, Nathan Reid and Jake Carmody are more "dangerous" forwards than Greaves. Why I hear you ask? Cause they actually kick the goals, check the goal kicking table. On your theory Brent "G-Train" Grgic should be full foward cause he kicked the same amount as Greaves, is his sides most dangerous forward and won games of his own boot! Do a bit of research before you post again!

WildJohn, Greaves would play centre half forward in any side in the comp.

Also it was the fact that you failed to properly research the facts that prompted me to post my reply in the first place so let's not get hypocritical!!

Agree with you wildjohn its the team of the YEAR so surely the leagues leading goalkicker makes it on the ground. As for tomorrows game I'm tipping an upset with the tigers getting up by around two goals, which could make for an interesting Grand Final (Bolton Vs Carson).

i can verify that in a couple days buck2323 as he is building at my house along with bluey
so ill ask him in a couple days mate

I have listed the likely coaching appointments for teams in the gfl and gdfl. Can anyone fill in the gaps or tell me any different:
GFL
Bell Park: ????
Colac: Pekin
Geelong West: Riccardi-Gilham(Werribee Centrals)??
Grovedale: Mensch
Lara: Normington
Leopold: Maston-Brown
Newtown: Travis Robertson??
North Shore: Glen Keast??
St. Albans: Brad Scholl??
St.Josephs: Greaves
St.Marys: ???
Sth Barwon: Amos

GDFL
Anakie: ??
Bannock: Sheedy
Belmont: Edwards??
Bell Post: Lewis or Skrobalak(Torquay)??
Corio: Bissett
Centrals: ??
East: Beamond(Geelong West assist)???
Geelong West: Allthorpe(Bell Park U/18) ??
Inverleigh: Stone-Russell
Nth Geel: Advertised in paper??
Thomson: Harriot
Winch: Price

Lately i feel its my job to report on the happenings of late night activities so heres a couple of interesting ones from the weekend...

I reported about 2 weeks ago that an ocean grove 2's player was involved in some very randy activity on the Eureka dance floor, well he has been at it again...at least this time he chose a sligtly more appropriate place for his activities (a lane way close by)
It seems that something might have to be done about this as he is becoming more and more frequent with these shannanigans

Bell Park reserves players were out drowning their sorrows from the loss to Newtown, as this one has also happened b4 but "Hillshan's" stomach has again given way meaning more work for the Eureka cleaning staff..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to have missed one vital event from the weekends late night activites. This one involved a certain Bell Park Junior coach who given the recent punishement handed down to Gary Neiwand might face some jail time.

This is due to the fact that this young fellow who has recently celebrated his 21st putting on a stalking and tagging performance that Gary Neiwand and Kangaroos tagger Brady Rawlings would be proud of.

The unfortunate receipant who is a current Bell Park Netball player and sibling of a current Bell Park reserves player was seen repeatedly trying to shake off his approaches on the Eureka dancefloor without much success. The message to this young fella, you better get on your bike and cycle away before you suffer the same fate as Gary Neiwand.

Daisy_13 said:
Cam the bruce could you please confirm for me who the lucky lady that Brad was engaging in the "physical activity" with.

It could of been one of three or four daisy, but lucky for him it was his part time girl friend Bec Foye

rocky17 said:

Also it was the fact that you failed to properly research the facts that prompted me to post my reply in the first place so let's not get hypocritical!!
Rocky,
There is no doubt Greaves would play at Centre-Half Forward or Full Forward for that matter at any side he went to in GFL the man is a gun. However his year this year compared to others in the competition was not as good. If you can't realise that then you are kidding yourself. The team of the year should be picked on those who have great consistent years. I think everyone would agree on that. Therefore McLean can consider himself extremely unlucky not to be in the team.

rocky17 said:

couldnt agree more rocky. Infact i feel that if joeys are to win this weekend the big man has to extend his dukes and kick five. Clearly has the potential to do it , but will he be more focused on the caoching job?

a quiet rumor coming from the den... andrew bews considering coaching leopold next year... also a few of the big name players are coming back to play for the green and gold next season 2. only rumors at this stage

Does anyone know a gent called Justin Edmonds? He apparently won the Bell Post Hill Reserves B&F in 2005. I knew him when he played over in Horsham. Wondering if he would be a worthwhile investment for a country senior side on the Murray?

football finatic said:
a quiet rumor coming from the den... andrew bews considering coaching leopold next year... also a few of the big name players are coming back to play for the green and gold next season 2. only rumors at this stage

Doubt it, they say that every single year and I'm yet to see a first rate player play for them in the last 10 yrs, apart from maybe, Wilde...

baa77 said:
I have listed the likely coaching appointments for teams in the gfl and gdfl. Can anyone fill in the gaps or tell me any different:
GFL
Bell Park: ????
Colac: Pekin
Geelong West: Riccardi-Gilham(Werribee Centrals)??
Grovedale: Mensch
Lara: Normington
Leopold: Maston-Brown
Newtown: Travis Robertson??
North Shore: Glen Keast??
St. Albans: Brad Scholl??
St.Josephs: Greaves
St.Marys: ???
Sth Barwon: Amos

GDFL
Anakie: ??
Bannock: Sheedy
Belmont: Edwards??
Bell Post: Lewis or Skrobalak(Torquay)??
Corio: Bissett
Centrals: ??
East: Beamond(Geelong West assist)???
Geelong West: Allthorpe(Bell Park U/18) ??
Inverleigh: Stone-Russell
Nth Geel: Advertised in paper??
Thomson: Harriot
Winch: Price

Can anyone tell if the rumours of the Hoppers Crossing Football Club joining the GFL are true???? Is anyone in the know about it???

lions_man1 said:
Doubt it, they say that every single year and I'm yet to see a first rate player play for them in the last 10 yrs, apart from maybe, Wilde...

Don't rate Brown????

tony brown is a great player... watched a few of his games this yr and deserved the B&F. ive heard they are trying to recruit a few players from weribee and a few top name GFL players. I also know that they have lost a few of their younger kids as they are fed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back