Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leopold will be a top three team this season. Brown & Wright lead a strong midfield that everyone struggles with. Also have added lynch so have more firepower.

Does anyone know what they have been doing in the practise matches and how there recruits are fitting in ??

Yeah won all 3 practice matches. Lynch missed the first one then kicked 5 in the second and 4 or 5 in the third, looking extremely fit as well!
Browny has just been Browny, picking up kicks at will.
Jarrod Skinner from Swan Hill is a very good pick up, only 19 years of age and has been humiliating his opponents off half back.
Paul Davis from Port also looking like becoming a very handy senior footballer

just wanting to find out about a player named damien villarosa, any news would be great, good player?? ect strenths weaknesses ect
thanks guys

Yeah won all 3 practice matches. Lynch missed the first one then kicked 5 in the second and 4 or 5 in the third, looking extremely fit as well!
Browny has just been Browny, picking up kicks at will.
Jarrod Skinner from Swan Hill is a very good pick up, only 19 years of age and has been humiliating his opponents off half back.
Paul Davis from Port also looking like becoming a very handy senior footballer

what about yourself polda? hows your own form been? i heard they were going to have to sew 2 jumpers together for you to play in this year? any truth to the rumour?

what about yourself polda? hows your own form been? i heard they were going to have to sew 2 jumpers together for you to play in this year? any truth to the rumour?

I think they may have just given him Simon 'THE BATMAN' Grundell's jumper....

Tips for round 1 everyone.

Grovedale v St Mary's
GWSP v Leopold
South Barown v Newtown
Lara v St Albans
Colac v Bell Park
North Shore v St Joey's

There should be some very close games this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just wanting to find out about a player named damien villarosa, any news would be great, good player?? ect strenths weaknesses ect
thanks guys

Where do you start with Damien - when the team is winning by 10 - 15 goals he will be on the end of it and receiving the handball but when it gets tuff Damien will be out amongst the ground trying not to get his hair messy!!! Terrified!! I hope that helps you B.O.G

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS st albans win by 43 over lara
about time we won

Grovedale 7.6 (48) v St Mary's 18.10 (118)
Geelong West St Peters 18.10 (118) v Leopold 8.7 (55)
South Barwon 22.12 (144) v Newtown & Chilwell 9.6 (60)
Lara 10.4 (64) v St Albans 16.11 (107)
North Shore 14.14 (98) v St Joseph's 7.12 (54)
Colac 10.6 (66) v Bell Park 10.12 (72)

Interesting to see barwon heads lost on the weekend, not a good start 0/3. will need to pull there finger out or there season could be over before it starts. Anyway knows whats wrong down there??? IS it the coaches, players or what?????? I might have to ring my source and find out for us all.

Interesting to see barwon heads lost on the weekend, not a good start 0/3. will need to pull there finger out or there season could be over before it starts. Anyway knows whats wrong down there??? IS it the coaches, players or what?????? I might have to ring my source and find out for us all.

coaches dont train down there they recon they dont have too and didnt play this weekend cause didnt rate port, that has bit them in the arse my sources tell me that theres no way there coaching next year.

On the weekend, St. Alban's and Portalington won. Would love to know the last time they won on the same weekend!

july 7th 1997 was the last saturday they both won...

Bloody Hell.. a decade ago! Great to see this though. Portalington, a club who had much success (similar to St. Albans) in the 80's, starting to become competitive once again. Last week they weren't ashaimed of there 8 goal loss to Newcomb, which they actually matched them after quarter time, and now this week have out played Barwon Heads.

As for St. Albans, no one likes to see easy beats in a classy competition. With them winning this weekend, it would give them much confidence coming into the approaching matches. Great to see players like Allen, Wilson and Nicholson sticking with the club and with great recruiting, things are starting to pay off. Lara would be dissapointed but they are a young side who are set to improve this year and in coming years.

This is all a positive for local footy!

Bloody Hell.. a decade ago! Great to see this though. Portalington, a club who had much success (similar to St. Albans) in the 80's, starting to become competitive once again. Last week they weren't ashaimed of there 8 goal loss to Newcomb, which they actually matched them after quarter time, and now this week have out played Barwon Heads.

As for St. Albans, no one likes to see easy beats in a classy competition. With them winning this weekend, it would give them much confidence coming into the approaching matches. Great to see players like Allen, Wilson and Nicholson sticking with the club and with great recruiting, things are starting to pay off. Lara would be dissapointed but they are a young side who are set to improve this year and in coming years.

This is all a positive for local footy!

Whispers what happened to joey's on the w/e? And is Greeves injured or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back