Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whos all the coaches for season 2008 in the BFL
Newcomb -
Drysdale -
Ocean Grove -
Ammos -
Moddewarre -
Port -
Barwon Heads -
Quuenscliff -
Torquay -
Anglesea -

Can someone fill me in for the above please???
How long has each coach been coaching there respective teams???

Whos all the coaches for season 2008 in the BFL
Newcomb - Damian Mahoney
Drysdale - Wade Chapman
Ocean Grove -Matthew Sproule
Ammos - Travis Robertson
Moddewarre - Kent Butcher
Port - Dave McNamara
Barwon Heads - Mick Atkins
Quuenscliff - Andy Viola
Torquay - Mitch Barrow
Anglesea - Tristan Lynch

Can someone fill me in for the above please???
How long has each coach been coaching there respective teams???
Not certain On Queenscliff? Rest im sure

You know a few blokes down barwon heads hotnews wat is Aitkin doing you seem to know him well looking back threw the threads youve mentioned him a bit
buddah, i dont play! i just have a few mates having a kick around geelong and the coast.....and i speak to them regulary thats all! Why what club are you involved with you seem to know a bit especailly in the GDFL???:p

In the GFL and BFL what teams look like they have picked up some recruits or lost some players??
Barwon heads have lost truck loads and will be crap, might fight it out for the wooden spoon? anyone else have thoughts on this??:thumbsdown:

Barwon heads have lost truck loads and will be crap, might fight it out for the wooden spoon? anyone else have thoughts on this??:thumbsdown:

They might of lost afew but they probably have got rid of the players that weren`t there for right reasons and they will be better coached by Mick Atkins so with that they dont have to improve much from this year - where did they finish in 07 - 9th!!!

Whats everyones thoughts on the 2008 season, Who has recruited the well, whos going to struggle and who are the sides that are going be up there at the end of the season? GFL AND BFL

Whats everyones thoughts on the 2008 season, Who has recruited the well, whos going to struggle and who are the sides that are going be up there at the end of the season? GFL AND BFL
Sorry bono can only comment on the GFL. I would think South Barwon (of course), Bell Park and GWSP will be the pacesetters. Swans will continue along as they have for the past three years, the Dragons will improve with key recruits and returning players, while West have recruited well again and will gel better as a team in their second year together. For mine, I think North Shore & Lara will struggle with maybe St Albans ahead marginally through good coaching. Newtown with some key departures will slide as will St Joeys and importantly Colac while Leopold, St Marys & Grovedale should mark time a bit with where they were last season but the Tigers should go one better and make finals.

My predictions in order, I know it's still early but for what it's worth:
GFL
Bell Park- Recruited very well. ( Sheringham, Batchelor, Garth, Broom etc )
South Barwon- Lost a couple of veterans but can cover them.
West Saints- Recruited well also and nearly all from 08 hanging around.
St Marys- Always spend up big.
Colac-Have lost a few handy senior players to local league.
St Josephs- Lost some experience, younger players need time.
Grovedale-Haven't heard much, so I expect similar result.Is P Lynch there?
Newtown-Lost a couple of guns (Bett, Humm etc).
Leopold-Lost a couple from what I've heard.
Lara-Have picked up a couple and youngsters coming on.
St Albans-Recruited a couple of decent players, will still struggle.
North Shore-Lost way too many, picked up noone of any note.

BFL
Drysdale-More gun recruits, surely 08 is the year.
Amateurs-Picked up some quality (Robertson, Mitchell etc).
Ocean Grove-Always strong.
Torquay- Should be thereabouts.
Newcomb- Lost some notably good players, will drop away.
Modewarre- Changing of the guard, recruited well, could make the finals.
Anglesea- Not much different.
Barwon Heads-Who has coach Atkins recruited? A few have left.
Portarlington- Will struggle again.
Queenscliff- " " " .

Just an early opinion :cool:

GFL

BFL
Queenscliff- " " " .

So have all sides listed above finalised all their coaching appointments for next season including 2's?

buddah, i dont play! i just have a few mates having a kick around geelong and the coast.....and i speak to them regulary thats all! Why what club are you involved with you seem to know a bit especailly in the GDFL???:p
North Shore but i follow the devils in gdfl abit my mates son plays there i think i will be following them alot more next year there wont be much to watch at north shore unfortunately

GFL

BFL
Queenscliff- " " " .

I agree. Sth Barwon are still the yardstick but Bell Park and West seem to be the nearest threats to the swans. In the BFL Drysdale and Ammos have recruited well but havent heard to much about the other teams?

just on one of the comments above about lara still going to be bottom with north shore. and albans going to be just ahead of them..
i think lara will have the wood over albans this year
with sam clarke, mountjoy, and young kane smith and another VFL player but unsure of his name..
and have also got 2 big man but not sure if they are any good.
but the down fall for the cats will be there lack of key power fowards and key defenders.
becuase there on ball will be one of the youngest and prehaps in the best top 5.
althougth i cant really see them making it to the finals..
i am tipping for them to finish 7th. which will be a massive imporvement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with sam clarke, mountjoy, and young kane smith and another VFL player but unsure of his name..
Don't get carried away with Clarke, Mountjoy and Smith. They are good names; I will give you that but all are untried at GFL level which is miles ahead of the BFL; particularly the on-ball departments; much bigger, quicker and slicker. If Lara can finish above the bottom three, they will have done well and 7th they will have done extremely well. It is a long road back from the cellar; ask anyone involved with a club that has been there.

North Shore but i follow the devils in gdfl abit my mates son plays there i think i will be following them alot more next year there wont be much to watch at north shore unfortunately

Well , well done Buddah, what a great supporter you are, North Shore don't need people like you around. Seems like you only follow the success, move on you dirty rat / leech :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Where has Jeremy Humm moved onto....!?

yeah his gone back to the WAFL, but his also thinking of going to Japan to go teach english over there...

His left a slightly depleted midfield now without HUmm, McVilly, Wilde + Lyons... looks like a few youngsters are going to have to step up at newtown...

Well , well done Buddah, what a great supporter you are, North Shore
don't need people like you around. Seems like you only follow the success, move on you dirty rat / leech :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't give me that crap i was on the committee for more than 10 years what have you done there, i dont like the way the club is headed so i will go support the other northern suburbs team that i actually played all my juniors footy at come see me when youve made a contribution to the club:thumbsdown:

Don't give me that crap i was on the committee for more than 10 years what have you done there, i dont like the way the club is headed so i will go support the other northern suburbs team that i actually played all my juniors footy at come see me when youve made a contribution to the club:thumbsdown:

your just using the same excuse everyone else is (for leaving). go back to your crap G&DFL with the rest of the weak pricks! we dont want supporters that leave because the football section is lookin down!

Whos coaching Nth Shore and whos the assistant coaches?? What players are leaving for sure??? I have heard different stories that they will be ok and other stories that they will be lucky to field 2 sides . Can anyone confirm please??

Don't give me that crap i was on the committee for more than 10 years what have you done there, i dont like the way the club is headed so i will go support the other northern suburbs team that i actually played all my juniors footy at come see me when youve made a contribution to the club:thumbsdown:[/quote]

what do you mean by you dont like the way the club is heading? can you please elaborate? maybe you should stick around and help the club if you've been there more than ten years. its all well and good when the club is succesful but when the chips are down people need to all band together and stay and help. leaving will do no-one any good unless your gary reichman. then the sooner you leave the better.

what do you mean by you dont like the way the club is heading? can you please elaborate? maybe you should stick around and help the club if you've been there more than ten years. its all well and good when the club is succesful but when the chips are down people need to all band together and stay and help. leaving will do no-one any good unless your gary reichman. then the sooner you leave the better.[/quote]

your spot on there on gary reichman clangers!

Hey Buddah, dont you give me that S**t about being on the Committee for more than 10 years, i am heavily involved and have been for many more than 10 years and no one fits your description. So stop talking crap and head to the G&DfL and watch the Devils crumble (money will soon dry up), we don't need losers like you who only follow sides when they are on top. Remember all supporters are needed in the good & bad times, farewell BUDDAH, we don't want you back.:mad::mad:

Hey Buddah, dont you give me that S**t about being on the Committee for more than 10 years, i am heavily involved and have been for many more than 10 years and no one fits your description. So stop talking crap and head to the G&DfL and watch the Devils crumble (money will soon dry up), we don't need losers like you who only follow sides when they are on top. Remember all supporters are needed in the good & bad times, farewell BUDDAH, we don't want you back.:mad::mad:

well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back