Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My selections for this year! i'll do GFL, BFL and GDFL...give us some feedback on what you think
GFL
Premiers - South Barwon - Will be even better than last year in my opinion because of new gun recruits such as the 2 corrigan boys
Runner Up - Leopold - Most wouldnt agree with me on this but just thought i'd throw in a roughy...picked up a fair few good footballers and if they can keep fit durin the year they will give it a real go.
Leading Goalkicker - Tim McLean, St Marys - I have to go with McLean based on he won this award last year and i think they are a little bit better than last year so i think it will also improve McLean as a player...hard to choose between him and greaves but greaves is more of a player that pushes up the field where as McLean stays back in the 50 most of the time.
League BNF - Jeremy Humm, Newtown or Paul Corrigan, South Barwon - really hard to choose but ive gone for humm and corrigan...humm played for west coast for a while and is still fairly young so i think he'll have a big year but questionable whether newtown will win enuf games. Paul Corrigan was on geelongs list for a while and dont think his that old and with players like knuckey in your midfield getting tagged i think he'll have a super year and they will win alot of games.

Super effort with your knowledge of the Geelong Leagues Salsa - You should write for the Geelong Advertiser because I beleive with the new journalists they have covering the Geelong Leagues this year they will have little knowledge of players , clubs etc etc and most of them and probably all have never played a competetive game of football in there life!!

Super effort with your knowledge of the Geelong Leagues Salsa - You should write for the Geelong Advertiser because I beleive with the new journalists they have covering the Geelong Leagues this year they will have little knowledge of players , clubs etc etc and most of them and probably all have never played a competetive game of football in there life!!

hey watch yourself mate nick wade is as good a journolist as i have ever come across! mite not have been the best player in his day but the kid can wield a ballpoint with the best of them and hes only 18 years of age...

nick wade will be the next jay clark mark my words...

hey watch yourself mate nick wade is as good a journolist as i have ever come across! mite not have been the best player in his day but the kid can wield a ballpoint with the best of them and hes only 18 years of age...

nick wade will be the next jay clark mark my words...

Hey tomma - 18 yrs of age he should monitor the under 18`s then. How can he even report on the older players in the senior leagues when they were producing the goods the young fellow was still in his nappies. Doesn`t know enough of the league or players to start making outrageous comments.

Hey tomma - 18 yrs of age he should monitor the under 18`s then. How can he even report on the older players in the senior leagues when they were producing the goods the young fellow was still in his nappies. Doesn`t know enough of the league or players to start making outrageous comments.

we'll have to wait and see if he knows his stuff i guess zoey but i dont think the addy would hire someone without some kind of interview process to prove he knows what he's on about! i look forward to you eating your words about round 3 or 4 when wade's reporting is better than we've seen in the addy for quite some time...

the only player wade is not old enough to have seen in his prime in the comp is john "silver fox" long from st albans...

we'll have to wait and see if he knows his stuff i guess zoey but i dont think the addy would hire someone without some kind of interview process to prove he knows what he's on about! i look forward to you eating your words about round 3 or 4 when wade's reporting is better than we've seen in the addy for quite some time...

the only player wade is not old enough to have seen in his prime in the comp is john "silver fox" long from st albans...

Johnny Long what a great competitor - dont tell me he is still going to have a kick this year the guy would be nearly 55 wouldn`t he???

Nick Wade! Good luck to him. Hard position, especially with so many critics around, which majority post on here. I can tell you it aint easy being a journo so a bit of time and patience and I reckon Nick will be flying!

18 years old? Bugger me... Is he at Uni or anything like that?

Nick Wade! Good luck to him. Hard position, especially with so many critics around, which majority post on here. I can tell you it aint easy being a journo so a bit of time and patience and I reckon Nick will be flying!

18 years old? Bugger me... Is he at Uni or anything like that?

i think you mite be rite whispers! hes at deakin wants to be a journo (not unlike someone else i know) also works at the gfc when he can as the head hydration technician as well as his gig at the addy! busy boy...

Perhaps all of you guys, bar one, might be interested in fielding a team? :p
(getting harder to think of the puns)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314342

Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League?

Seeking interest in players for a Regional Leagues fantasy footy comp.

This is a) not real footy and b) not pick-a-team-of-AFL-players footy. Its even lazier!

All you do is express interest, I'll do the rest via QOOTY, a crappy random aussie rules simulator I created years ago and have been trying to bring up to speed. FAQs here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75728

I'll try to collate a league of teams that are representative of the more popular local leagues here, so I need raised hands from the posters. I won't make up any names, I won't allow any sudden new arrivals.

So either post here or PM me if you want your Bigfooty alter-ego registered for a team.

Hopefully we can turn some rivalries into some even more potent partnerships!

I'll probably aim for starting the season, say, end of next week. I MAY have to be an inflexible prick with okaying a team and treating latecomers.

For this season, hopefully the inaugural season of an ongoing league, all we need are 20 players per team. There is already a Fantasy league, more closely based on the AFL clubs, at Bigfooty, here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30 - its into its 7th season and has developed a bit of history! There is also another league at another footy forum site, this year with only 3 teams but had been as strong as 5 clubs in its 3 year tenure.

So get in touch if you're interested. Remember you don't have to do anything apart from dob your Bigfooty nickname in for a spot. Please tell me which club/league of regional footy you would prefer to be aligned with (please state both).

We'll see how we go. If it doesn't happen, ah well, if it happens later than I hope ... I'll still give it a burl.

Onward lads! ...

Refering to that post above, its a simulation game witrh teams from different regions. The team consist of posters on BigFooty from different regions in Australia. I've said that we would have a team (The Geelong Region) so say yes if you wanna be apart of it (either on here or PM me) with your prefered number and position.

You dont have to do anything. They work the results out and then provide us with the results and stats, the best players and a bit of a match report. Its a bit geeky by the guy that is organising it but its just for sh*ts and giggles.

You'll be refered to as your user name so for instance and goes for an entire season. Im not sure if we start straight away but yeah... just say yes or no. There is a thing on the GFL forum if you wanna know more.

There is a grand final and a best and fairest for the league as well...

Only 19 spots available.

i think you mite be rite whispers! hes at deakin wants to be a journo (not unlike someone else i know) also works at the gfc when he can as the head hydration technician as well as his gig at the addy! busy boy...

"tomma" I heard a whisper that you may be playing in the GDFL this coming season. Any truth to the rumour, or am I way off the mark?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"tomma" I heard a whisper that you may be playing in the GDFL this coming season. Any truth to the rumour, or am I way off the mark?

is that so 19th? with what club was the tommahawk linked? i can assure you that you are way off the mark, the tommahawk values all his teeth and prefers his face in one piece...

is that so 19th? with what club was the tommahawk linked? i can assure you that you are way off the mark, the tommahawk values all his teeth and prefers his face in one piece...

There's no need for me to mention clubs, if it is far from the truth. The question stemmed from the fact that you train at Redan, but are associated with a team in the GFL.
My mail suggests a person who is in exactly the same position, may end up in the GDFL in 2007.

League BNF - Ricky O'Toole, Newcomb - If this bloke plays every game i have no doubt he will win comfortably. He kicks alot of goals for a midfielder which helps him too but questionable whether he will be injured or not coz he is known to have alot of injuries...my favorite to win this award thou[/quote]

I feel O'Toole will win this award to if he can get out on the park each, a roughie for this award would hace to be Marcus Kellett from Ocean Grove, saw him play last year when he showed glimpses at Melton South, and watched him play Centrals last week in a practice match and is a real match winner.

League BNF - Ricky O'Toole, Newcomb - If this bloke plays every game i have no doubt he will win comfortably. He kicks alot of goals for a midfielder which helps him too but questionable whether he will be injured or not coz he is known to have alot of injuries...my favorite to win this award thou

I feel O'Toole will win this award to if he can get out on the park each, a roughie for this award would hace to be Marcus Kellett from Ocean Grove, saw him play last year when he showed glimpses at Melton South, and watched him play Centrals last week in a practice match and is a real match winner.[/quote]
m brown torquay if fit wil kill the comp

I feel O'Toole will win this award to if he can get out on the park each, a roughie for this award would hace to be Marcus Kellett from Ocean Grove, saw him play last year when he showed glimpses at Melton South, and watched him play Centrals last week in a practice match and is a real match winner.[/quote]

Whos Markus Kellet? Never heard of the bloke and i watched a lot bfl football last year...

I feel O'Toole will win this award to if he can get out on the park each, a roughie for this award would hace to be Marcus Kellett from Ocean Grove, saw him play last year when he showed glimpses at Melton South, and watched him play Centrals last week in a practice match and is a real match winner.
m brown torquay if fit wil kill the comp[/quote]

I agree, a tough, no nonsense player who will put the fear in most forwards

Whos Markus Kellet? Never heard of the bloke and i watched a lot bfl football last year...[/quote]

By the sounds of it, you only have to ask him, and he will tell you who, and how good he is.

There's no need for me to mention clubs, if it is far from the truth. The question stemmed from the fact that you train at Redan, but are associated with a team in the GFL.
My mail suggests a person who is in exactly the same position, may end up in the GDFL in 2007.

i think you have mistaken the tommahawk for someone else... dunno what trav odonahue is doing if thats the bloke u mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back