Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Cail has gone to Maroopna in the GVFL. Probably right about Grovedale actually. I forgot about Poon and the Bird brothers going to Torquay, along with Burrows and O'Brien. I do like the inclusions of Baars, Edwards, Taylor, Raidme and Pete Davenport. Considering they have lost a lot of key position players, i might place them between Lara and St. Marys.

Lara will improve a lot this year but not at the same rate as GWSP. Lara's biggest problem, as some has mentioned before, who will kick the goals? Sleeman down back will be handy but you don't win games by defending goals.

St. Mary's have lost too much. They may have good players but they will be filling in positions with players who aren't ready for seniors. Might get away with that in the GDFL, possibley BFL but not GFL.

two very good posts, i like it.

Jimmy Cail has gone to Maroopna in the GVFL. Probably right about Grovedale actually. I forgot about Poon and the Bird brothers going to Torquay, along with Burrows and O'Brien. I do like the inclusions of Baars, Edwards, Taylor, Raidme and Pete Davenport. Considering they have lost a lot of key position players, i might place them between Lara and St. Marys.

Lara will improve a lot this year but not at the same rate as GWSP. Lara's biggest problem, as some has mentioned before, who will kick the goals? Sleeman down back will be handy but you don't win games by defending goals.

St. Mary's have lost too much. They may have good players but they will be filling in positions with players who aren't ready for seniors. Might get away with that in the GDFL, possibley BFL but not GFL.

Whispers, I don't know who you think you are but you don't have the slighest clue as to what is going on at St. Mary's. Jim Cail has not missed a session since November and is heavily involved in the club off the field as well. SM have lost a lot depth but they have covered a lot of departures. Andrew McLean (VFL), Simon Fletcher (ex-AFL), Mark Trevaskis (VFL), Cody Watson (Torq premiership player), Matt Primmer (BFL league b&f winner). If you watched last weekend's practise match you would have noticed that 12 SM players were called upon to fill in for Geelong's VFL side against Northern Bullants. With two new coaches, the squad is absolutely buzzing and is in better shape than last year. A certainty to make the five. Do your research mate and stop claiming to be a GFL guru!

Whispers, I don't know who you think you are but you don't have the slighest clue as to what is going on at St. Mary's. Jim Cail has not missed a session since November and is heavily involved in the club off the field as well. SM have lost a lot depth but they have covered a lot of departures. Andrew McLean (VFL), Simon Fletcher (ex-AFL), Mark Trevaskis (VFL), Cody Watson (Torq premiership player), Matt Primmer (BFL league b&f winner). If you watched last weekend's practise match you would have noticed that 12 SM players were called upon to fill in for Geelong's VFL side against Northern Bullants. With two new coaches, the squad is absolutely buzzing and is in better shape than last year. A certainty to make the five. Do your research mate and stop claiming to be a GFL guru!

Lucky.. I'm sorry, I meant Cox instead of Cail! Complete mistake and I appoligise for that! Complete mistake.

I'm by far from a guru Lucky. I basically regurgatate what I hear from my mates who play at the clubs. That is my research. I have been speaking to two St. Mary's blokes and they said they have no where near the team they had last year. Compared to years gone by, they aren't the team they were. Both are concered that with other teams improving that Mary's will slip below and may struggle.

You can have all the replacements you like Lucky and they may have a great footballing resume but that means squat if they don't play like a team. Ask Bell Park players... had one of, if not, the best lists in the league last year and they were claiming to be finaly playing like a team in round 16!! Too late.

I'll stick to my word Lucky. Hopefully I'll eat my words and see $t. Mary'$ rise. As I said, these opinions I post are coming from players at the club/s!!

Hey boys, dont forget when your thinking about newtown, that we also got tommy lyons and about 4 other pretty decent plasyers from the SANFL. Everything is looking very promising atm. and with a very strong defence led by condy, goodwin and corneby. a midfield led by mcvilly, chapman and humm, and a potent fward line with the likes of betts, bright and braddock and o'dwyer boys. Not to mention Big Rick Wilde in the square. I feel sorry for anyone having to play on him...cos he is MASSIVE.
Just watch out for newtown this year, cos they will be very close in ever game this year.

whispers is the king of this thread, i reckon 95% of the stuff he says comes true and he writes stuff that includes a lot of clubs across the three leagues where as everyone else just posts about theyre own club. pipe down lucky when you can come up with the stuff he does then maybe we'll listen until then show the great man whispers some respect...

Mark Trevaskis (VFL), !

Do your research Lucky. Mark Trevaskis is from Geelong Amateurs not VFL although he did have a year at Geelong about 4 or so years ago. He didnt play last year due to osteitis pubis. I would be very surprised if he left Ammos as he has played there since u 13's, plus his old man would probably kill him if he did. He is ammos through and through.

Then again you never know.

Do your research Lucky. Mark Trevaskis is from Geelong Amateurs not VFL although he did have a year at Geelong about 4 or so years ago. He didnt play last year due to osteitis pubis. I would be very surprised if he left Ammos as he has played there since u 13's, plus his old man would probably kill him if he did. He is ammos through and through.

Then again you never know.

Once upon a time, i *knew* his sister very, very well

Lads obviously practice matches are up and going anyone know any results? Heard leopold, Bell Park and Red west played on weekend,

Lads obviously practice matches are up and going anyone know any results? Heard leopold, Bell Park and Red west played on weekend,

couldnt tell you the scores but bell park thumped camperdown in six quarters yesterday...wouldve been at least a 15 goal win i wouldve tought, probably more.

Modewarre will be the dark horses in the BFL this year because of there players there gettin this year......they hav a few blokes from Cairns cuming down to play for them and a few blokes from the GFL and pretty good GFL players aswell.....So look out for Modewarre this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Modewarre will be the dark horses in the BFL this year because of there players there gettin this year......they hav a few blokes from Cairns cuming down to play for them and a few blokes from the GFL and pretty good GFL players aswell.....So look out for Modewarre this year​
We've been hearing this for about 6 years down at the "scumdogs" i think all you modda people should wait and see how you go before making any predictions.

You're putting Tony Lockett and Rick Wilde in the same sentence.. There is some rot posted on this thread but this...... this tops it!

I beg to differ.

I meant in that Lockett was overweight and slow as well (like Wilde) so a lot of oppostion defenders used to try and run off him as a tactic. But he still managed to kick plenty of goals.

If you knew a little bit about footy mate you would have understood the comparision. Obviously you dont.

who were the better players junior? who kicked the goals? how many points did ross dillon kick?

Ross did kick a few points tomma but he was definately one of the more dominant players on the day....to be honest the game wasnt a great one to watch due to the lack of opposition really and the terrible conditions but i did take a keen interest in the younger players playing. Nick Talarico and Will Newton put in good performances as well as young Blake Nelis from the U/18s who got a few touches playing his first senior game.

who were the better players junior? who kicked the goals? how many points did ross dillon kick?

I did here one of the players managed to kick four easy goals. Not sure of his name. Word also was that Bell Park rested a lot of their important players, telling them not to even bother coming down for the trip..

I did here one of the players managed to kick four easy goals. Not sure of his name. Word also was that Bell Park rested a lot of their important players, telling them not to even bother coming down for the trip..

well well well young pres back from a long lay off...

yeh i heard one of them was banged home from inside the centre square! dont think hes decided where to donate the cash for the supergoal yet...

In regards to Rick Wilde...Not many could believe it but he actually ran 9.8 in a beap test. in hard conditions. He finished about 5th last but its still a decent effort giving how much he has to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back