Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is all of the pre Xmas recruiting going out there? Calivil to appoint one of the Allen brothers as coach very soon ( think his nickname is Mooka ) with some good recruiting to keep them in good stead. Marong are close with a couple of South Bendigo 2's blokes which will be good at LVFL level. Newbridge still trying to convince Sawyer from White Hills to play but to match his pay packet at the Hills would want him to get fitter as part of deal. Would be a huge recruit as is some player when on fire. Miti to keep most players and be strong again. Wicks a chance to return. YC have picked up Hammond from Inglewood and working on more but will need it to be more competitive. May get some former players back next year also. Haven't heard anything else that hasn't already been posted apart from the Darryl Wilson to Pyramid as posted on Bendigo FL site.

How is all of the pre Xmas recruiting going out there? Calivil to appoint one of the Allen brothers as coach very soon ( think his nickname is Mooka ) with some good recruiting to keep them in good stead. Marong are close with a couple of South Bendigo 2's blokes which will be good at LVFL level. Newbridge still trying to convince Sawyer from White Hills to play but to match his pay packet at the Hills would want him to get fitter as part of deal. Would be a huge recruit as is some player when on fire. Miti to keep most players and be strong again. Wicks a chance to return. YC have picked up Hammond from Inglewood and working on more but will need it to be more competitive. May get some former players back next year also. Haven't heard anything else that hasn't already been posted apart from the Darryl Wilson to Pyramid as posted on Bendigo FL site.

Talking to some of the strath boys Wicksy the Man Mountin to return to Wangaratta where he grew up. What happened to Darryl "Pet Shop Boys" Wilson going west? If he coaches Pyramid the rest of the league should take notice as he will sort them out!!

Who's has Marong got the go from South Bendigo? I heard YCW and Bridgewater had both grabbed a player each from the Bloods Ressies Premiership team but not the Panthers.

Are the Panthers the team to beat?

Might be something I'd think about organising for pre season, Undera Vs Heathcote and Nagambie Vs Colby.

great idea, would love to see that, but also see the bottom teams play, because your only as strong as your weekest link.

Interesting you say that because Colbinabbin and Nagambie played a practice match this year and played a DRAW!

Who's has Marong got the go from South Bendigo? I heard YCW and Bridgewater had both grabbed a player each from the Bloods Ressies Premiership team but not the Panthers.

Are the Panthers the team to beat?[/quote
I would have thought that bridgey would be the front runners to any south players heading to the LV Junk

Agree Trent. Ive heard names like Deon Jones, Brad Rohde and Zac East heading Mean Machine way. No Bloods players in Panther sights that Im aware of.

Only whispers from Malone Park were that Murray Vance (unlikely to play though, will depend on his knee) and his 2 younger bro's were signed, as was an Ian Wright from Strathfieldsaye I think? Dont know much about the last one, but the younger Vance boys come with pretty big wraps.

As for them being the team to beat....ridiculous question. Last I checked Mitiamo were by far the best team in the 2nd half of '09, won the flag and have lost few and already regained the services of Dave Morrissey. They will again be the side most will fear. And the ones to beat.

Talking to some of the strath boys Wicksy the Man Mountin to return to Wangaratta where he grew up. What happened to Darryl "Pet Shop Boys" Wilson going west? If he coaches Pyramid the rest of the league should take notice as he will sort them out!!

Made a decision with his family to stay in vic after going over there and deciding that the job wasnt for him!

Would be a top pick up by the hill if so, and this rumour is gathering more and more momentum around town by the day. sounds like a new pyramid hill i hear a new committee has renegotiated everyones contracts and decreased pays. and sounds like most will stay which is great. whether daryl will take any up there will be interesting

YCW i hear have been chasing several blokes from Latrobe. As are Inglewood, who are chasing a few wedderburn boys and a couple of shepp uni students i hear who played GV, whether they are decent or not i dunno! anyone either club confirm how their recruiting is going and if they have started training?

Are the Panthers the team to beat?
why are there so many south seconds players on the move? Has it got anything to do with who is coaching them?:confused:

Strongest to weakest would be GV, O&M, Central Murray, Bendigo, Ballarat, Western Border, MFL, Heathcote, KDFL, O&K, LV the MCDFL. Iv also played in 4 of these leagues. Thats only my opinion though. A lot of these leagues go in cycles. These are the only leagues that I have watched or know about so correct me with any others......

Strongest to weakest would be GV, O&M, Central Murray, Bendigo, Ballarat, Western Border, MFL, Heathcote, KDFL, O&K, LV the MCDFL. Iv also played in 4 of these leagues. Thats only my opinion though. A lot of these leagues go in cycles. These are the only leagues that I have watched or know about so correct me with any others......

Gee I wish some of you flogs would go and start up a "Which League is better/stronger/more cashed up Thread"! Seriously, who cares??

Yes this is a public forum...and open to all and any opinion, but I'd reckon this same topic comes up 5 or 6 times a year, and goes nowhere.

This is the Loddon Valley League thread, so lets just try and focus at this point on players coming and going from the comp, when sides are starting pre-season and who will be improvers in 2010, rather than this pointless excersise of ranking leagues which is like a male version of comparing dick size....and nothing more!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YCW i hear have been chasing several blokes from Latrobe. As are Inglewood, who are chasing a few wedderburn boys and a couple of shepp uni students i hear who played GV, whether they are decent or not i dunno! anyone either club confirm how their recruiting is going and if they have started training?

I know from YC that yeah, they are after a few Latrobe Boys, but they are just mates with a few players already at the club. They weren't really actively scouted by the recruitment committee.

Made a decision with his family to stay in vic after going over there and deciding that the job wasnt for him!

Would be a top pick up by the hill if so, and this rumour is gathering more and more momentum around town by the day. sounds like a new pyramid hill i hear a new committee has renegotiated everyones contracts and decreased pays. and sounds like most will stay which is great. whether daryl will take any up there will be interesting

Wilson to P Hill! Hahahaha what a joke. He will NOT be there thats for sure!

Wilson to P Hill! Hahahaha what a joke. He will NOT be there thats for sure!

Any news on a coach at Pyramid Hill? It's nearly December so they aren't doing themselves any favours as far as recruiting goes. I would think there's not too many players that would commit to a club that doesn't have a coach.

Brendan Lummis is an interesting appointment at Calivil. My understanding is Calivil approached 3 or 4 prospective coaches, as at an earlier stage no one had applied. None of these guys wanted the job though. I understand Calivil's want/ need to appoint from outside the club but knowing Brendan pretty well (he played several years at Marong), I'm not sure his demeanor will fit in well up there.

Brendan Lummis is an interesting appointment at Calivil. My understanding is Calivil approached 3 or 4 prospective coaches, as at an earlier stage no one had applied. None of these guys wanted the job though. I understand Calivil's want/ need to appoint from outside the club but knowing Brendan pretty well (he played several years at Marong), I'm not sure his demeanor will fit in well up there.

In 2008, Brendan Lummis (Tank) coached two of the BJFL under 15 interleague teams (in conjunction with Brad Elliott). Brendan and Brad work together. Brad will be Brendan's right hand man.

Tank was pretty popular with the U15 interleague kids. He speaks well and had the respect of the kids. I reckon he's a good pick up for Calival....but, then again....I don't know the personalities or culture at Calival.

Any news on a coach at pyramid? It's nearly December so they aren't doing themselves any favours as far as recruiting goes. I would think there's not too many players that would commit to a club that doesn't have a coach.

[CO
DE][/CODE]

brother of great bgo coach. from cm, thats the word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back