Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wooo hooo go Inglewood!!
Not too sure if anything is going to happen officially but there are a few in the YC camp who are livid with the actions of the supplied goal umpire on the weekend. Called an Inglewood kick touched off the boot, then after a chat with the central umpire (who told the umpire that he didn't have a clear view), changed his decision to a goal. Had the original decision stood the match on Saturday would've ended in a draw.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if the umpire is unsure of a decision and neither the central or boundary umpires can verify, then the goal umpire is supposed to award the lower score (in this case a behind).

Now we've all copped rough decisions over the years, but the thing that sticks out about this is that the umpire changed his original decision, that's the problem with this issue.

Not too sure if anything is going to happen officially but there are a few in the YC camp who are livid with the actions of the supplied goal umpire on the weekend. Called an Inglewood kick touched off the boot, then after a chat with the central umpire (who told the umpire that he didn't have a clear view), changed his decision to a goal. Had the original decision stood the match on Saturday would've ended in a draw.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if the umpire is unsure of a decision and neither the central or boundary umpires can verify, then the goal umpire is supposed to award the lower score (in this case a behind).

Now we've all copped rough decisions over the years, but the thing that sticks out about this is that the umpire changed his original decision, that's the problem with this issue.
Wouldn't go blaming that 1 entirely on the goalie, if there is any uncertainy b/w the umps when they confer then it is to be awarded the lowest score, central ump should have overuled if there was any doubt/confusion and not let the goalie change his mind, there is a underlying issue with club goalies no doubt, have overuled them in the past not co-incedental that the decision seems to favouring there club.

the central umpire cannot over rule a goal umpire. The goal umpire can speak to a central umpire but his decision is final, not the central umpire. In this case the goal umpire is a paid bgo umpire, not a club umpire and it was a goal umpire that YC had paid to attend on Saturday, it is true that if a goal umpire is unsure of a decision then they are to go with the lesser score, not the highest score, so there was definitely an error made in this instance and I would think that if bgo umpires want clubs to hire and use their umpires, then they need to be aware of their guidelines that they have in place, especially when umpiring at senior level. In this case neither side is going to make finals so it wasn't a matter of getting the points for position on the ladder, however pride is always on the line.

the central umpire cannot over rule a goal umpire. The goal umpire can speak to a central umpire but his decision is final, not the central umpire. In this case the goal umpire is a paid bgo umpire, not a club umpire and it was a goal umpire that YC had paid to attend on Saturday, it is true that if a goal umpire is unsure of a decision then they are to go with the lesser score, not the highest score, so there was definitely an error made in this instance and I would think that if bgo umpires want clubs to hire and use their umpires, then they need to be aware of their guidelines that they have in place, especially when umpiring at senior level. In this case neither side is going to make finals so it wasn't a matter of getting the points for position on the ladder, however pride is always on the line.
I reckon i have overuled the goalie 4 or 5 times at senior level this year, combined club and supplied, problem is alot of the time they dont wait for all clear they just go ahead and signal, pretty certain you are wrong centrals can overule.

I think yous should try and get a half decent side before u start lipping. correct me if im wrong but didnt marong beat inglewood with half a side...

So a club that has been struggling cannot celebrate a win? Yeah you're right, when they win they should just say "we won today but who cares because we lost the week before", stop being such a negative twat and let struggling teams supporters get excited about a win.

I didn't notice Marong playing with only 9 on the park the weekend before either, negative people like yourself really shit me.:thumbsdown:

wooo hooo go Inglewood!!

I think yous should try and get a half decent side before u start lipping. correct me if im wrong but didnt marong beat inglewood with half a side...

yeh seriosly bit harsh their mate .. . played in a few sides that only won 1-2 games a year and it is such a great feeling to win just 1 game . . its no premiership but its probably the best result you can get. . :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: but for inglewood congradulations on the win:D:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I reckon i have overuled the goalie 4 or 5 times at senior level this year, combined club and supplied, problem is alot of the time they dont wait for all clear they just go ahead and signal, pretty certain you are wrong centrals can overule.
Hi Gad I think you are well and truly mistaken, a central can ask the Goal Umpire if they are sure but their decision is final. Maybe you need some more lessons from Umpire school, 101 basic course would be a good start.

Hi Gad I think you are well and truly mistaken, a central can ask the Goal Umpire if they are sure but their decision is final. Maybe you need some more lessons from Umpire school, 101 basic course would be a good start.
Ohh rite, so when i can see it has shaved the post, and before i give the all clear the goalie signals a goal are u saying i cant then overule that.?

Ohh rite, so when i can see it has shaved the post, and before i give the all clear the goalie signals a goal are u saying i cant then overule that.?

The amount of shit that is spoken on this forum is unbelievable. Can we talk about footy?

There were 4 games played yesterday and you are still bickering about umpiring.

Any reports on the games yesterday?

Looks like the top 4 should be settled and there may be a fight for 5th position between Bridgewater and Newbridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh . . ycw vs pyrimid hill and it wasnt a great performance by ycw but they did put up little challenges in bursts. . . pyrimid controlled most of the game but failed in front of goals, could have had a bigger win but they kicked 20-21, too easy for pryimid hill to find space in they're forward fifty, ycw continue to play they're young blokes in the 1's and a few have really stepped up, need to continue with their younger players if they're serious about rebuilding, in some bad news i believe adrian cronin has injured his ankle in some way, could be nothing but was carried from the ground on a stretcher after the final siren.

other games ??

was Just looking through youuTubes videos of AFL draft prospects and found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcRX8761Hv4

its of matthew smith who plays for calivil when his not in the pioneers. anyone played on him? reckon he is actually a chance of making it? would be good for the league..

I actually played against him back in the under 17's day just a couple of years ago, and he was a very good player. Woulda got tagged week in and week out, very fine young footballer.

Page 155, rule 12.1.5,b. Guess i'll be seeing you on the 101 basic.

was Just looking through youuTubes videos of AFL draft prospects and found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcRX8761Hv4

its of matthew smith who plays for calivil when his not in the pioneers. anyone played on him? reckon he is actually a chance of making it? would be good for the league..
Mate, you said the same thing on the Bendigo thread - talk about blowing your own trumpet!

Ah well I guess any publicity is good publicity - good luck at this year's draft !

Can anyone tell me how Juddy Hancock is going at Miti since he has crossed from Heathcote ??

Really?? Rule 12.1.5(b) only applies if the controlling body prescribes that a field umpire may overrule. In my extensive time in Administration I have never been in a room where a league administrator has requested this. You are clearly a frustrated umpire that should give the game away.

Mate, you said the same thing on the Bendigo thread - talk about blowing your own trumpet!

Ah well I guess any publicity is good publicity - good luck at this year's draft !

Can anyone tell me how Juddy Hancock is going at Miti since he has crossed from Heathcote ??

haha im trying to get the video out there, i knoww the kid a bit so when i found it on youtube i posted the video through big footy on some random threads.

and im not blowing my own trumpet, i play for serp and cant get a kick personally, so itd be good to see someone from the league do alright thats all....

Really?? Rule 12.1.5(b) only applies if the controlling body prescribes that a field umpire may overrule. In my extensive time in Administration I have never been in a room where a league administrator has requested this. You are clearly a frustrated umpire that should give the game away.
Thats because the rooms your usually in the Administrator request is '' whos turn is it for a whinnie pink''. Thought a administrator/exec would have better things to do than read this woffle.

haha im trying to get the video out there, i knoww the kid a bit so when i found it on youtube i posted the video through big footy on some random threads.

and im not blowing my own trumpet, i play for serp and cant get a kick personally, so itd be good to see someone from the league do alright thats all....

anyone have any thoughts on what clubs may be looking for coaches at seasons end????

Mate you are a fair dinkum twat. I have a book on umpiring rules and there is no 155 pager! How many rules you idiot? The goal umpires decision is final ONCE the central calls all clear. Central can run up and chat before all clear is called but goal umpire has last say. Maybe you have changed decisions in mini-league but not seniors. If you have before, then your a CHEAT! Rules are rules so that would make you a rule changing CHEAT! Case closed, talk footy and move on:p

yeh nobody cares about the umpiring descision made, really if we paid that much attention to every shocking descision made by umpires ( not saying it was a shocking descision ) we would never talk about footy, , anyone got tips for this weekend ?
1s 2s and 17s if you can . . ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back