Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seniors:

Mitiamo v Pyramid Hill

It'll be hard to go past Miti this week. They've beaten the Hill twice this year, by 10 goals and 10 points. After the demolition job they did last week, it shows they are also in good form. The Hill will need to shut down the twin towers to give themselves any chance.
Miti by 4 goals

Calivil v Marong

Marong would love their chances this weekend after dominating 3 quarters last week. Calivil look down and out. Could this be the end of an era?
Marong by 1 goal (fingers crossed! give some other team a go Calivil!:D)

Reserves:

Bridgewater v Pyramid Hill

They Bridgy reserves will top up the list with a few very handy footballers from the seniors such as Duguid, Mensforth, Nick Hall. Bridgewater will have too much talent and experience for the Pyramid boys with both eyes on the senior flag.
Bridgy by 5 goals

Calivil v ???

Didn't get the results for the other ressie game. Calivil looked pretty good the previous week though and would have to fancy themselves.

Wouldn't have a clue about the juniors!

Should be another very interesting week of finals

whatd everyone think of the weekends finals? on saturday miti were really good, pyramid were pretty bad. a very good performance of pressure footy from miti, on the day pyramid werent up to it. in the 2s it was a good game pyramid a touch 2 good but not alot in it, bridgy kept coming at them. in the 17s marong overcame a gallant miti to win by 47 points.

on sunday calivil reminded everyone why theyve won the last 6 flags and played to well for marong on the day, a disappointing end to marongs season but they still had a reasonable year. in the 2s marong were 2 good 4 calivil coming from behind at quarter time to win by 20 points. in the 17s bridgy were 2 good 4 pyramid leading all day 2 win by 7 goals, a good effort by their boys.

Spot on. The Reserves game between Marong and Miti was an embarrassment. Marong looked like they weren't there for the first quarter with numerous skill errors and poor pressure and by 3/4 time Miti had run out of puff. I hate to say it but I think Marongs reserves are just making up the numbers... to many passengers. The Seniors on the other hand look a lot hungrier so look out.

In the two finals Marong 2's have played so far, they have conceded a combined total of 2 goals 2 behinds after quarter time. I'd say a team conceding 2 goals in 6 quarters of finals football is travelling pretty well.

With the seniors now out, there will be a couple of better players available for the preliminary (though not as many as Bridgewater). With the addition of John Blandthorn and Mat Frankel, and Dodgy Gadsden also a chance to return from injury, I'd say the reserves flag is anyone's at this stage.

Agree there Hellboy, reserves is wide open at this stage.

With the seniors, Calivil once again have shown us not to write them off until eliminated. It will be a very interesting game between Calivil and Pyramid this week. Once again after being the most consistent team during the season, there is a chance Pyramid will fail miserably in the finals. They'll have to be the first team to knock them out in 6 odd years.

As for Miti, they keep going from strength to strength. Haythorp and Chapman continued their good form and look critical to their success in the big one. Whoever they play, they would have to be red hot favorites come grand final day.

It shows once again that it doesn't matter how good you are during the season, performing during the finals is always the key to taking the flag.

Agree there Hellboy, reserves is wide open at this stage.

With the seniors, Calivil once again have shown us not to write them off until eliminated. It will be a very interesting game between Calivil and Pyramid this week. Once again after being the most consistent team during the season, there is a chance Pyramid will fail miserably in the finals. They'll have to be the first team to knock them out in 6 odd years.

As for Miti, they keep going from strength to strength. Haythorp and Chapman continued their good form and look critical to their success in the big one. Whoever they play, they would have to be red hot favorites come grand final day.

It shows once again that it doesn't matter how good you are during the season, performing during the finals is always the key to taking the flag.

....And everybody has tried to shut me down ALL year on the Calivil
saga! Told you ALL that Marong didnt and have never had what it takes to make it. Proves to me you all know jack about your own league.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh.
Naive stupid stupid football peasants.....

saga! Told you ALL that Marong didnt and have never had what it takes to make it. Proves to me you all know jack about your own league.

Here he is...Dennis back for another stir!

That post is sure to fire up the forum again Dennis.

I think you'll find that I never wrote of Calivil...you'd be pretty stupid to do that.

But I think you are getting a bit over the top with the Marong comments. I remember last week you were eating humble pie after they accounted for Bridgy...and now you're back into it...blowing your trumpet (metaphor) all over the computer screen because you got a tip right!

I couldn't care less about Marong, but they have come a long way in the last couple of seasons.

Seniors b and f - Havent seen a lot this year but Hutton from Serpentine would be good bet? dominated all year. And also Aaron Bell from Marong? saw him carve it up sunday, he must be a chance?
Reserves - Lucas Johnstone from bridgey has kicked 50 goals, he would be up there I think. Jaye Cameron from marong is also a match winner, would he poll many votes?

You are a w***er cheese D*@K.

Here he is...Dennis back for another stir!

That post is sure to fire up the forum again Dennis.

I think you'll find that I never wrote of Calivil...you'd be pretty stupid to do that.

But I think you are getting a bit over the top with the Marong comments. I remember last week you were eating humble pie after they accounted for Bridgy...and now you're back into it...blowing your trumpet (metaphor) all over the computer screen because you got a tip right!

I couldn't care less about Marong, but they have come a long way in the last couple of seasons.

Yeah I'v been waiting for a couple of nibbles! Marong are their own worst enemy and deserve all the lip they get. You only gotta see blokes (and border line players) walk around discos with chests out! Arrogance killed the panther! Anyways, Calivil to win big one by 40pts plus. My points margin for Calivil Marong was 51 in a past post, not bad seeings it was 53. And AGAIN, everybody laughed at me:D:D:D

Yeah I'v been waiting for a couple of nibbles! Marong are their own worst enemy and deserve all the lip they get. You only gotta see blokes (and border line players) walk around discos with chests out! Arrogance killed the panther! Anyways, Calivil to win big one by 40pts plus. My points margin for Calivil Marong was 51 in a past post, not bad seeings it was 53. And AGAIN, everybody laughed at me:D:D:D

You're predictable aren't you dennis. Everyone laughs at you because you continually post erroneous dribble; no other reason.

I seem to remember a recent post of yours on the HDFL thread suggesting that Elmore would easily account for LBU. How wrong YOU were. How about instead of trapping off all the time, you try and develop an understanding of your own league first. Proves to me that you are the one that knows jack dennis.

Someone must be telling you about all the disco chest puffing because I'd imagine you spend your Saturday nights playing with model trains and pulling over George Jetsons missus.

Doesn't matter about this weeks games I dont think, whoever wins will gt pumped by miti in grand final anyway, I don't think calival or p hill are up to it!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are just one of those jokers that only care about your senior side by the sounds of things there is more than a senior side to make a club.. howd your reserves go on the weekend moron. oh yeah and your under 17's howd they go. U are a joke Dennis grow up

You are just one of those jokers that only care about your senior side by the sounds of things there is more than a senior side to make a club.. howd your reserves go on the weekend moron. oh yeah and your under 17's howd they go. U are a joke Dennis grow up

My reserves and under 17's? You've clearly got me mixed up with someone who plays LVFL! Few chomps today on the old springers!:D

You're predictable aren't you dennis. Everyone laughs at you because you continually post erroneous dribble; no other reason.

I seem to remember a recent post of yours on the HDFL thread suggesting that Elmore would easily account for LBU. How wrong YOU were. How about instead of trapping off all the time, you try and develop an understanding of your own league first. Proves to me that you are the one that knows jack dennis.

Someone must be telling you about all the disco chest puffing because I'd imagine you spend your Saturday nights playing with model trains and pulling over George Jetsons missus.

Yeah was wrong with that one! Just glad that i was soooooooooooooo right with Marong! Model trains? Last Sunday your missus brought over champagne courtesy of the Calivil grape yards! Cant you take a stir. You need a Waaaambulance! Waa Waa Waa! Good luck next year, dont forget to recruit duds from Harcourt again......:D

You seem like a really nice bloke Dennis Cheese. :thumbsdown: Why don't you do yourself and everyone else a favour and go out and get a root.
icon3.gif

Doesn't matter about this weeks games I dont think, whoever wins will gt pumped by miti in grand final anyway, I don't think calival or p hill are up to it!!

Agreed with this immensely. Mitiamo are clear favourites to win this season, i just think with Haythorpe and Chapman up forward, their going to be very hard to beat come that saturday

While I'll admit that Mitiamo should be favourite, just remember what has happened to the 'favourite' for the last 3 years. Regardless of whether Miti play Calivil or Pyramid Hill, I'd think the recent past will account for very little.

If anything though, Mitiamo have proven to be the least consistent of the 3 remaining sides. They were beaten by Newbridge and were very lucky to get over the line against Inglewood and YCW during the year. They were also not good enough to get over Marong when top spot was on the line. If this team shows up on grand final day, they won't win.

While I'll admit that Mitiamo should be favourite, just remember what has happended to the 'favourite' for the last 3 years. Regardless of whether Miti play Calivil or Pyramid Hill, I'd think the recent past will account for very little.

If anything though, Mitiamo have proven to be the least consistent of the 3 remaining sides. They were beaten by Newbridge and were very lucky to get over the line against Inglewood and YCW during the year. They were also not good enough to get over Marong when top spot was on the line. If this team shows up on grand final day, they won't win.

Well said:thumbsu: Im tipping Calivil to get over Pyramid, then Calivil to win big one. If for some reason Pyramid do win this week, I'l tip Mitiamo in big one:cool:

Seniors b and f - Havent seen a lot this year but Hutton from Serpentine would be good bet? dominated all year. And also Aaron Bell from Marong? saw him carve it up sunday, he must be a chance?
Reserves - Lucas Johnstone from bridgey has kicked 50 goals, he would be up there I think. Jaye Cameron from marong is also a match winner, would he poll many votes?

Seniors - Hutton or Franklin
Reseves - Andy Ferguson
U17 - Ken Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back