Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WADE CHAPMAN --

Played for north shore in the 90's. kicked something like 5 goals in a Grand Final at age 15. got drafted to sydney. was the one who passed to plugga when he kicked that point that meant a GF spot. got injured and was drafted to port adelaide. injured again didnt get a game. delisted. came back to shore. he is a gun. not sure if hes related to that bris player. i can tell you hes is one of the best local players ive seen and is a top notch bloke.

GO SHORIES!

jacko_cats said:
WADE CHAPMAN --

Played for north shore in the 90's. kicked something like 5 goals in a Grand Final at age 15. got drafted to sydney. was the one who passed to plugga when he kicked that point that meant a GF spot. got injured and was drafted to port adelaide. injured again didnt get a game. delisted. came back to shore. he is a gun. not sure if hes related to that bris player. i can tell you hes is one of the best local players ive seen and is a top notch bloke.

GO SHORIES!

That is billy nichols!! haha pitty u dont know anything about the players at ur club!

sticko_64 said:
certainly sounds like Billy Nichols. Was that against West Saints?

Was Nichols. He was drafted in 2000 and he played in the Granny against Geelong West in 1997 (age 15). Chapman was drafted in 93 to Sydney.

I hear North Shore's Luke Parker has signed with North Geelong! What happened there? Was it because Parks was playing ressies and not seniors?? Will be very handy for the Maggies! They had a good win over Banno on the weekend.. looking promising.

Also, Renwick Watts has put in a clearence to goto Leopold! Was at Werribee last year and this year! Would be a huge player for Leopold since they struggle to find a target at CHF. Good work the Pold in snatching Rennie.

sticko_64 said:
Is he at all related to St Albans Chris Parker? I have no clue! All I know is he is from the same club. Renwick would be a very good recruit. I remember his from Colac juniors and he was very hard to match up on

Luke Parker and Chris Parker are no relation, Luke is originally from st. josephs but came across because of mates.

Whispers said:
Was Nichols. He was drafted in 2000 and he played in the Granny against Geelong West in 1997 (age 15). Chapman was drafted in 93 to Sydney.

In 1996, North Shore beat GWSP, but Billy didn't kick 5 that day, in 1997, North Shore beat St.Joeys and in 98 North Shore beat South Barwon (I think). I reckon it was in the 98 decider he kicked 5, but he would have been 16.

And no, Wade and Nathan Champman are not related

Heard a strong rumour during the week that James Rahilly will don the boots for Queenscliff next year, quite possibly as playing coach !!!!!

He would have to command quite a few $$$$, but I'm pretty sure the Coutas are cashed up.

Is the pocket rocket Johnny OBrien getting a kick this year. Very handy footballer i have heard??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flat Track Bully said:
In 1996, North Shore beat GWSP, but Billy didn't kick 5 that day, in 1997, North Shore beat St.Joeys and in 98 North Shore beat South Barwon (I think). I reckon it was in the 98 decider he kicked 5, but he would have been 16.

And no, Wade and Nathan Champman are not related

Bill played in the Nth Shore v GWSP granny and he kicked 3-4 from CHF, he hasnt grown since!

pudski poodlers said:
who r the top 5 players in the gfl at the moment

1. Tony Brown (should be everyones no. 1)
2. Craig Biddiscome (provides drive from the backline for the Swans)
3. Luke Forbes (great start to the season with 3/3 best ons including the gfl vs bfl game)
4. Jason McNamara (huge influence in Colac's rise)
5. Trav Woodsman/Jim Cail/David Mensch (tough call for 5th)

Watched the Halloran boys, Andy and John in action for Echuca on the weekend. Andy played well in the first quarter before doing an ankle, while John got plenty of the footy on a wing.

Whispers said:
1. Tony Brown (should be everyones no. 1)
2. Craig Biddiscome (provides drive from the backline for the Swans)
3. Luke Forbes (great start to the season with 3/3 best ons including the gfl vs bfl game)
4. Jason McNamara (huge influence in Colac's rise)
5. Trav Woodsman/Jim Cail/David Mensch (tough call for 5th)

You missed the best defender in the GFL in Bernie Lynch! What would be your top 5 non AFL players in the GFL atm?

dcshoecousa said:
You missed the best defender in the GFL in Bernie Lynch! What would be your top 5 non AFL players in the GFL atm?

1. Luke Forbes (StJ)
2. Jason McNamara (Co)
3. Jim Cail (StM)
4. Trav Woodsman (Co)
5. Daniel Sullivan (Sth B)

Haven't seen Bernie play yet.. is a good player. Who are some of his sculps for the year?

hilly21 said:
i think sam chapman shoud be in there!!

Bendigo Football League club Golden Square stretched their record to 7-1 today aided by the performance of ex North Shore legend Glenn Keast.

He continued on his form from last week against West Saints.

Great addition to the square and the BFL in general!

Great to see Portarlington record their first win of the year.

However, the interest was in the name Scott Allen kicking seven goals. Logic tells me that Scotty might have been playing his first game in the Blue and Red for a while (ie 1992/93 ish).

A great fella, and if he is back at Port, a great boost for the club.

Other interest was Leopold's hammering of GWSP...can the Pold steal a finals berth in 2006, or if not, shape the finals?

Has anyone heard about the injuries O'toole and bruhn have for newcomb and how long they will be out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back