Originally posted by Lockyer24
12. Kangaroos
Rocca
Petrie
McKernan
Jones
Harding
Wells

Rocca, Petrie, and McKernan, whilst top heavy, will be fine on the harder grounds (provided they can hold their marks....I don't fancy their chances of chasing down opposition backmen running away with the crumbs). In the middle of winter with some wet weather, I'd think that only 2 would be used.

I agree with Yianni...Daniel Motlop instead of Wells. Harding will have an interesting time keeping J. Clayton and S. Harvey at bay.

By the end of the season, I'd hope that either McIntosh or Hale will be working alongside Petrie up forward.

That hunter is a real D*%$head i hate him so much aye.

Also if brown does play midfield it will be good cause it adds another midfielder that can kick goals and i believe he was wasted in the forward pocket for the dogs last season and if he is in midfield then he is in the game.

Richmond
Richardson
Ottens
Zantuck
Blumfield
Rodan
Krakour

West Coast at nine is the biggest joke that I've seen.

You obviously don't rate the Bulldogs, Lockyer. If you don't rate our midfield or forward line, you're definitely not going to rate our defence. It's probably not as bad as Carlton's or Melbourne's defence, but you will probably think otherwise.

No one rates the Bulldogs, but 16th? Come on, mate!

Originally posted by Pevers-Legend
Don't forget Carlton finishing near the bottom will be worth it, trust me

Yeah. Just make sure you don't fall on your ar#e on the way down.

Laycock? Please! Next you will tell me Hille can Ruck?:D

Originally posted by Sheik Mathious
Yeah. Just make sure you don't fall on your ar#e on the way down.

Laycock? Please! Next you will tell me Hille can Ruck?:D

Not yet no But he'll learn already the best goal kicking ruckman in the league.

As for Laycock once he puts on about 15kg look the **** out.

Originally posted by anonymous Joe
Not yet no But he'll learn already the best goal kicking ruckman in the league.

As for Laycock once he puts on about 15kg look the **** out.

Look out for what? Laycock in the forward pocket for Aberfeldie? or in the line at Centrelink?

Look out for what? Laycock in the forward pocket for Aberfeldie? or in the line at Centrelink?

Do you have aproblem with people getting excited about the future. Not everyones outlook on life is as bleak as yours. Still being a Carlscum supporter I guess I can see why.

I've seen him play he has bloody good hands but his body is a while away from being ready for AFL.

he will be a good player was taken high in the draft and will take time to develop.

How are Carltons top picks of the last few years going?

as good as Laycock I bet.

Do you have aproblem with people getting excited about the future. Not everyones outlook on life is as bleak as yours. Still be a Carlscum supporter I guess I can see why.

Its how Carlton supporters get joy out of life now.

Pathetic attempts to demean a bunch of 17 18 year old kids in red n black jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic attempts to demean a bunch of 17 18 year old kids in red n black jumpers.

Ok ladies!

I stop saying that they have not done, proven achieved anything! (yet)

If you stop calling players yet to taste AFL football 'potential superstars'

Originally posted by X_box_X
You obviously don't rate the Bulldogs, Lockyer. If you don't rate our midfield or forward line, you're definitely not going to rate our defence. It's probably not as bad as Carlton's or Melbourne's defence, but you will probably think otherwise.

No one rates the Bulldogs, but 16th? Come on, mate!
They finished last just this past season so they must be about 16th at something, if not everything.

IMO they had an atrocious forward line last season. Among the worst I've seen since Collingwood in the mid 80's. They should have had a good midfield but when you have to rob it of Johnson and Brown you see how bad the forward line is. Now without Brown where will goals come from? Rawlings will be a plus but as the only real permanent marking forward he will get the best tall defender most times and IMO will find it hard to have as much impact as Brown who was a midfielder playing forward on talent.

IMO the Bulldogs have a crap forward line a decent midfield and subject to Grant holding up at CHB a reasonable at best backline. All that will likely change in 2 years when some of the young talent the Dogs have develops but the real problem then may be replacing Grant, Johnson and Smith.

Rubbish. Carlton supporters have been defending themselves against accusations of being too optimistic for the majority of the offseason, far more than Essendon. If you want to lump all Blues supporters in the same group, feel free to show me where all the other Bomber kicking Blues supporters have posted.

Do you have aproblem with people getting excited about the future. Not everyones outlook on life is as bleak as yours. Still being a Carlscum supporter I guess I can see why.

I just have high standards. I guess that's what happens when you support the most successful side in AFL history.

What do I have to be bitter about?

Future looks good :rolleyes:

I just have high standards. I guess that's what happens when you support the most successful side in AFL history.

I see, double standards. Thats your game. You can be excited about your future, yet we can not. What is it, the fact that we name players who we see with potential, whereas you have no players outside of Walker who are young and will be there in 5 years time??

JOINT most successful club in the AFl.

Originally posted by The Old Dark Navy's
Rubbish. Carlton supporters have been defending themselves against accusations of being too optimistic for the majority of the offseason, far more than Essendon. If you want to lump all Blues supporters in the same group, feel free to show me where all the other Bomber kicking Blues supporters have posted.

But our cultures are different Carlton have thrown the cheque book and goten ready made players hence their reason for optmism.

Essendon grow their own talent, with Sheedys motto being the farmer who picks his crops early will go hungry. Essendon's cause for optmism has been the good trade deals, rookie and later draft picks that have enabled us to consistently rebuild without anyoe noticeing thus avoiding Carlton like situations.

I see, double standards. Thats your game. You can be excited about your future, yet we can not. What is it, the fact that we name players who we see with potential, whereas you have no players outside of Walker who are young and will be there in 5 years time??

Do you want me to name some players that have not played AFL but "I have see them and they will be superstars". Winderlich? Johns?

Do you want me to name some players that have not played AFL but "I have see them and they are superstar"

It would be a welcome change from you just denegrating Essendon's youngsters.

I have my doubts on many of Essendons younger brigade, but I also see with some that they will make it and become very good players. Some have the "It" factor and you know they will make it. How good they will be is another thing.

Do you want me to name some players that have not played AFL but "I have see them and they will be superstars". Winderlich? Johns?

do u want me to name some of the players who are fringe players, good in the VFl wouldn't get a spot on 15 other lists but are on Carltons list?

all suppoters say the same thing anyway. Essendon fans are no different.

we're just cocky cos we're so good at trading, rookie picks and later draft picks.

Something your buy success quick fix club needs to learn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Locks ranks the Forward Lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back