Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
baa77 said:
I have listed the likely coaching appointments for teams in the gfl and gdfl. Can anyone fill in the gaps or tell me any different:
GFL
Bell Park: ????
Colac: Pekin
Geelong West: Riccardi-Gilham(Werribee Centrals)??
Grovedale: Mensch
Lara: Normington
Leopold: Maston-Brown
Newtown: Travis Robertson??
North Shore: Glen Keast??
St. Albans: Brad Scholl??
St.Josephs: Greaves
St.Marys: ???
Sth Barwon: Amos

GDFL
Anakie: ??
Bannock: Sheedy
Belmont: Edwards??
Bell Post: Lewis or Skrobalak(Torquay)??
Corio: Bissett
Centrals: ??
East: Beamond(Geelong West assist)???
Geelong West: Allthorpe(Bell Park U/18) ??
Inverleigh: Stone-Russell
Nth Geel: Advertised in paper??
Thomson: Harriot
Winch: Price

are u sure about andy althorpe at Geelong west??

The Hulkster said:
That is just not true, a local club like Geelong Amateurs has been trying for years and cant get in so i doubt Hoppers will.

Stuff that. There is no way i'm driving to Hoppers Crossing to play. Put them in the GDFL where they belong.

By the way there are three names from which one or more will become coach of Bell Park. They are:
John Fitzgerald
James Byrne
Nathan Saunders

An outsider that keeps getting mentioned to is:
Steven Kretiuk

As I said the new coach will be announced a week from today at 5:30pm.

Young Pres said:
Stuff that. There is no way i'm driving to Hoppers Crossing to play. Put them in the GDFL where they belong.

By the way there are three names from which one or more will become coach of Bell Park. They are:
John Fitzgerald
James Byrne
Nathan Saunders

An outsider that keeps getting mentioned to is:
Steven Kretiuk

As I said the new coach will be announced a week from today at 5:30pm.

hoppers is closer than colac pres or do you refuse to play there as well??.........

The GFL doesn't need Hopper's, it would bring the credibility of the league down if they joined. also the place is a hole!!

Any tips for the big game tomorrow boys?

Joeys v South.

should be a cracker.

rocky17 said:
The GFL doesn't need Hopper's, it would bring the credibility of the league down if they joined. also the place is a hole!!

Joeys v South.

should be a cracker.

I will predict a close contest with Joeys to create a margin during the third quarter due to speed and fitness then they will with hold a South Barwon attack in the final quarter and win by 3 -4 goals. Best on ground to either Kirsten Hood or Shannon Leach!!

hehehe:D

Whispers said:
I will predict a close contest with Joeys to create a margin during the third quarter due to speed and fitness then they will with hold a South Barwon attack in the final quarter and win by 3 -4 goals. Best on ground to either Kirsten Hood or Shannon Leach!!

hehehe:D

Are you incinuating that these players are girls??

rocky17 said:

Joeys v South.

should be a cracker.

Joeys must win this game or lose all credibility. No Amos and Reid (Broken Hand - 5 weeks, Medial Ligament -8 weeks) swings the game heavily towards Joeys.

In the ressies, South Barwon in my opinion will win their only Grand Final for the day (except maybe netball). They will come out tough and scare Newtown back into the changerooms. Must say this shouldn't be the grand final as Bell Parks lapse last week cost it it's rightful place but Newtown perhaps do deserve it. Couple of big names to watch are Chittenden for South who ammases kicks in the backline and McArthur for Newtown. This kid is 18, is about 6'4 and weighs about 95kilos. Has awesome hands but his kicking really lets him down (ie misses from 10m out)

On another note, SWANEE there is no way Hoppers Crossing is coming anywhere near the GFL so piss off to what ever $hit league you came from...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young Pres said:
Joeys must win this game or lose all credibility. No Amos and Reid (Broken Hand - 5 weeks, Medial Ligament -8 weeks) swings the game heavily towards Joeys.

In the ressies, South Barwon in my opinion will win their only Grand Final for the day (except maybe netball). They will come out tough and scare Newtown back into the changerooms. Must say this shouldn't be the grand final as Bell Parks lapse last week cost it it's rightful place but Newtown perhaps do deserve it. Couple of big names to watch are Chittenden for South who ammases kicks in the backline and McArthur for Newtown. This kid is 18, is about 6'4 and weighs about 95kilos. Has awesome hands but his kicking really lets him down (ie misses from 10m out)

On another note, SWANEE there is no way Hoppers Crossing is coming anywhere near the GFL so piss off to what ever $hit league you came from...
young pres suprise suprise i come from gfl maybe gwsp might give you a clue as to were info comes from believe me its true you
will find a meeting of all club pre. will be called next week (keep calm mate abuse helps no one

SWANNEES said:
young pres suprise suprise i come from gfl maybe gwsp might give you a clue as to were info comes from believe me its true you
will find a meeting of all club pre. will be called next week (keep calm mate abuse helps no one

I wasn't being abusive I was just expressing the feelings of everyone in the GFL. If Hoppers is joining the GFL it would have had to pass the GFL's promotion standards. I believe its along the lines of participating in its leagues last 5 Grand Finals and winning 3 of them at least. Has Hoppers done this and what league is it from? I believe if they hadn't done this and they were allowed in it would give grounds for Geelong Ammos to sue the GFL. This isn't a decision the GFL would take lightly...

Young Pres said:
I wasn't being abusive I was just expressing the feelings of everyone in the GFL. If Hoppers is joining the GFL it would have had to pass the GFL's promotion standards. I believe its along the lines of participating in its leagues last 5 Grand Finals and winning 3 of them at least. Has Hoppers done this and what league is it from? I believe if they hadn't done this and they were allowed in it would give grounds for Geelong Ammos to sue the GFL. This isn't a decision the GFL would take lightly...

Who gives a rats about hoppers , lets talk grand finals. My tip St Josephs by 23 points and Josh Rudd in a best on ground performance with 5, that is one man who would love nothing more than a big stage. He will help bring home the cup back to drew reserve as all is ready for a massive night at JOEY LAND.

Paul Hood to be heavily tagged due to a stellar performance last time these two teams met which will also allow the likes of Jackman , Jenkinson and miller to run riot on a big ground.

Young Pres said:

HOPPERS RECENT RECORD 2001=2ND 2002=PREMIERS 2003=2ND
2004=PREMIERS 2005=3RD 2006= 2ND
PLAY IN WRFL (WESTERN REGION ) TOLD HAVE LICENSED CLUB POKIES TAB ETC AND ARE TO START 200 SEAT SOCIAL CLUB DOUBLE STORIE
NEXT YEAR AND HAVE ALREADY HAD MEETING WITH GFL AND AS STATED AT START **IF ACCEPTED BY GFL ** REGARDS

SWANNEES said:
HOPPERS RECENT RECORD 2001=2ND 2002=PREMIERS 2003=2ND
2004=PREMIERS 2005=3RD 2006= 2ND
PLAY IN WRFL (WESTERN REGION ) TOLD HAVE LICENSED CLUB POKIES TAB ETC AND ARE TO START 200 SEAT SOCIAL CLUB DOUBLE STORIE
NEXT YEAR AND HAVE ALREADY HAD MEETING WITH GFL AND AS STATED AT START **IF ACCEPTED BY GFL ** REGARDS

Just quietly there is a big difference in the WRFL and Victorias best country league the GFL. Try the GDFL mate coz there is no room in the GFL especially when we have powerhouses just waiting such as torquay in the BFL.

Flat Track Bully said:
Let's hope Joeys 17 years of misery continues for another year...

Never thought I'd say this, but go Barwon-Belmont! (can't being myself to write go sb!)

Never will it continue it for another year and when joeys do take it home and the big G-TRAIN and COBBER are standing on the dias misery will no longer be in the St Josephs dictionary. GO JOEYS

yableeeet said:
Just quietly there is a big difference in the WRFL and Victorias best country league the GFL. Try the GDFL mate coz there is no room in the GFL especially when we have powerhouses just waiting such as torquay in the BFL.

hoppers would be far to good for the gdfl and probably the bfl. having been involved in both league i agree there is a considerable difference between the 2 leagues. i reckon hoppers would be a mid range side in the gfl and push for finals but not much more, assuming they keep their current playing list, which mind you is getting a little long in the tooth. if they did get into the gfl and lost some key players eg, carson boys, who are beating chased by gwsp, they would slide very quickly.
but they are so cashed up they would find someone else to buy to get them through.
for the record, i think hoppers should not be admitted to the gfl, they should stay in the wrfl.

yableeeet said:

Did i just read you right...i hope i didnt see you say Torquay are a powerhouse. If you want to look at a powerhouse in the BFL the only club that would go close to qualifying would be Ocean Grove. When you have a record similar to the Grubbers then you may start making those kind of statements, but untill then (which will be some time off) i suggest you try and keep Torquay from joining your mates from Lorne in the Colac & District League.

SWANNEES said:
ROCKY 17 ROCKS ARE USUALLY FOUND IN **holes **ARE YOU AFRAID THEY MIGHT GO OK WHEN ACCEPTED

^^^

My nomination for worst post of the month!!

Also, isn't the WRFL the league that the infamous Hammerheads played in??
I remember the likes of chicken ripping that comp to shreds haha.

rocky17 said:
^^^

My nomination for worst post of the month!!

Also, isn't the WRFL the league that the infamous Hammerheads played in??
I remember the likes of chicken ripping that comp to shreds haha.

i'll vote for that as worst post of the month for sure. to be fair the hammerheads were in western region divi two but hoppers in the gfl? give me a break! will not happen in 2007 and probably not eva.

does adrian selvakumaran still play for them? tim nyssen? "piggy" o'reagan? perhaps someone in the know could shed some light on these former superstars for the hoppers roos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back